It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists dispatched to test new legal highs at V festival...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GetOutOfMyLight

Just a quick random one are you in america now? If so what time is it? Its 4 am here in uk

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think it's more of an OMG I have a child that would do something that young type of comment. Its also the comment of a friend that used take turns being on duty so another friend wouldn't get himself in trouble with trully idiotic ideas.

Life is all about choices. My choice is to speak up.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I think it's more of an OMG I have a child that would do something that young type of comment.

I actually do understand. Just throwing the reminder kids will often do something stupid precisely because they were told not to.

Many stupid choices in life are defined by things people worked hardest to prevent people from doing. Things handled maturely are often those things people understand early on that they and only they are responsible for the consequences.
edit on 16-8-2014 by GetOutOfMyLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just because it is considered legal, doesn't mean it is safe. Look at the additives they add to food, they are legal and approved for consumption at the recommended serving size. It's not the companies fault if you eat more than one serving a day.

NO2 has some good properties if utilized when it is needed. But it is not a recreational drug. It can kill you, Nitrogen has some necessary functions in the body, it can help some people with certain conditions while damaging people under many other conditions. I might as well talk to the wall. I'll take my nitrogen in a cigarette.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Responsibility? Accountability?

GASP

Too many don't even know how to do those things. I'll be the first to say its damn hard to teach. Looks like we agree again!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish
I... and only I... am responsible for the pattern I leave behind.

Simple. Elegant. Perfect. Challenging. Confusing. Concluding.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Cannabis is a medication and it's been that way for thousands of years. It is not the best medication, it has its faults like all the others. But it is one of the safest, most natural forms of healing you can find. What makes it unhealthy is what's in the lighters, the pesticides, what they put it in and how they use it. Considering how "they" want us sick and full of ailments it makes sense to popularize dangerous, harmful substances and suppress true cures.

I most certainly believe we were put on this realm to use all of nature's power in a responsible way (fire to cook but not to burn your brother). This issue intersects many aspects of our existence. From freedom, being told what to do with our bodies, money, minds, etc. Spiritual warfare, certain religions shrouded in misunderstanding due to using it. And even how it impacts traditional belief systems that predate the modern fraud church.

Essentially, it's just another war against us, and a big distraction also.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is the prohibiting what a person can do with their own bodies (and minds), (except for women killing their babies), which makes people try to create these so called "legal" substances in the first place, which are far more deadly and dangerous than the ones they outlawed.

Certain mushrooms were popular when they were legal, but when they became Illegal is when they became even more popular. People were like "If they are illegal they must really be good"
I think a lot of our congress and senate are currently experimenting with bath salts, judging from the things they say and do..
These scientists must be giving in to the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" crowd?

edit: With laughing gas, it is a sure killer because people think it has oxygen when they breath it, but it most definitely does not. The oxide only "oxidizes" when it is released like when it is mixed and burned with gasoline for example...

When inhaled without having a seperate bottle of pure oxygen turned on and intermixed with it, you will DIE quickly.

Whenever you see laughing gas being used medically, it will always have a seperate system of oxygen being mixed in with it so you don't die, since oxygen, (not oxides of something) is required for living.
edit on 17-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: add

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixFreeman

No, nitrous is not safe, and I would suggest never using it, even if a dentist suggests taking it for an dental operation.

Back in some day, when I used to attend raves and harvest festivals, we made a point of kicking out the nitrous sellers. A well-known organizer of a festival got into a fist fight once as he kicked the guy out. Nitrous=bad. For those who haven't lost all respect for Ron Hubbard, he said that nitrous was the worse drug, and that inhaling it is like getting a concussion to the brain.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join