It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine and Russian forces engage

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
No Weapons Seen Crossing Russian-Ukrainian Border - OSCE

KAMENSK-SHAKHTINSKY, August 19 (RIA Novosti) – The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe's Special Monitoring Mission working on the Russian-Ukrainian border has not seen any weapons crossing between the countries, an OSCE spokesman working on the Russian side of the border said Tuesday.

en.ria.ru...

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

This kind of post annoys me - someone says something and, instead of getting off your arse and looking it up yourself, you sit their with your fingers in your ears saying "La-La-La, no pictures, didn't happen, La-La-La"..

Personally, I like to check everything everyone says, even if it is something I don't believe or want to acknowledge. For some though, it seems they are happy to look up what they agree with, but simply point blank refuse to even look at anything that may be against their beliefs.

Wow..ae you quite through?!!!?

You have completely depleted your ability to understand! You make out like I'm trying not to see something, and the reality is quite the opposite.

I have been trying to make sense of all this, I have been searching for information, when I have the time...sorry man but my professional life gets in the way of trying to do this bit of research. So, perhaps I don't have all the data, available...

So here is what annoys me: self-righteous people who have quite left any understanding they may have gained during their childhood behind on their 16th birthday, and now feel it is necessary to attempt to trash others who might not have the time or resources to get the answers they want. Causing them, of course, to ask.

I know that asking indicates a certain level of ignorance, but, seriously sir; getting on my case and accusing me of not caring is wholly out of line!

All I am doing is looking for information, so that I may construct some sort of personal understanding of these events.

Why is it that people like you have such an objection to people arriving at their own conclusions? Why is it that you would keep me in the dark, refusing all information? Is it better that way? Does my ignorance further your agenda? Prolly!

In any case sir; you are out of line, You only wish to promote darkness, confusion, and of course YOUR view.

So...if you don't have anything; STFU. I'm looking for reality, not your wee fantasy!

And, for what it's worth; I have done as much of my homework (due diligence) as possible...I'm still looking for the images I requested. I'm am presuming, for the moment, they do not exist, thus the whole incursion story is pure fabricated BS!

Oh, and, as strange as it may seem; this really is a case of; "Pics or it didn't happen."

edit on 19-8-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Both my daughter and the author are in no rush to chase down the point I was quoting. Sobeit.

Apparently, it was more of a potentiality rather than a prediction. i.e. if certain market forces suddenly went south at the time, this could be the 'culprit'.

I gave it too much credence.

I retract my post on the point as inaccurate. My bad

edit on 19-8-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Again and again title is misleading. Lets start to put those into HOAX bin.

To me news lizards shape shifters attacking Seattle sound more probable.

Lol)))
edit on 19-8-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus
a reply to: MrSpad

the trail is really simple.

indeed.

so simple.

almost like somebody laid it out for you to see.

And what would be the point? Russia's international reputation is already in the toilet. Ukraine has the rebels on their very last leg. The popular support the rebels were supposed to have turned out not to exist and the rebels have been a nightmare for the locals. Nobody thinks Russia is not supporting the rebels. The fact that the rebels talk about it all the time kind of ruins any attempt at claiming otherwise.

It is ok I can see where this is all going. The story is going to change to the rebels being a creation of the facist cia controled Ukraine to make Russia look bad and that they were never pro Russian thus explaining why the locals want nothing to do with them. The rebels shot down the plane to make Russia look bad, the rebels went on druken rampages in cities to make the Russians look bad, the rebels have been stealing everything they can from the locals to make the Russians look bad, the rebels shelled a refugee column to make the Russians look bad and the rebels keep teling eveyone how much help Russia has been with weapons and volunteers to make Russia look bad. lol. Oh man I can see this one coming. That is the route that is going to have to be taken to explain this pile that Russia has stepped in. Because I do not see anyway other than that to save face if your a supporter of Russia in all this.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Russia's reputation down the toilet? That's what you think? You are a funny man. Your opening line has no credibility. The rest of your post to the last line means bias and fallacy. Do we care to read? I say 'no'.

Cheers)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

assuming all your claims are true, compare it to what kiev folks are doing. compare it to what right sector is doing. compare it to odessa.

and then think, who really looks bad in all this.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You do understand that is because they aren't going to go through a border checkpoint that is being monitored. Do you think that the OSCE has every inch of that border being watched?

Going through a border checkpoint is the last thing a country sending arms to separatists is going to do...but then again anything possible with Putin.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Russia never do things underhand and if they were shipping weapons to the pro Russian separatists they would definitely be doing it through official border checkpoints. Putin's Russia is open, transparent and with a totally free media that would report any underhand silliness.

Regards

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You do understand that is because they aren't going to go through a border checkpoint that is being monitored. Do you think that the OSCE has every inch of that border being watched?

Going through a border checkpoint is the last thing a country sending arms to separatists is going to do...but then again anything possible with Putin.

You must be a troll.

There are hundreds of kilometres borderline unchecked between Ukraine and Russia.
Why to use Red Cross corridors when obviously it will be the most spot watched?

I mean, using reason becomes harder. Counter reason philosophy becomes its own science
edit on 19-8-2014 by darkorange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkorange

Russia's reputation down the toilet? That's what you think? You are a funny man. Your opening line has no credibility. The rest of your post to the last line means bias and fallacy. Do we care to read? I say 'no'.

