It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army in Ferguson tonight! Sporadic Twitter/Facebook censoring of #Ferguson hashtag

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good Vibes

m.youtube.com...

Good vibes We're bringing only good vibes People walking around talking down on others You can't know yourself without knowing about the other And I know That ain't the right way to go

I've got a hunch that we don't want to diss Let's move away from hate and prejudice The racist man yeah he's full of it Let's learn about the culture opposite

Don't judge a book by the cover People take a look at the world and discover That beauty is the word that I think of when I see the different colors of skin And I'll rejoice and sing for them

The hatred keeps building up The tension keeps on building up The hatred keeps building up The racism is killing us

When we come around Try to keep compassion on the ground Feel a sense of freedom with crowd Connecting people with the sound

Well it's a choice to be grateful People focus on the enemy that's hateful The daily news has got a picture of a man, they say I'm supposed to hate So great, just another stereotype to make

Too many times that I've seen the wrong signs Back up with your hatred in life Cause we're bringing only good vibes Bringing only good vibes

Too many times that I've seen the wrong signs Empty out the hatred in life We're bringing only good vibes

-Rebelution-
edit on 14-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

And "they" were bringing a military presence to an, up until that point, peaceful assembly.

Do you know what that is?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
from the unlawful response of a section of the community members,
the neighborhood appears to be a boil, pimple or
pustule of infection and a festering fetid putrid anti police mentality,
that is totally unable to police themselves or to show
any restraint or self discipline or control over their emotions.

Here's some figures for you to chew on.

The population of blacks in Ferguson represents about 63% of the population.
The population of whites in Ferguson represents about 33% of the population.

The number of traffic stops of black drivers in Ferguson in 2013 was 4632.
The number of traffic stops of white drivers in Ferguson in 2013 was 686.

This is where the 86% of all traffic stops are black drivers comes in. 12% of all traffic stops are white drivers.

10% of traffic stops resulted in an arrest for a black driver in Ferguson.
20% of traffic stops resulted in an arrest for a white driver in Ferguson.

Now that's interesting. The arrest rate for white drivers is actually double the arrest rate for black drivers and yet, in a city whose demographic of black to white is 63 to 33, those black drivers have a 50% lower arrest rate and yet also represent 86% of all traffic stops in the town of Ferguson by their 94% white police department.

Now I get why they call the offense "driving while black".

92% of traffic stops resulted in a citation for a black driver in Ferguson
87% of traffic stops resulted in a citation for a white driver in Ferguson.

Looks like, regardless of what color one is, you're still likely to get a ticket for whatever.

Source for all figures: ago.mo.gov...

Festering putrid boil of anti-police. Maybe. Or, alternatively, they could be tired of being harassed on the roads and when an 18 year old unarmed young man got shot, said enough was enough. I don't agree with looting but I don't see the people living in Ferguson having a whole lot of choice for not protesting what occurred. What should they have done? Absolutely nothing and by doing nothing and saying nothing say "it's not only okay to pull us over more but you can shoot our teenagers, too"?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is some very hopeful information coming out on this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone
Good idea, let us know. If they are lieing about not having dash cams, that is not good at all.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

You can't bring facts into the discussion! He's getting his hate on!
Seriously - great post!

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The president is about to speak on Ferguson

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

People are tweeting this morning that they're finding several spent casings like this one.

It's known as a Super-Sock. Termed as "Less-Lethal," not non-lethal.

edit on 14-8-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

How ugly can those in charge of us get? To use that type of ammunition on a couple of hundred protesters is criminal.

Senators are calling for the demilitarization of Ferguson, and the St. County Police are being pulled out of the area by the Governor.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
a reply to: WhiteAlice

they were throwing molotov coctails last night

do you know what that is?

Got some footage of that? Even if you do, I'd guess that they were angry people who had a police force that looked convincingly like soldiers move in on them with rubber bullets, tear gas, wooden pellet loads that even the LAPD don't use anymore because of the injuries they cause and more.

You ever see what happened in Greece?
scrapetv.com...

Could've been a whole lot worse honestly.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Its official guys, protesting peacefully is more dangerous than looting

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

With the exception of rubber bullets, the other less lethal rounds are way too severe.
injuries range from death to soft organ injury (liver and such). These rounds are actually nastier than live ammunition

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

That's the footage of the Al-Jazheera news crew being tear gassed that was filmed by KSDK News Channel 5. The really interesting part about that little video is the first thing the cameraman says after watching the teargas canister get lobbed at the Al-Jazheera crew.

"See? They're getting it, too."

What we can't see is that Al-Jazheera also had rubber bullets shot in their direction but even CNN has reported on that bit, too. I guess it's a bad idea to target journalists when CNN will actually cover this.

Elsewhere in the area on Wednesday evening, a number of reporters said they were doused with tear gas when authorities tried to disperse crowds. Ash-Har Quraishi, a correspondent for Al Jazeera America who previously worked for CNN, said his crew was in a place "we believed to be safe" when people started running toward them.

"Rubber bullets were fired on us, and then a canister," he said. "We had to retreat into the neighborhood."

www.cnn.com...

I'm not down with our Press getting shot at by rubber bullets, tear gassed, assaulted and/or arrested for that matter either. That was totally out of line and is backfiring on them today. I have little doubt that the reason why the St. Louis PD is being pulled out today by the Governor is due to the unfavorable press as a result.

I also want to comment that I thought the tactic of bring in a neighboring police department has not worked out so well in the past. The police departments that were brought in to "handle" the anti-police brutality protest after the brutal Occupy eviction in Oakland were also neighboring police departments and it was pretty darn bad as well along with the same phenomena of covering up names/ids. While I can see why they would bring in an outside force to handle such a problem, it also opens the door for the substantial abuse of power as identification of abusing police officers is that much harder.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
I wonder if the constitution loving militia crowd will arrive on scene.
Seems like just as good a reason as anything else.
Provide armed support for the protesters to ensure the cops don't start abusing them

I'm sure I will get flamed for this but this isn't the cause those gun loving militias show up for.
Well maybe if it was a different community doing it, if you catch my drift.

Why would a militia want to get involved and defend people who are trashing their neighborhood?
Firepiston

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No I'm jumping on the band wagon to quell Tyranical Government in my country. I'm sideing with my fellow citizens, I called you a racist for sure......but you wrote it down all over this thread. What was it you said again? " I'll be working armed to the gills, as I'm working while white." Yea your a racist. Why don't you back up YOUR assumption of the events that got an 18 yr old shot and killed. Maybe with some FACTS. Your not Denying Ignorance.....your embracing it and spreading it around like it's fertilizer. Hope you have a great day "working while white".a reply to: Bone75

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

Because not everyone was destroying their community
and they were clearly having their constitutional rights trampled

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

Oh I don't know, maybe to protect them from the pseudo-army that essentially incited the rioting to begin with?

The police/faux-military response to the peaceful protest was like using an a-bomb in your house to kill a cockroach.

Completely, totally, overkill.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Well put!

Glad someone said it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

These rounds are actually nastier than live ammunition

Oh come on...no they are not.

That is just a silly statement...would you rather get shot with a rubber bullet or a live round?

I'll take the rubber bullet in any part of my body every single time.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I said "with the exception of rubber bullets" no, those sting but they aren't that bad.
those other less lethal rounds will maim you.
yes, i would rather be shot by an actual bullet than by, lets say, a wooden plug or a super sock.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join