It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News of Robin Williams' Suicide Emerged During Family Guy Robin Williams Failed Suicide Attempt Epi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
ETA full title: "News of Robin Williams' Suicide Emerged During Family Guy Robin Williams Failed Suicide Attempt Episode"

This thread is based on a YouTube video published August 12, 2014, by Paul Joseph Watson, that is posted on Infowars.com.

www.infowars.com...

From the Description:

In a bizarre coincidence, a Family Guy episode featuring Robin Williams which included a failed suicide attempt aired minutes before the announcement of the actor's death.

It's interesting to ponder whether such synchronicities are meaningful and emerge from the collective unconscious, as Carl Jung postulated, or whether they are just random coincidences.

www.youtube.com...

Although this event is a fictional failed incident and a real incident, I'm still reminded of the 9/11 incident when the BBC broadcasted news of Building 7 collapsing before the collapse took place.

edit on 08/13/14 by Mary Rose because: Title was cut off.

edit on 08/13/14 by Mary Rose because: Add link

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

Is it possible Robin knew it would be airing and in some twisted reasoning decided to time his suicide to it?

I mean the man did decide when to take his own life, either that or it was just a strange coincidence.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well, he didn't fail, so the connection is weak.

I'll go with coincidence as hundreds of channels have Family guy on the program, this was just the one shown on this channel.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If this episode was premiered that day then I would find it a lot more weird. Considering that it was a rerun and those air quite frequently... I'd have to go with just mere coincidence on this one. Interesting nonetheless.
edit on 8/13/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
family guy was aired a few hours before news of robin's suicide broke. it's a terrible and horrible coincidence.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Maybe he'd seen the series and decided to end his life when that episode aired. In a lot of TV guides they write a brief description of the episode available up aweek in advance..... He could have read it and it may have put those thought in his head....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Robin dying is the tragedy here.

The fact that some thing some where happened to reference it is in sequential.

RIP Robin, you did get on my nerves some times but you made me laugh far more often and i will miss you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If Robin Williams has been the target of mind control, it is possible that the episode served as a trigger.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Except the Robin Williams character did not try to commit suicide, Peter Griffin (Seth McFarlane) did.

And frankly, given the popularity of Family Guy, there are multiple episodes being shown world wide at any given time.

Giggity.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Regarding the episode:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Regarding another Family Guy episode and synchronicity:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's an old episode. Just a coincidence IMO.

Around the World there are probably Dozens of older episodes in re-run right this very minute.

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

What actual difference does it make that it was a rerun?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Bizarrely enough, I'd just finished watching the episode when I became aware of the news via Social Media. I sat there stunned for a good half hour - talk about mind blown!

By all accounts the scheduling was finalised 2 weeks ago. The rerun scheduled for Friday has been cancelled:

The Independent
edit on 13/8/14 by lizziejayne because: Typo

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A screenshot:

I don't see the difference between the original airing and the rerun.

If Willams was the target of mind control, the trigger could have been implanted in the time frame in between the two.

I guess he would have had to be watching the rerun, in order for the trigger to activate him.

We also need to know whether or not he was taking SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) pills, which are known to cause suicide:

Warning labels included with these pills state that they can lead to suicide, yet the mainstream media under-reports this glaring fact.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Again, he was not the one attempting suicide in the episode. Why would it matter?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
... Didn't the episode (rerun) air many hours AFTER he died...? Yes.... I do believe it did... Rather difficult for said episode to influence the outcome when, at that point, he's been dead for several hours.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 001ggg100
Good point. He had actually killed himself the night before.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 001ggg100

That's a good point and it makes sense.

The news would be the synchronicity not the suicide.

Here is the Independent article that Paul Joseph Watson referenced:

Robin Williams: Family Guy suicide attempt episode airs on BBC Three as news of actor's death breaks

BBC Three viewers were shocked by an "uncanny coincidence" last night when news of Robin Williams' apparent suicide came in just as a Family Guy episode centring around Robin Williams and a failed suicide attempt finished.

The episode 'Fatman and Robin' sees Peter Griffin cursed with the ability to turn everything he touches into Robin Williams after he accuses God of hating the Mrs. Doubtfire actor during a thunderstorm.

Driven to madness like King Midas, the curse leads Peter to try and commit suicide.

The cartoon ended just minutes before the world learned that Williams had died at his northern California home, with Marin County Sheriff's Office saying that it suspected the death was a suicide due to asphyxia.

Viewers were quick to express how "weird" they found the chilling coincidence on Twitter, with the BBC announcing it will not be repeating the episode this week. . . .

edit on 08/13/14 by Mary Rose because: Fix link

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So, we have two strange Family Guy synchronicities, this one and:

originally posted by: Mary Rose
Regarding another Family Guy episode and synchronicity:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join