Cheers)

Yes it is in the toilet.
Russia Global Image
Now that we know my opening line is credible let me continue with some more fun info. Who are Russias real friends in the world that full out support them? Cuba? Syria? North Korea? Vietnam, Russia second largest arms market is pushing hard for stonger US ties and a treaty. Iran has been flirting with the US for some time now. Cuba will become an American vacation spot when Castro dies. It is to the point that when China and India do not vote at all instead voting in support of Russia, Russia hails it as a victory. Yes Russias global reputation is in the toilet. That is not opinion, that is fact. Of course Russia blames all that on the US. So you should just follow Russias lead.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

He was not required to. Read the agreement. The head of the radar was and he did.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Reputation means little nowadays. As long as the gas, oil, arms keeps coming people and governments will line up to buy those, this is undeniable facts. Reputation can be improved. Russians are happy with Putin's policies so far, who are the rest to tell them otherwise. Even those thickheaded in Washington starting to understand that the days of 90s are long gone and there is another voice on the table they will have to listen one way or another.
edit on 0pmxu34 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

Regarding polls i would not trust them blindly after all there are many variables such as how many people where asked, what msn influence are they under, age group, ethnic background, etc. However the most important variable is: How was the question asked ?

For example if you ask someone:
-Would you like to sacrifice some of you freedoms and be under surveillance 24/7 to prevent possible future terrorist attacks ? Then the answer most like be : NO.
But if you rephrase that to :
-Would you like to sacrifice some of your freedoms in order to protect your family and children from a possible terrorist attack. Then of course the answer would most likely be : YES

While in both cases they sacrifice the same freedoms, rephrasing the poll question will alter the result of the poll dramatically.
edit on 0pmx00000021 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Laxus

I think comrade Putin needs to be reminded the 90's are over with. So is the soviet union.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Laxus

I think comrade Putin needs to be reminded the 90's are over with. So is the soviet union.

Another funny man. More funny than the dude I replied earlier.

You call Putin 'comrade'?
Megalomaniac. As you too participating in world politics as we speak. In that particular regard, you are nothing. A troll, just to remind you.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

you do understand that OSCE has UAVs supplied to them by russia?
it's not like a bunch of folks sitting at a checkpoint.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: jedi_hamster

He was not required to. Read the agreement. The head of the radar was and he did.

well, i just did.
www.theguardian.com...

not a word of confirmation of what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Laxus

Reputation means little nowadays. As long as the gas, oil, arms keeps coming people and governments will line up to buy those, this is undeniable facts. Reputation can be improved. Russians are happy with Putin's policies so far, who are the rest to tell them otherwise. Even those thickheaded in Washington starting to understand that the days of 90s are long gone and there is another voice on the table they will have to listen one way or another.

Regarding polls i would not trust them blindly after all there are many variables such as how many people where asked, what msn influence are they under, age group, ethnic background, etc. However the most important variable is: How was the question asked ?

For example if you ask someone:
-Would you like to sacrifice some of you freedoms and be under surveillance 24/7 to prevent possible future terrorist attacks ? Then the answer most like be : NO.
But if you rephrase that to :
-Would you like to sacrifice some of your freedoms in order to protect your family and children from a possible terrorist attack. Then of course the answer would most likely be : YES

While in both cases they sacrifice the same freedoms, rephrasing the poll question will alter the result of the poll dramatically.

Gas, oil and arms does not a modern economy make. It makes you a supplier like the Gulf States and Most of Africa. It also means that money tends to go into the hands of a very few. As the Russian economy shrinks and China continues to take Russias low end arms markets and the west its high end that part is going away. The death of Russia defense industry in the 90s has seen to that.

And if your curious about the methodology of the polling all that information is provided. You can also find global opinions on the US, Europe and China as well. And while Russia has alway lagged below the other great powers the drop it after Crimea was dramatic.

And last but, not least. Until the day comes again that people in Russia have a free press and internet we will have no idea what they really think about Putin. The people who publicly do not toe the line tend to end up broke, jailed, missing or dead.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

And last but, not least. Until the day comes again that people in Russia have a free press and internet we will have no idea what they really think about Putin. The people who publicly do not toe the line tend to end up broke, jailed, missing or dead.

And this is exactly why people in the west do not understand the Russians. You do not speak their language but you make assumptions on their behalf, you all think they are brainwashed in Putin propaganda of some sort. My mother is part Russian and we speak the language fluently. I can tell you this there is no other nation that criticizes Putin and Medvedev more than the Russians themselves if you ever read the forums and comments under Russian news. However when it comes to Putin foreign policies people just love him, because they well aware that he is a leader that unlike others in the west says and does what on his mind not whats has been written for him on a piece of papers by someone to say.

A lot of people here who never been to Russia or speak the language like to run their mouths like they are Russians experts. For people who speak the language and understand both sides of the coin this is irritating and laughable. I have been on this forum since 2004 but i rarely post simply because there is no point, this forums is full of self proclaimed experts.

Is this the free western internet you speak of ?
Veterans arrested for anti-Obama facebook posts

or maybe this freedom ?
Gov. arresting people for anti obama facebook posts

maybe this ?
The US Gov secretly, illegally and Uncostitutionally Spies on its Citizens.

No thank you, you can keep your freedoms and airborne democracy to yourselves.
edit on 0amxu45 by Laxus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

You must be a troll.

There are hundreds of kilometres borderline unchecked between Ukraine and Russia.
Why to use Red Cross corridors when obviously it will be the most spot watched?

Really a troll?

Do you even understand what I posted?

I said they wouldn't be using a border crossing that was being watched as they would cross where they had little chance of being seen...pay attention.

I mean, using reason becomes harder. Counter reason philosophy becomes its own science

And reading comprehension is a good thing...try using it sometime.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join