Spreading the Gospel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackManINC
a reply to: grandmakdw

Why were you even trying to justify your faith to those lunatics in the first place? The world doesnt hate you because of the crusades or because of what I or anyone else ever said, the world hates you because you follow Jesus Christ. If they hate you, be mindful that they hated Jesus in the first place. In case you haven't noticed, the hearts of the filth you were conversing with was already hardened. The strong delusion already took hold, so no amount of love and compassion will change that, it will only get worse.

What was your motive for starting this thread?

It has nothing to do with Jesus.

You knew it would incite people to call you evil, with the words you expressed of joy at others suffering.

You have besmirched the name of Jesus, shame, shame, shame on you.

You may be forgiven by God, but you will still have to face him for the damage your words have done and see the deep sorrow and anguish you have caused others with your words. You will suffer more than you ever know in your own heart that day. I pity your judgement day because your harsh words and anger will so greatly grieve God. You may be ultimately forgiven, that is up to God himself, but you will have to account for this very public and very unnecessary stain on the bride of Christ.

edit on 10Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:34:04 -0500am81808amk181 by grandmakdw because: spelling
edit on 10Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:34:43 -0500am81808amk181 by grandmakdw because: grammar
edit on 10Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:52:52 -0500am81808amk181 by grandmakdw because: sp

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I felt it necessary to let off some steam, its only in your mind that it did any harm, you should try it sometimes.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I felt it necessary to let off some steam, its only in your mind that it did any harm, you should try it sometimes.

You are so wrong that it did no harm.

This is a widely read forum.

I have actually seen some of my original thinking, expressed in a post on ATS, become a meme.

It does add fuel to the fire of hatred for Christians. You may find your post copied all over the internet as an example of how the "average" Christian thinks.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

It's a good thing that the Apostles didn't have your opinion towards sharing the Gospel, or we would all be in trouble. There are numerous places in the NT where we as followers of Christ are commissioned to spread the Gospel...

Romans 10:12-17

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?
As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our message?” 17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.

Then there is this very clear commandment from Jesus Christ Himself, from Mark 16:15-16...

He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

It's very ironic and sad, as well as VERY hypocritical and self righteous, that you consider your fellow man to be swine, not worthy of hearing the Gospel. God considers YOU, as well as everyone else, to be unworthy of His grace and mercy, and that YOU, as well as everyone else, deserves eternal torment and condemnation in Hell. If God were only a just God, we would all already be there. Thankfully He is not only just, He is merciful, which is why we are not in Hell already. Because of His mercy, the unsaved wake up everyday with a new opportunity to humble themselves and believe on The LORD Jesus Christ as their Savior, and those who already believe wake up every morning with a new opportunity to reach the lost with the message of the Gospel. When we share the Gospel, we are demonstrating the love of God for us to others. Knowing the truth of the Gospel, and NOT sharing it, is no different than seeing someone about to be run over by a car and NOT saying anything. You have the answer to defeating sin and death, and yet you refuse to share that answer with anyone. You are the one who has to live with that, and unfortunately, you are the one who has to die with that, unless you repent.
edit on 18-8-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

Sure thing, and spreading the Gospel is exactly what I`ve been doing for about the last three years in my own way, regardless of the fact that I believe that its a fruitless endeavour. Just don`t fool yourself into believing that spreading it will even so much as make a dent when God hardens the heathens heart, turning them over to their own lusts completely. Once that happens you can forget about spreading Gods word at all.
edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

You are correct, however, they are a sect of Islam, they claim to be doing the will of Allah, they claim to be following Muhammad. In all their rantings they hail Allah and Muhammad and call for Shariah.

What they call themselves and what they actually are are two completely different things. The only way to expose them is to bring them undone through the teachings of the Qu'ran and when you can do this you will understand that they are not a Sect of Islam and they are certainly not following the teachings of Mohammad.

I understand people have different views and may disagree with what I'm saying but I only say it because I have learnt the teachings of the Qu'ran and what they are doing contradicts the Qu'ran in so many ways it's ludicrous to even label them Muslims to begin with.

I suppose the Inquisition carried out by the Catholic church (a sect of Christianity) which tortured and killed people for being the the wrong kind of Christian or an unbeliever, is a better comparison to ISIS/ISIL than the Crusades

This will put a stain on the good,loving, kind Muslims as deep and as lasting as the Crusades and Inquisition did for Christians.

Your exactly right with the above. But I wouldn't call the Catholic Church Christians because of that, who are they to tell people what is and isn't when they cannot even uphold the teachings themselves?

This also puts a stain on all Christians who are so unkind to their neighbor as to incite the kind of hatred for Christians we see regularly on ATS, which helps to justify in the minds of ISIS what they are doing. Believe me they utilize the internet quite widely.

ISIS are picking and choosing certain parts of Islam which justify their slaughters whilst omitting the parts which prove that they are completely wrong. The only time a Muslim is allowed to attack anyone is when they themselves are the victims of aggression. How is ISIS a victim of aggression and even if they are, when did the Iraqi's attack them?

It will also put an eternal stain on all Muslims who do not actively try and stop ISIS. Just saying, they don't represent us or who we are, their thoughts are evil - will work as well for eternity as the Christians who said the same about the Crusades.

