It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: zysin5

What we actually have here is a failure to communicate, no seriously in my opinion this is a situation where conspiracy breaks down we have so many angles here.. Are we to believe that al jezeera in its dislike for america set up a situation where they where targeted by american police! The outrage! No wait they are targeting all news stations this is an attack on freedom of press! The outrage! no they are targeting minoritys and there community peaceful protest! the outrage! what we really have here is a police force not trained properly to deal with these type of sensitive issues the lines of right and wrong are being infringed upon, we also have a cynical and pissed off american public ready to jump on any issue to show its outrage. This is a sad situation, hopefully its a means to an end.

Totally agree. I would add also that certain authorities are woefully behind the times wrt modern media comms. I know for a fact that many UK MP's are so ignorant of today's IT. There will be folks in the police (worldwide) who are also just as ignorant. This means they have no idea that almost everyone in the world can see what they are up to instantly if they want to. The police can no longer hide behind lies........ They can longer get away with big man syndrome (the fallback position of the badly trained or those who arrogantly ignore their training).

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cito

I hadn't seen that before. So..that's basically what started this whole thing. (sigh) NOW Governor Nixon's decision to pull St Louis County police makes perfect sense.

I don't mean the shooting. That's the obvious thing which needs no more comment. I mean afterward. That's the vigil people have talked about being interrupted by police, but I hadn't seen it start to finish. Good God..what could they have expected to have happen?

They didn't just interrupt it..they drove OVER the focus of the neighborhoods mourning, and parked over top of it, to blast them with sirens, hold AR-15's at the ready, and literally "bring in the dogs". Jesus.... America, where did you go??

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
FOX News cable...Sheppard Smith Reporting, the whole program is about the over reach and heavy handed tactics of the police last night. Eric Holder has even given the LEO grief about the military show, and stopping reporters from doing their jobs. Obama did too LOL

I hope Sheppard Smith's complete show is online later on vid. It's awesome in how it rakes the LEO over the coals. There are calls by Government officials to completely pull the county police off the investigation and crowd control.

Des
edit on 14-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
Now, if this wasn't a cop this never would have made the news.... because it's East St. Louis. Anyone who has ever been there knows you don't get caught in East St. Louis. You don't stop at stop lights, and you don't stop if someone stands in front of your car.

If it was any other place I'd have more compassion, but for a place that has such a bad reputation???

Ferguson, Missouri is not in East St. Louis. It's not in the same state, it's not on the same side of St. Louis geographically, and it's nowhere near the same in crime rate or any other statistics that give East St. Louis a bad reputation.

Ferguson, MO crime rate

East St. Louis, IL crime rate

East St. Louis is rated by Neighborhood Scout as the #1 most dangerous city in America. Ferguson is NOT in the top 100.

100 Most Dangerous Cities

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Folks keep saying it is not right to throw bottles at police. First of all, they are NOT police....no matter what is being presented to us...they are dressed like military, act like military and are armed like military....if it walks like a duck and talks like one...ya'll know the rest. That is the main objection from everyone right now. Folks say, "Well, they are throwing things at police"...so that gives the "authorities" the right to out gun people and come armed to the teeth, tanks, microwave, and sonic weapons and military sniper rifles. Then they fire into private homes that were not a part of the demonstration. By that logic....and it sounds VERY familiar, I guess that is why it is ok to use military might overseas where rocks and rusty old rockets are used and have actual missiles fired back and a 3 branch military service response...over kill again. If this sorta thing continues, we will have our own "Gaza" here.

The authorities at Ferguson are so militarized, who is to say they are not some new faction here, either under the guise of DHS or some other name, to provide Obummmer with the standing army state side that he has always dreamed of? Who knows who is really behind those helmets and face guards and wearing those military style duds. They may have a flack jacket on that says police but who knows.

The fact that reporters, cameras, media and some internet access are being denied gives one pause for thought right there. Instead of "Bring in the clowns" are they planning to bring in the drones or whatever next.

Of course we are hearing about actual police abuses and brutality too but this Ferguson thing...well, if we ever find out the truth, we may find it started out that way against one person and then turned into something more. I keep remembering that baby that got its face half burned off when a raid went wrong and got out of hand. There are some "good guys" around but the bad ones sure spoil things for everyone and these kinds of incidents do seem to be on the increase.

Still, a MILITARY presence on our streets is really troubling. When the citizenry is VERY out gunned, it is definitely time to worry. Rocks and bottles against tanks and snipers and microwave and sonic weapons...really?? Too much!
edit on 14-8-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I am pretty sure it is a crime to try and stop reporting those responsible should be arrested. People are starting to see the world we live in today for what it really is. In the name of security and safety we gave up liberty.

It seems the country is falling apart at the seems. This is the not the United States of America anymore.........Maybe we should rename it..........The Progressive collective of North America.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Wow. Just, wow. I wish I could be surprised by this.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I agree, well put. Thanks for the reply.
And thanks for keeping a level head in such a passionate topic here, and offering a well thought out reply.
So many points of views, and so many perspectives, you get it.
Thanks again

edit on 14-8-2014 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DestinyoneHi Des, Well good, I didn't read your post before I posted my latest dealy here but I am glad to hear that the over kill got noticed. Whether they are all cops and/or some kinda new military/cop combo...whatever and whoever they are, I am glad if they got called to task. I hope all that isn't for "show" though as this kinda stuff definitely has to stop.

