It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Police have become a occupying army!
they have forgoten that they are people too?

some thing like this,
will start the revoltion.

Stupid thing is,
they are ALL supost to be working FOR the people!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

He also said I have "executive ord." and changed it to "executive action"

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Actually, security of the city of Ferguson has been assigned to the State Patrol and Capt. Ronald S. Johnson, to be specific.

Nixon addressed questions from the press at the University of Missouri-St. Louis after touring areas of Ferguson. He was flanked by Johnson, St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley and St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay.

Johnson pledged to protect Ferguson while allowing protesters and marchers to have their say. He said he wants to rebuild trust and respect in the community.

"I grew up here and this is clearly my community and my home. Therefore, this means a lot to me personally," he said. "I understand the anger and fear that the citizens of Ferguson are feeling, and I understand and respect both of those."
Source

That's from within the last hour and I'd say the Captain took personal responsibility for the job he's been handed. Some of this stuff is taken seriously in Missouri. As serious as there are problems like have shown themselves here....Missouri has good people around and in Uniform, in some cases. The gov. made a good choice for who is running this on the local level, in my opinion. At least everyone now has a specific "who" to know.

We'll see what happens....but the Mo-State Patrol is a professional agency. That's my opinion.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This escalated quickly. The police have now muffed up by placing that sort of heavily armed unit there. You have an entire city full of pissed off and irritated Americans, many of which are living under the expectations of poverty. What do you think is going to happen when a bunch of them decide they have nothing left to lose and go at it? The police are just going to mow them down with a HMG on a tri-pod?

Our forefathers are turning over in their graves.

Who knows, we may look back on this moment later down the line and recognize it as the match that lit the tinderbox.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki
To clarify for you, They're using tripod mounted sniper platforms not HMG's
I'm not sure if they even have automatic weapons

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Of course. peace and safety is paramount in any situation like this, and since the PD was removed, it is now up to the protesters to ensure that.

What everyone needs to keep an eye on is the free flow of information out of the area, more so than the protest themselves. With attribution to the idea that everyone wants to "look forward" that means there should be no more suppression of reporters, as that would further be illegal.

Obama said something along the lines of 'Reporters should not be arrested if they're only trying to do their jobs' and while that is true, there isn't a single situation where a reporter should be arrested, under ANY circumstances, unless they break the law. Freedom of Press is not against the law, it is the law.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

This unConstitutional police dept. is now part of the HHS, Homeland Security...This is Obama's new civilian police force...The hope and change Obama was referring to...The irony is that all of these protesters support Obama...

All I can say to those protesters is, 'Are you sorry you voted for Obama yet'???

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

Well that must be a really interesting contrast. It really is quite remarkable how the same event could almost be two separate events depending on the footage displayed. The interesting part is the looting and burned out businesses. If it's a convenience store that they are showing looting and burned footage of, that footage was from Sunday night. The QuickTrip was the only business to be burned. Others suffered some looting and broken windows according to local media. It's not the first time that Fox has been caught using older footage and presenting it as new. It's why I really don't trust them as a source personally.

www.ksdk.com...

The reason why they split the screen is to basically make the guy standing at a podium or what have you and what they are speaking have more impact. And to add "context" behind why he is saying it. I agree, it's pretty sketchy to do (as you noticed, it can really affect point of view).

I really wish we had the old dry news channels of old again.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So last time they held a "peaceful protest" it turned into destruction and murder...why wouldn't they take every step to not let that happen again? I don't see anyone being prevented from protesting at the agreed upon location.

Edit: as far as the hastags go people got to the point they were hashtagging pictures completely unrelated for views as well as pictures of riots not from Ferguson. It never got shut down for me though.

edit on 14-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
"No Justice, No Peace"

This slogan for the protests bother me.

Why would a PEACEful protest have a slogan that includes "No Peace!"???

