It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if white folks stood up for their rights as much as black people do? We might have a revolution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Just imagine if white people, who btw are just as much abused by police in America than minorities, stood up for their rights like black people do, we might have the revolution in this country we all are calling for.

Indeed what many don’t understand is that when black people risk their lives and go up against police powers, THE WHOLE SOCIETY WILL BENEFIT!

One gets weary hearing about people complaining when the African American community rises up against police abuse.

Sure there are other issues such as crime in those communities but actually those are for the police to deal with as well as the community.

And one can make a point that it is the police who have been negligent in truly policing the black community. They should strictly deal with violent crime and not minor drug incidents, or traffic events, imo.

It’s the power of the state that is more of a threat to all of us.

And what group in America has been the foremost to challenge the state and police powers and the PTB for their rights and liberties but black people.

Others are riding on the precedent black people set in demanding equal treatment from the PTB.

Such people should be heralded as patriots and supported not castigated all the time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm sure there's a lot of black people in ferguson sitting at home and watching the events unfold. Please don't lump them all together, they're all individuals.

And I wonder if anyone said the same thing during the bundy ranch episode..

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So the Blacks are do'in something the whites should be do'in?

So you can be one of the guys off the hook and loot'n you're ass
off right?

So we can have a revolution? Ok Charlie!

edit on Ram81714v262014u52 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Indeed what many don’t understand is that when black people risk their lives and go up against police powers, THE WHOLE SOCIETY WILL BENEFIT!

Why is it always a white/black idea that people think drives all this. It is economics as in whether a group lives well or not. Those who actually have a good life do not have the desire to destroy that good life. Those that have nothing to loose only see a reset as maybe something better than what they have now, so what the hell just reset it all.

One gets weary hearing about people complaining when the African American community rises up against police abuse.

Many blacks have allowed themselves to live a crappy life of subsistence. Getting something for nothing is a very tempting thing, but there is a caveat to it all. Yes, one can survive without doing much, but there is no quality to it at all, it is just existence.

And one can make a point that it is the police who have been negligent in truly policing the black community. They should strictly deal with violent crime and not minor drug incidents, or traffic events, imo.

These neighborhoods are a different world to most other places in America. It is a controlled war everyday of the week. When people have little then they find other routes, such as drugs, stealing, gangs, violence, prostitution, scamming etc. The police there are also much different as they become very desensitized and lump everyone in one category of bad...

edit on 17-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Tribalism is not a good thing. It would be best for white people to lead the way forward by shedding our cultural attachments and reaching towards a global brotherhood instead of going backwards to faction think. Maybe if white people joined in whenever one of these minorities got violated, we could all be outraged together over every person instead of dividing ourselves up into sects.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

we should also preserve and celebrate our differences? would you want a world with no variance in color and shape of the prototype body?

i also agree we should take a forthright effort in leading the world against racism and to unify our species. But we only unify be protecting our differences and accepting them and cherishing them.
edit on 17-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If you mean the people of the western world finally rising up against the fact they're getting screwed and manipulated by those they elect through a pointless bullsh*t charade every four years, then yeah they certainly should, maybe that way we can then have true democracy

edit on 17-8-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Preserve is dubious, but we should embrace the world as it is and seek to improve upon it where we can.

White skin only makes sense in low sunlight environments. There's no reason to preserve it once we can deliver the genes for proper vitamin-D production into the human organism. Dark skin is only good for solar protection, there's no reason to preserve it now that we have technology that can perform much better than melanin.

For the time being, until we have a better understanding of human genetics and genetic diversity, I think we should just let nature take its course. Breed with whomever you please and let genetic drift determine the outcome of people's skin color. Once human beings become self-engineering, they can after that point decide their own skin color based upon personal preference, but until that time, there's no reason to try to force any group or sub-group to conform to any totalitarian ideology.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

i completely agree we must combine with our technologies and stop tribal warfare and turn outward towards the stars, we must unify and terraform and or colonize other planets it is our course of natural progression.
edit on 17-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sure there are other issues such as crime in those communities but actually those are for the police to deal with as well as the community.

and when the police try to deal with the crime there are always some people who say that the police are just being racist for arresting black criminals.

