It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThefarmerI feel bad for these folks even if they are looters or not this is just over kill

So a angry mob of violent people who can't seem to control themselves is attacking stores and threatening the owners with physical violence and your reaction is "I feel bad for them"? That is another example of the problems we have here. What exactly does one of these punks have to do before they are condemed for their choices, their actions and their violence?

Or do we simply wait until they kill someone and THEN react?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Where did that come from...

Des

The African American argument posted by Tetra, using words like predominately ....... because a community is NOW predominately one creed means the natives should obey or follow the rules of the PREDOMINATE. In my case that means i should follow Sharia and the Council should disband and Muslims be elected as they are now the PREDOMINATE majority..... nah, i dont think so

Oh God, help me. I only recently got brave enough to speak on these friggin forums…..and then here you are….

No, the "argument" I posed, doesn't mean that at all, really. It just describes the situation, and the "awry" that comes of it, usually, but not PREDOMINANTLY. IT absolutely DOES NOT MEAN that the natie SHOULD OBEY or follow the RULES OF the PREDOMINATE.

What it does mean, is that usually this situation erupts in what we've seen tonight. There's a huge friggin difference in what I'm describing and what you are ascribing. Look up the difference between those words: describe and ascribe. I think that may clarify what you are attributing to me, currently, and I don't really appreciate it.

And this is why I shut the frig up for more than a year.
thanks so much, you and sharia ai law.
tet

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Simple answer, don't use a race card

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Simple answer, don't use a race card

please explain?
where is my race card? I have only described the real situation at hand……
if you wish to punish me for that, and make extrapolations which are beyond logical, at best, this is your business, and not mine.
Don't apply cards to where there is no game present.
tetra

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No, not a banana but not militarized gear either, there is a medium there.
They are not responding to an invading army, they are responding to pissed off citizens
You know, the ones they serve and protect?

Yeah...but they are acting like an invading army attacking stores, store owners and threatening the whole community. What are you looking for? A cop to walk up to a screaming, man holding a brick and carrying a stolen TV and say "Excuse me sir...would you mind putting that back"? It is the actions of this mob that is prompting the appropriate response by police outfitted to deal with a mob while protecting themselves. By the way...we pay them to do this and to maintain the peace. It is the crowd that is acting and causing the reaction. If they weren't looting...there would be no reason for the response. Blame the disease, not the symptom.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

"I think it's a case of what I described previously in the thread: you have a predominantly african american community now, which in the last twenty years has changed. Ferguson used to be a predominantly upper class white community.
It's changed a great deal, and quickly. The city council has remained predominantly white, and therefore, not representative of the populus."

My apologies, i took your statement as defensive rather than constructive, now i have re-read, which i probably should have done before replying, i see where you are coming from. Hands Up

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well if you want a police force like in the UK then it is very simple what you have to do and ban all guns from homes and personal use(If you want to play with guns then you need to goto a shooting club where guns are kept but secure in a vault). Otherwise stop complaining that the police are too tooled up.
In the UK we do have a police state you can see this when they deal with protesters. Now that is overkill

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Where did that come from...

Des

The African American argument posted by Tetra, using words like predominately ....... because a community is NOW predominately one creed means the natives should obey or follow the rules of the PREDOMINATE. In my case that means i should follow Sharia and the Council should disband and Muslims be elected as they are now the PREDOMINATE majority..... nah, i dont think so

Except sharia law violates not only a number of other laws, but also your constitutional rights.

Black representatives in a black area are not trying to take away your rights, blacks being elected/appointed doesn't mean all of the sudden you will be forced to attend black pride rallies and donate money to the Nation of Islam.

You're comparison is just foolish.

Sorry Tetra, I know you can handle yourself, I just have a hard time biting my tongue.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982
apologies to you too

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Nope she didn't say that at all. She is giving you the cultural background of a community. How it got to where it is now.

YOU are the one making what she said, something different.

ETA: I see you went back and reread what Tetra was saying.