I think a lot of things have gone wrong in the past few days...and one of them is the direction these protestors have decided to take their message. "No Justice, No Peace!" is a threatening message...chanting "This is a warcry" is not a message of peace. Rioting and looting does not help your image of "peaceful protest". Throwing bottles and having molotove cocktails is not peaceful.

Now, some will say that it isn't everyone doing these things...but they are being done right in the middle of these protests..so why don't the "peaceful" protestors distance themselves from those doing these things, ask them to stop, or turn them into the police???

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

sadly racial divides and us and them mentality's, keep us from uniting to actually make a change that is the real conspiracy
edit on 14-8-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Do you see the people of Ferguson turning on these people throwing bottles or molotoves and turning them into police?

Do you see the good cops turning on the bad cops?
edit on 14-8-2014 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
"No Justice, No Peace"

This slogan for the protests bother me.

Why would a PEACEful protest have a slogan that includes "No Peace!"???

I think a lot of things have gone wrong in the past few days...and one of them is the direction these protestors have decided to take their message. "No Justice, No Peace!" is a threatening message...chanting "This is a warcry" is not a message of peace. Rioting and looting does not help your image of "peaceful protest". Throwing bottles and having molotove cocktails is not peaceful.

Now, some will say that it isn't everyone doing these things...but they are being done right in the middle of these protests..so why don't the "peaceful" protestors distance themselves from those doing these things, ask them to stop, or turn them into the police???

Peace can be defined as the absence of hostilities or war (and peace reigned around the world) as well as freedom of disagreements and quarreling (make your peace) or even just simply meaning "quiet". If peaceful protesters are chanting "No Justice, No Peace", then instead of it being seen as a hypocritical statement, it could be alternatively construed as "we're not going to be quiet and we're going to keep making noise until there is justice".

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Not all peace is about war and hostilities. As far as the looting thing goes, that was Sunday. I haven't seen a single report of looting happening on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights. There's always bad apples and who is to say that those peaceful protesters were even in the vicinity of the looting?

Throwing tear gas canisters and shooting rubber bullets, bean bag rounds and wooden pellets isn't exactly peaceful either. Nor is coming in looking more prepared for a war in a foreign country than a protest in the USA.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
So last time they held a "peaceful protest" it turned into destruction and murder...why wouldn't they take every step to not let that happen again? I don't see anyone being prevented from protesting at the agreed upon location.

Edit: as far as the hastags go people got to the point they were hashtagging pictures completely unrelated for views as well as pictures of riots not from Ferguson. It never got shut down for me though.

The protest that got declared a nonpeaceful protest outside of the Ferguson Police Department last night was peaceful as can be according to Yamiche Alcindor of USA Today. According to Yamiche, 4 tanks and 60-100 SWAT were used to order that protest of maybe 12-20 people out.

Out of curiosity, what news channel are you watching?
edit on 14/8/14 by WhiteAlice because: i am my own grammar nazi.

link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I agree. Plus, I thought the Ferguson PD couldn't afford dash cams and body cams or just don't have them.

Maybe I heard wrong however, they got some expensive military equipment

link   
a reply to: kruphix

I believe the sentiment behind the slogan is that without justice, there will be no peace.

Additionally, although I don't particularly advocate rioting or violence, I believe these words to be true-

Let the riot be the rhyme of the unheard

-Rage Against the Machine

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

I agree. Plus, I thought the Ferguson PD couldn't afford dash cams and body cams or just don't have them.

Priorities, keeping cops accountable apparently is not one in this PD.
But having the latest and greatest gear to quell the citizens of course is

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The Headline says 'Gov Nixon and Obama address the Ferguson People.' Obama has been talking about the people in Iraq stuck on a mountain... for 10 minutes! Mister... You are the POTUS (President of the UNITED STATES) Address OUR issues, before you start filling us in on world events!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

Even poor Russians have dash cams

And with the military equipment, it's like they knew what was going to go down

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Thanks for that. The news here kept referring to it as East St. Louis.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join