It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

By 2025, ‘sexbots will be commonplace’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It seems AI is advancing rather quickly and will permeate every aspect of our lives in the near future. 2025 is a rock, skip and a throw away.

According to a new report that looks at how continuing improvements to artificial intelligence and robotics will impact society, “robotic sex partners will become commonplace” by 2025. A large portion of the report also focuses on how AI and robotics will impact both blue- and white-collar workers, with about 50% of the polled experts stating that robots will displace more human jobs than they create by 2025.

The report, called “AI, Robotics, and the Future of Jobs” and published by Pew Research, is a 66-page monster [PDF]. The report basically consists of a bunch of experts waxing lyrical about what the world will look like in 2025 if robots and AI continue to advance at the same scary pace of the last few years. Almost every expert agreed that robots and AI will no longer be constrained to repetitive tasks on a production line, and will permeate “wide segments of daily life by 2025.” The experts are almost perfectly split on whether these everyday robots will be a boon or a menace to society, though — but more on that at the end of the story.

www.extremetech.com... stealing-our-jobs

Things should get interesting over the next few years if these things continue to advance pace of today. This could be why Google is snatching up companies that have anything to do with A.I.

I think a couple of things might have to happen. A cashless society where these robots makes things for us and everything is basically free because robots and 3D printers make everything.

Secondly, future generations will probably have debates on whether we should let machines think for themselves freely or should we put constraints on what they can think in order to protect ourselves.

Displacing jobs with robots isn’t necessarily a bad thing, though. Historically, robots have been a net creator of jobs, as they free up humans to work on more interesting things — and invent entirely new sectors to work in. More robots also means less drudgery — less tilling the fields, less stop-start commute driving — and in theory more time spent playing games, interacting with your family, etc.

On the other hand, the robot jobocalypse is likely to happen very quickly — so fast that our economic, education, and political systems may struggle to keep up. Previously robots mostly replaced blue-collar workers, but this next wave will increasingly replace skilled/professional white-collar workers. A lot of these specialized workers may find themselves without a job, and without the means to find a new one. We may suddenly see a lot of 50-year-olds going back to university.

I personally think it will be a boon at first. We will flourish as machines do a lot of the work and the learning for us. Things will get tricky when they began to think about what they learn and like I said some on the Singularity side of things will want machines to think freely and if they wipe us out that's just nature taking it's course and we will have to assimilate. On the other side will be people saying we have to control and restrain what they can think in order to protect ourselves.
edit on 16-8-2014 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

When will Skynet becomes Self Aware?

Other than that what would the social impact be when humans replace human lovers for machine lovers?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

as to the employment side of things , they said that with the introduction of computers people would have more free time to pursue their hobbies etc but as we all know it did not happen .

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Machines will be good for those moments where the urge is great so for 13 year old boys its going to be a god send (and for the dads of 13 year old girls a relief as they'll be too busy with a guaranteed machine to worry your daughter)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

That was my first thought

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

When will Skynet becomes Self Aware?

Other than that what would the social impact be when humans replace human lovers for machine lovers?

I think women might be hurt worse then men at first because these sexbots will just be about sexual gratification and women want more of an emotional connection.

Over time they should get better when it comes to holding conversations and some people will begin to love their sexbot. The overall impact should be minimal though but who knows until it actually occurs.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wonder what will happen the first time a new AI enhanced sex robot says it has a headache and then rips your limbs off for trying to reprogram it? I can see some issues popping up with AI, not all of them good.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Well if you read other forums the misogynists are out in full blast over replacing women, families, paying child support.

I figure women will be able to weed the hero's from the zero's basically.

Housework bots are a whole other thing.

What the full implications are according to the article I read, is that white and blue collar jobs will be lost, and less replaced than this industry will create.

I really hope we're thinking eutopia and venus project, because in the wrong hands, (and last I checked earth is in the wrong hands) this would be a nightmare even worse than current ones.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
As time progresses we look back and say oh, this generation is like this because they ...

We seem to never learn.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before a sentient robot files rape charges.
I personally can't really see myself being interested in banging a robot.
Contrary to what seems to be common opinion, all men aren't soulless breeding machines.
Some are, but the same goes for women, in approximately equal measure based on my own observation.
There are some of us, I would dare say the majority, that need to connect on some level with the other person before we are interested in knocking boots.
I would think that someone with a robot as their primary sexual partner, male or female, would not be very attractive to the majority of other potential "meat space" mates.
I guess we'll see...strange days indeed.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I just posted this video the other day that relates to this topic.
You might want to check it out:

ATS: Humans Need Not Apply

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

these sexbots will just be about sexual gratification and women want more of an emotional connection.

I feel like this generalization is so wrong especially these days.
Women are hungry for sex with unemotional attachments too. I've seen it.

And who says women won't be using these sex bots? They already have vibrating dildos and such.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

XL5

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I think after the initial hiccups, AI that can pass for human would be great. As long as the bots don't learn our emotional weakness/bias. The truly great thing would be that they don't care if you are tall, have money, confidence, looks or even a home! Think about all the unhappy people that have been turned down by women/men and also employers over that crap. I think the bots should be hardwired to not care about emotional hang-ups but still capable to understand the reasoning behind it.

I can see a world where the people who may be somehow undatable will have bots that look better than most women. It will be sure fun to watch what happens...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I am always skeptical about projected dates. I honestly do not think we will such such a turnaround in the next decade, rather it will probably take twice or three times as long. I mean people were speculating that we should be in only flying cars by now, among many other things, but we have not reached those points yet. To be fair however I don't think we will ever be wearing our pockets inside out, a la Back to the Future style. Wasn't that where I saw that? Number 2 I think? Anyway, I have no doubt that the things discussed in the article will happen, I am just not optimistic on the timeline.

And even though we are not as advanced as we were "supposed" to be by this time where certain areas are concerned, we have made quantum leaps, in a sense literally, in other areas. Another thing to consider is the fact that for some it is hard to judge these things accurately because we are living them. Gradual change often goes unnoticed. We have become accustomed to technology improving at what truly is an astounding rate, but it doesn't seem so astounding to us because the jumps have not been great. They have built on what has come before. Now quantum computers truly will bring a huge jump in technology.

You know I never thought of something that you brought up...The idea of a society that is cashless, or moneyless, because all of the work is done by robots. Obviously someone would have to pay for the initial materials, maintenance, etc., but it is an interesting idea nonetheless. I think we would be hard-pressed to get any businesses to relinquish their profits however, lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If robots do take over all our jobs, I can't see it working out in our favour. It will be for the benefit of the elite, and as usual, us peasants will suffer. Don't expect us all to be able to live meaningful lives, free to do what we want. Reality is that we will still be expected to pay our way but with less chance of getting a job. Which means less people able to buy stuff will drive the prices, and profits up of everything. Social security systems will likely collapse due to the strain of so many people being reliant on them.

Whoever wrote that article is ignorant of human nature and our current system.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

these sexbots will just be about sexual gratification and women want more of an emotional connection.

I feel like this generalization is so wrong especially these days.
Women are hungry for sex with unemotional attachments too. I've seen it.

And who says women won't be using these sex bots? They already have vibrating dildos and such.

Reminds me of my ex, childish, she wanted it now and even pushed herself onto me when I just wanted quality time with her. Got a good laugh when I found out she was busy calling this one guy a "manwhore", since he's centered around sex. She must have a good future ahead in 2025

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join