Good, can we all be friends now...

Des

edit on 13-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm just pissed at the over-reaction here at ATS. Maybe the original cop screwed up...maybe the kid was trying to take his gun. I don't know. But here is where we are:

The police have to keep the peace and deal with a mob of (from what I can see) mostly black people robbing and looting stores and threatening the owners. Their response is to break a window, steal a cool TV and run home threatening anyone they have to in the process.

In my community (mostly white), had this same thing occurred...we would be peacefully protesting, calling our community leaders, filing lawsuits and demanding an investigation to find out what really happened. We would not be attacking one another.

Someone above said something about not using "the race card". No problem! But facts are facts. Some groups care about fixing the problem...others seem to use the excuse of the problem to steal from others and damage their own community.

The police NEED to protect the rest of the community and themselves while doing so. They have never been dressed like this, nor pointed weapons like this here...where I live. Not because they are black and we are white...but because of how they are reacting, versus how we would react.

So yeah...don't pull the race card, but don't deny the facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
apologies to anyone on this thread i may have offended, they were in the heat of the moment comments and i should have re-read before making any statement, lesson learned for me
edit on 2014-08-13T04:03:46-05:002014Wed, 13 Aug 2014 04:03:46 -0500bWednesday0308America/Chicago144 by corblimeyguvnor because: no reason

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: BanTv

Hardly. That is a poorly trained LEO's bread and butter. Instead of giving chase they fire their weapon out of pure rage and laziness.

I have seem a video of a cop gunning a man down as he descended a staircase in an attempt to escape. The cop was at least 25 ft away and shot him in in the back. Then the man was filmed at the bottom of the staircase bleeding out for about 6 minutes before a single cop even made it down there.

It was on a boardwalk somewhere - I am sure some members know the video in question.

It happens. Enjoy your ignorance.

Cute. No one here knows what happened, it's all assumptions. We are all ignorant, are we not? Or were you there?

Don't assume I blindly trust the cops version of events either. I've been here lurking for almost 10 years, I completely understand the distrust of law enforcement and the horrible things many of them have done.

As far as I'm concerned, if he was shot dead for running, the officer deserves the same treatment. What's disgusting though is how some of you support the looting, as if that's even remotely an appropriate response. How about burning down the police station? Shooting at cops? Anything....anything other than robbing stores for Jordans.

What's truly ignorant though is assuming we know what happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Sounds like both sides are lying to me. Interesting info, thanks.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
geez. a city is rioting and looting and the police don their riot gear, so someone turns it around and dubs it "combat gear" and claims it is unfair. how about we take the nice police away and let the city's citizens fend for themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Nope she didn't say that at all. She is giving you the cultural background of a community. How it got to where it is now.

YOU are the one making what she said, something different.

ETA: I see you went back and reread what Tetra was saying.

Good, can we all be friends now...

Des

yes, i am all for being friends now, please.
i meant nothing more than Des described.
thanks
tet

eta: may this situation somehow be better with the light of day…..i think we can all agree as to that.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I think the American police need this gear..

Just look at the cop in the front...!! He's rounder than a Soccer ball and would probably have a heart attack if he tried to chase down a perp on foot...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

In my community (mostly white), had this same thing occurred...we would be peacefully protesting, calling our community leaders, filing lawsuits and demanding an investigation to find out what really happened. We would not be attacking one another.

I see where you are coming from, and i agree there is probably a better way to handle this. The problem i see is that doing it the "right" way with protests, calling/writing community leaders and politicians does virtually nothing. Lawsuits require money, which is not readily available in most of the communities that are being hit the hardest with the oppressive police and general injustice.

I wish i had a better solution, but at this point acting out and making a scene is the only way to get anybody to take a serious look at the problems facing these types of communities. Doing it the "right" way will never lead to anything other than a passing glance from those that have the power to make it right.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Ok, time for some facts. I know how much ATS loves facts, and I am certain, being this late into the thread, anyone will even care. The flames have been lit.