Christians are sitting back doing nothing when it comes to the issues the world is facing. They would rather place the blame on someone else then get off their arses and solve the problem themselves... And even when they do raise their voice, they turn to the secular world to solve the problems for them, the same secular system that started the problem in the first place.

I guess the income in the churches is too good to stand up and resist this crap...

Only the good, kind, loving Muslims have the true power to stop ISIS/ISIL because it is the name of Allah and Muhammad and Islam, who are being drug through the mud by these evil people.

The OP has just added one more stick to the fire of hatred for Christians and so I put his ideas in the same category as the ideas of ISIS/ISIL

The whole problem is the good kind hearted Muslims cannot defend themselves. They are relying on a bunch of cowards who drop their weapons and run away because the thought of ISIS literally scares the crap out of them. Once again, the people who started the entire problem in Syria are called in to clean up their own mess and will probably take more innocent lives with them also.

People (Christians) need to wake up to the evil that is controlling them in their very own countries and then maybe we can start eradicating the problem which is beginning to consume the world also. People have got to start getting pro-active with their own governments, the problem will never go away until we do. Some of the worst problems are coming from the well dressed idiots we see on our TV's everyday.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

I do not disagree with you.

I also want to let you know that I quoted you in my new and I think extremely important thread. I'd love to have you post there with your ideas and comments that do not bash either Christians or Muslims. I am making I think a poignant plea to Muslim governments.

Your (please be gentle) corrections you see in what I wrote would be greatly appreciated as you have obviously given this matter a great deal of thought.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: OptimusSubprime

Sure thing, and spreading the Gospel is exactly what I`ve been doing for about the last three years in my own way, regardless of the fact that I believe that its a fruitless endeavour. Just don`t fool yourself into believing that spreading it will even so much as make a dent when God hardens the heathens heart, turning them over to their own lusts completely. Once that happens you can forget about spreading Gods word at all.

Yes, God does indeed harden the hearts of people, as seen in Romans 1, however WE don't know who those people are, and so we must approach each person without bias looking to show them the freedom that is only found in Christ. One of the most misunderstood passages in the Bible is found in Matthew 7, and the ignorant person will use this passage to say that we should never judge anyone...

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

This isn't saying not to ever judge someone. It is saying that we shouldn't judge someone more harshly than we would want to be judged. It is also saying not to judge someone hypocritically, and that is what you are doing. I mean no offense, but if you look at someone and deem them unworthy of hearing the Gospel because you feel that they are heathen and reprobate, then you are a hypocrite, because there was a time when YOU and I were heathen, and yet we are saved because someone shared the Gospel with us, be it through a sermon at church or someone knocking on your door, or whatever, and then you chose to believe it. Once someone hears the Gospel they have a choice to make, to believe or not to believe, but that is a choice they make outside of your efforts to share the truth with them. Regardless of their own personal choice, you have obeyed the commandment of Christ by sharing it. I would also point out the last verse of the above passage, verse 6, where we are told that we MUST make a judgement, and judge rather or not we should share the Gospel with someone. Instead of judging people on an individual basis, you have made it a blanket policy to just deem everyone else in the world a "pig or dog". That is not Christ like, because if it were, He would have labeled EVERYONE on Earth a pig or a dog and His death on the cross would be in vain. I would argue that you have made His death on the cross a vain act already, at least in your sphere of influence, because of your unwillingness to share the Gospel.
edit on 18-8-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC Those that do not make a choice will be stuck in the black void left when this place is no more. Because most that do not believe in GOD came here with us as spirits and if you shed away all the influences of this world then you are left with a child that does not want to be left behind.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior
a reply to: wanderingscholar

Have any more valid old testament references? 70% of the new testament was written by people who were not who they said they were.

Crafting something in a decietful manner = enjoying the suffering of the wicked. Lots of contradictions here lol
I follow the teachings of Yeshua ben Yosef, and of His Apostles, and of Saint Paul. You do not have to believe me, or the Word of the Most High, but sarcasm and ridicule seldom gets you anywhere.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   

After contributing to a few of your threads in total agreement with
the OP and other points as well? I must say, this thread is a shock
BMI. Did something happen to you, or did I just not have the full
story in your regards? I must of missed something because this:

And as your reading them and watching my videos, be mindful that I`m not doing this as some act of kindness for the heathen, but only to secure my spot in Gods kingdom.

I just thought you knew you can't do anything to secure " Your spot "
in Gods Kingdom. See you don't have a "Spot" at this moment partner.
That's why Christ was here. But hey, If you think you can do it yourself,
I guess I shouldn't be preach'n the gospel to you, for sure. Just don't
be ask'n me to join you're damn cult? Did something happen? You need to
talk something out? Anytime my good man. You talk, I'll listen. After that
it's up to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Faith without works is dead, and those works include spreading the gospel, which is what I`m doing in my own way. However, I`m not one of those fake, hypocritical smiley faced Christians who gets satisfaction out of spreading the word or pretending to show some act of kindness, I get satisfaction out of intellectually ripping heathens apart from the inside out, whether its the Pope, Richard Dawkins, David Icke, or a new ager. Anybody that declares war on God and his word will have a serious problem with me, I take it personal. And I`m not done purging bottom feeding mutations like Pope Francis either, for more venom is yet to come from this devil.
edit on 20-8-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well ok, I don't see a problem with any of that. Glad I could help.

You need me again, you know what to do. I'm always around here some
where. Carry on!

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join