To you drugs might be a minor incident but to your neighbor drugs might be considered a crime.everyone has different opinions of what crime is that is why society has created laws defining what is considered a crime. It`s not up to us individually to decide what is or isn`t a crime it`s up to us to abide by the laws that define what a crime is.

It seems to me that is usually the criminals who are the ones that are always complaining about their rights being violated,I don`t often see law abiding people complaining about their rights being violated.
is it possible that just maybe the criminal`s rights aren`t being violated and that they just don`t want to pay the consequences for breaking the law?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
2pac - live and die in LA

"we might fight amongst each other but I promise you this, we'll burn this bitch down, you get us pissed, to live and die in LA"

GOD! I miss that man.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If the undereducated communities werent so inclined to steal, rape, and feel the need
to devalue their neighborhoods in the manner that is historic to their culture, the need
for such police action in these crime laden areas wouldnt be so necessary.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There's more to the issue. What do most black people have in common with most black people? They're poor. They're the poorest. I would venture a guess that poor white people have their rights trampled on disproportionately to their more affluent counterparts.

The white (former) middle class of America are still sleeping. The illusion still holds for them.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
America needs to get over the race thing, it's sad as sh!t that racism is still such a big thing over there

Over here it's not so bad anymore

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

Innate in every person is a need for homogeneity in their environment. It takes a transcendent force to rise above basal instincts and to embrace heterogeneous existence, and I don't think multi-culturalism is really the best expression of that ideal, because it is still sectarian and forces conformity onto its individual members. For a white person to act black becomes cultural appropriation and for a black person to act white becomes conformity to the oppressive class... that is not evolved, but an emotional backlash to the cultural conformity that has existed for years.

Evolution of the human soul works like a sine wave crawling forward in time, each peak an ever diminishing backlash of the inverse peak that existed before it, always leading us forward towards perfection. The quantum leap of human evolution is synthesizing a new reality, taking the status quo and its logical backlash then combining each of their fundamental truths to avoid the turbulence of the inevitable revolution, lunging forward into a more stable state of existence.

This generates consensus among disparate groups which leads towards peace. Synthesizers of this cosmos are literally philosophical peacemakers if you can believe that! This works in almost every object of epistemology so long as the truth you are dealing with is somewhat subjective.

There are very few absolute truths in this universe and even fewer moral truths. Everything else is negotiable, and once humankind realizes that, there will no longer be any benefit to discrimination.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Nechash because: poor spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
White people do rise up. In my city, blacks only make up 3% of the population. So when a white homeless man was killed by the police, white people came out.

edit on 17-8-2014 by BerenstEiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A powerful alliance in this country can form and scare the living sh__ out of the powers that be.

Indeed, the Black Panthers of the 60’s and 70’s were really the first militia group in America.

Not the present racist group who calls themselves black panthers but the one in the 70’s I’m referring to.

It’s called coalition building. The people who were so vociferous in supporting Bundy should be allies with the civil rights movement.

Folks here are smart enough to complain about how the ptb goes about separating us. Lets get smart

Imagine a coalition of people of different political persuasions uniting behind issues of common value.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I also want to criticize the black civil rights movement in that they SHOULD also complain and protest when other groups are abused by the police.

It would serve Al Sharpton well if he did come out and marched when whites are abused

Take it away from the racial angle now and then.

It’s certainly true that AA has borne the brunt of the police state but this is getting to be a universal issue.

It’s a good thing that Alex Jones is covering this incident.

For ultimately this is about human rights which transcend race

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A lot of African Americans have nothing to lose, can we say the same about average white America...just being born to a Ethnic minority can lead to poverty and a very good chance of going to jail... this is not isolated to the US BTW.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I assume this is based on the premise that those in Ferguson are protesting to protect their rights. I don't think they are. I think they are venting their anger over any number of issues and the killing of one man was enough to set it off.

Frankly, I see few people of any color protesting to protect our rights anywhere.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join