It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza counts the cost of war: 'Whole families smashed under the rubble'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Figures from the UN and local human rights organisations show that at least 59 Palestinian families suffered multiple casualties during the Israeli bombardment

www.theguardian.com...

At least 59 Palestinian families suffered multiple casualties over four weeks of Israeli bombardment in Gaza, according to data collated by the Guardian. The youngest casualty was 10-day old Hala Abu Madi, who died on 2 August; the oldest was Abdel al-Masri, aged 97, who was killed on 3 August.

The figures are based on data from three independent Palestinian human rights organisations – the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights (PCHR) and Al Mezan, both based in Gaza, and the West Bank-based Al-Haq; the Israeli human rights group B’Tselem; and the UN office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).

However, it is almost certainly an incomplete picture. Systematic identification of bodies and logging of data have been hampered by the sheer scale of the casualties in Gaza – about 2,000 killed in total, and 10,000 wounded – types of injuries, and the need for swift burial.

Among families in which four or more people died, 479 people were killed in total, including 212 children under the age of 18, and 15 people aged 60 and over. The deadliest day was 30 July, when 95 members of 10 families were killed. On 20 July, 65 members of 10 families died, and on 21 July, 71 members of six families were killed.

This is the result when Israel defends itself.

We're all aware of Hamas and how they blatantly will fire off rockets from anywhere in Gaza and we're all aware how Israel gives the Gazans a 5 - 10 minute warning to leave their home.

Israel's Binny Netanyahooooo!'s popularity has skyrocketed during this so called war. A majority of Israeli people support not only the war, their warmongering PM, but appear to have no compassion at all for Gaza judging by news reports and comments on said outsets.

But here is the reality of the war.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You should clarify his popularity has skyrocketed - in Israel.

He's pretty much reviled in the rest of the world and that's starting to spread to the western people's too.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

No need for clarification, it's obvious his popularity in Israel has skyrocketed, and that's exactly what he wants. He's a warmongering whore who is always trying to pick a fight and Hamas gives him the perfect opportunity to engage in said fight. That's why Hamas can all go to hell. They too think along the same lines as Binny here, war will increase their popularity and power but thankfully this last "war" has not at all increased Hamas' popularity. In fact the opposite has happened, the Fatah's popularity has increased. Now if only Gaza could have an election and vote Hamas out... too bad they haven't had an election in years......

Gaza is being occupied by both Israel and Hamas. The victims are civilians.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I honestly do not know how cameron can stomach netanyahoooo in any shape or form or the people in Israel who cheer him on. Its important to remember that we are hearing this from the media which no doubt nety commands but its unlikely to reflect every israeli' view. Any with common sense know that netanyahoo has crossed a line that has made him and his country one of the most unpopular country's in the world and has cost them the goodwill from other country's if they get inbto bother. The only thing keeping them afloat is that they control the world's banks and until we find another means of banking they are pretty immune, but once we do things could change for them or isis could make it into israel.

They are practising everything they want the world to remember that happened to them, without a qualm of conscience. Although this time we are getting the correct figures, and not those given after the work camps were closed at the end of WW2.

They are clearly trying to kill off every Palestinian in order to grab Gaza and the oil/gas beneath it. Its everything that decent people abhor in the end, what separates netanyahoo and his mob from isis? - precious little at the end of the day. I really do hope we stop our alliance with israel because its the one country that makes my skin crawl when I see the pathetic apologists and nety on my tv.

Also how other muslim country's can turn their backs on what is happening without demanding sanctions again israel is also beyond me.

How cameron can deal with that man is utterly beyond me and how he has the audacity to tell the russians what to do and not the israeli's is also pathetic.

link   

link   

link   

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Sorry I double clicked.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

cut from the same cloth none of them give a # about the people they represent and both of them are Zionist assholes

top topics

join