I am always glad to see your input and thanx for all you do to keep us informned and updated on things and providing links and such. Much appreciated!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Thank you i respect all of you and appreciate this community beyond words. We must unite in some common form or another to drive our policy's and differences to a peaceful and loving place, thats all i have to say about that..

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Anonymous releases dispatch radio chatter from hacking

We are Anonymous.

These files compiled in this video contains audio of St. Louis police dispatch from the date of August 9th 2014, the day Mike Brown was murdered by a Ferguson PD officer. We have released these tapes to the public so as they are able to get a sense of the atmosphere the moments before and the hours after Mike Brown was shot.

These raw audio files have been compiled and long quiet moments have been cut down. Time stamps are available within the video.

Soundcloud: soundcloud.com...

Incident begins at around noon..(9:08 time stamp)

ST. LOUIS COUNTY POLICE DISPATCH AUDIO TAPES, AUGUST 9TH 2014 11:05 AM - 6:05 PM, INCIDENT IS REPORTED AS "CROWD CONTROL PROBLEM" AT 12:05PM, NO SHOOTING MENTIONED UNTIL IT IS CALLED IN TO DISPATCH BY WITNESS. FERGUSON PD DENIES IT KNEW ANYTHING AT THAT TIME. NO EMS WAS CALLED.

EXCERPTS:

9:35: "Ferguson is asking for assistance with crowd control . . ."

10:58: "Now they have a large group gathering there, she doesn't know any further. . ."

11:20: "We just got another call stating it was an officer-involved shooting . . ."

11:30: "Be advised, this information came from the news . . ."

11:55: "We're just getting information from the news and we just called Ferguson back again and they don't know anything about it . . ."

20:00: ". . .destruction of property . . ."

21:55: "They are requesting more cars. Do you want me to send more of your cars?"

43:55: "Attention all cars, be advised that in reference to the call 2947 Canfield Drive, we are switching over to the riot channel at this time . . ."
edit on 8/14/2014 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

That IS a good question. One that I have previously said needs addressed. Who are these militarized riot officers? What are their names?

I sincerely believe that if the officers names are made public (which they should be considering our taxes are paying their salaries, they are "public servants") that they could be held publicly accountable for their actions. And be asked questions by both media and public alike such as:

"Why did you fire rubber bullets at Americans?"
"Are your kids and family proud of you for firing tear gas at reporters and journalists?"

Instead we have allowed them to hide anonymously behind badges. Individual public accountability is what is needed.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am not sure of this has been posted.

John Lewis Calls On Obama To Declare Martial Law In Ferguson,

link

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

I hadn't seen that before. So..that's basically what started this whole thing. (sigh) NOW Governor Nixon's decision to pull St Louis County police makes perfect sense.

I don't mean the shooting. That's the obvious thing which needs no more comment. I mean afterward. That's the vigil people have talked about being interrupted by police, but I hadn't seen it start to finish. Good God..what could they have expected to have happen?

They didn't just interrupt it..they drove OVER the focus of the neighborhoods mourning, and parked over top of it, to blast them with sirens, hold AR-15's at the ready, and literally "bring in the dogs". Jesus.... America, where did you go??

It's an utter disgrace really...people can only stand so much and these police had zero tact and acted appallingly

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn
I am not sure of this has been posted.

John Lewis Calls On Obama To Declare Martial Law In Ferguson,

link

This tid bit got my attention.

“President Obama should use the authority of his office to declare martial law,” he continued. “Federalize the Missouri National Guard to protect people as they protest.”

What the absolute F...?! That is NOT what martial law is for

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut
now that would be interesting...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I will admit, I honestly didn't understand the deep rage I was seeing in those people, before watching that. I've been attributing it to the deep lines of race based tensions and rage running back a century or more and specific to the St Louis region's background.

I wouldn't have believed those cops could have been that.......near suicidal..is the term which comes to mind. What does that squad do for fun? Go kick dirt at criminal's funerals? I mean..this was in the middle of BIG apartment complexes, as can clearly be seen. A population center unto itself, among a dense city..and a % out mourning what they believed was a police shooting without cause. That's one hell of a time to decide a show of force and curfew (or whatever) enforcement is overdue.

Would it be fair to assume..the Sunday night rioting began AFTER that altercation with the whole neighborhood at once? They had seemed calm until that.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
These past few years it's been like watching America being invaded in slow motion and we're now watching an occupation. It's like people with aggresive dogs it's only a matter of time until it turn on it's owner.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIcHi and so true. It is one thing to "protect and serve" and quite another to come at the citizenry as if getting ready to start WW3 on these shores. I NEVER feel comfortable when I see this "over kill" and out gunned kinda scenario played out...whether here or abroad. When the common folk are that out gunned, it is a real recipe for trouble and tragedy and such.

Those "authorities" do not realize that any donated used military weapons like tanks and other types of vehicles are contaminated with Depleted Uranium and that does not wash off. They put themselves and the general population at risk over time by using these kinds of "toys" and being so gleeful about it. It may take time but DU problems can add up. It gets in through skin contact, (on clothes even), ingestion and breathing it in. Maybe only the contact part applies but still...Thanx for your response. Always good to "see" someone who "gets it".

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: discordantone

It just blows my mind that people are even remotely alright with a mounted machine gun being pointed at citizens conducting a peaceful protest.

Right. I honestly feel that we, as a society, are becoming entirely too desensitized. This new generation will think of this as the norm (The ones who aren't aware).

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join