The PD called in enforcements due to what was felt to he credible threats posted on FB, to attack a mall,among other places. Many, many stores have been looted and robbed since day one. The burglaries have continued, unabated. Look at the link below, lots of pics of the real damage that has been done.

The name of the cop released by Anon was the wrong person. Not only that, he was from the wrong PD! Now, everyone knows, "anyone can be anon". My goodness, shouldn't that be taken with a grain of salt?! Not only that, but now, overnight, they have released the identity of EVERY police officer. You do know this likely could have been gleaned off their website? No hacking likely took place.

Overnight, there were many, many reporters, journalists, and others, inside the area, updating real-time, what was going on. I believe them over Anon, over the hyperbole, and not only that, I believe the pics and videos they have been posting all night, too. They WERE in a war zone, and for anyone calling this peaceful, you are either uninformed, or lying.

Along with credible threats of a flash mob from FB, the police state a LOT of people have been coming in from other locales, and taking advantage of the situation. I can attest to this, as I was listening to a scanner all night. I heard alleged criminals called in from Texas, all over. There are people ascending on this area, looking for free loot.

Also on twitter, it was abuzz all day yesterday about how they needed to stop messing up their neighborhood, and "may as well go loot white folks, if we gon loot at all", which evolved into essentially, "We are coming for the rich whiteys tonight!"

What was happening overnight was akin to a game of "catch me if you can", with groups of roaming gangs in ski masks, splintering off into smaller groups, and attacking people on the streets, as well as breaking into stores. Add to the mix, some guy named "Mario", calling in false tips about a white van to the cops, to send them scattering. Eventually, the cops caught on, and quit responding.

There was a drive-by shooting where a young girl was shot in the head. She will live, thankfully.

There was another officer involved shooting NW of Ferguson, where several men in ski masks were apparently caught in the preparation of, or in the midst of, committing a crime. One of them pointed his gun at the cop, while the rest fled. He is in the hospital, and his gun was retreived at the scene.

Among all of this, the police were only trying to break up these roving gangs of 40-50, and send them home. This was at 1:00 am. Was it reasonable to be proclaiming to be peacefully protesting at 1:00am, when all the others had gone home? Some in black ski masks?

Let's get real here. As I listened to my scanner, people were on with life, or trying desperately to.

There were medical emergencies where critically sick people could not be gotten to, nor transported properly. Other, non-related events that police were hampered in getting to.

Is this ok with any of you?

No ONE time, not once, has ANY article spoken of the race of this cop. You, and I, all of us, we all know when this happens, it is almost always because the person they are avoiding identifying, is black.

Not saying this is the case, BUT, I am saying, no one knows!

What if, after all of this, the cop is black? Some of you, trying to make this about race, are going to feel rather ashamed.

Lastly, what matters here is that the cop, whether guilty or not, should not have to fear for his life. He is being Zimmermaned, the exact same playbook is being used, from "he was an innocent kid on the way home from the store" to the divorced parents being presented as a "family unit", and "he was visiting his grandma for the summer". No, he was living with her, just like Trayvon was not living with his mom.

I fully expect to see all the same players, taking the same sides, as in the Trayvon incident. But, didn't you learn ANYTHING from that?

Does it matter that the New Black Panthers, Al Sharpton, et al, are already there? They are using the EXACT same meme! The Black Greivance Industry is in full swing, and the money mongers are down there, with their hands out. Again. How many millions will this cost US, the taxpayers, IF this cop really WAS attacked? The point is, none of you know.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Hello? Is anyone paying attention?

If you want a real play by play, check out this link. It was done by 6, I believe, verified redditors, with boots on the ground, they verified most tips, and actual journalists. It is a compendium of scanners, tips, and twitters, all from the area.

www.reddit.com...

It is 3 days. For the facts.

edit on 13-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: USNVP4038

If the police were out of the picture in the first place Michael Brown would still be alive.

Sometimes you have to meet violence with violence if you want to be heard.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join