It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dressed for war- ferguson police

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
umm yeah. we're all paying attention. the thing we all have in common is: WE CARE. We aren't trying to make it about race. Perhaps you should re-read the thread. I read and wrote the whole time, and NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE was really trying to make it about race. Everyone was trying to figure OUT WHAT WAS GOING ON……

Having said that, thanks so much for your information. It's needed. What isn't needed is all that judgement.
You're right, you know, and the fact we were paying attention was a testament to our caring about wtf is going on. How dare you judge people otherwise, i wonder…..?

You are so better than the rest of us, wanting to know what is happening? Really? Wanna contest about who cares more, or the right way, or whatever? that's how stupid that whole hyperbole is, really. Oh, and btw, discussing the race of respondents involved does not mean we are being racist. How the frig do you discuss this issue without someone coming up with accusing you of being racist, for God's sake. Let's be real.

I appreciate, truly, your information, but i can do without the judgement attendant, thanks. Perhaps you lost your way, and thought you were on the Isis beheads Christian Children thread….hmmmm? Sorry, but I stopped posting here for more than a year because folks like you had a way of extrapolating caring and laying out FACTS as being totally defensive and offensive, when nothing like that was ever meant.
tetra
edit on 13-8-2014 by tetra50 because: clarity

edit on 13-8-2014 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

What do you suggest the community should do?
How many people should die before the community stands up and takes action?

Sure there are people who will take advantage of the chaos. This is something that has always happened through the course of humanity, and will always happen well in to the future.

The race of the officer does not matter, the race of Michael Brown does not matter. What does matter is that people in his community witnessed him getting shot to death by the people that are supposed to protect them. They witnessed a person they are supposed to be able to trust murder a young man in their community.

I don't know how the community could have reacted any differently and got the attention they are getting. Anything else they could have done would have ended up with a tiny little side note on the news, then right back to talking about the Kardashians. As of right now, the entire nation, and many from around the world are watching this unfold and actually talking about the social injustice communities all over the country are facing.

Sometimes you gotta set yourself on fire to make your voice heard.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

What do you suggest the community should do?
How many people should die before the community stands up and takes action?

Sure there are people who will take advantage of the chaos. This is something that has always happened through the course of humanity, and will always happen well in to the future.

The race of the officer does not matter, the race of Michael Brown does not matter. What does matter is that people in his community witnessed him getting shot to death by the people that are supposed to protect them. They witnessed a person they are supposed to be able to trust murder a young man in their community.

I don't know how the community could have reacted any differently and got the attention they are getting. Anything else they could have done would have ended up with a tiny little side note on the news, then right back to talking about the Kardashians. As of right now, the entire nation, and many from around the world are watching this unfold and actually talking about the social injustice communities all over the country are facing.

Sometimes you gotta set yourself on fire to make your voice heard.

Absolutely. I don't agree with the factual basis of everything you said, but in spirit, I am TOTALLLY THERE WITH YOU.
I guess that makes me a knee jerk racist.
tetra

Liberty comes at a price, liberty gal. It often gets dirty discussing that liberty.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's not just beat and helmets and you know it. It's military gear and vehicles as we as military tactics.
And are you bringing up that the other side is using hollow points? Cause what do you think the cops are using

Research that. The gear. The vehicles. Leftovers of wars, usually presents.

Yeah, they''re using them NOW.

I'm done with this. Anyone who would confront a rioting crowd or a crowd where there is potential for rioting or where there has been a terror threat or event without riot gear is an idiot.
edit on 8/13/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ~Lucidity

It's not just beat and helmets and you know it. It's military gear and vehicles as we as military tactics.
And are you bringing up that the other side is using hollow points? Cause what do you think the cops are using

Research that. The gear. The vehicles. Leftovers of wars, usually presents.

Yeah, they''re using them NOW.

I'm done with this. Anyone who would confront a rioting crowd or a crowd where there is potential for rioting or where there has been a terror threat or event without riot gear is an idiot.

And in the trunk of the cop car, is a sawed off….complete with hollow points for ammo….and why shouldn't they? That's what they are facing, after all. Fire with fire. That's not the issue, hereabouts.
tetra

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx
I think people should wait for the facts. People are having a knee-jerk reaction, just as they did with the Trayvon incident.

I think, instead of calling in armored cars, they should have instituted a cerfew, for Public Saftey reasons, after the Al Sharpton church meet last night.

I think the police department should be doing their best to get the facts out, but I do not think the officer should be identified, until and unless his safety can be guaranteed.

As for some more facts, do any of you know why the QT was the first place to be attacked, looted, and burned to the ground? In the first looting videos, it was called, "This is where it all began. This is ground zero."

Looting of Ferguson Quicktrip Evening-Whirl Video: youtu.be...

Opens with, "We at the QT, where the incident started".

Why?

Why has it been spray paint tagged, "Snitches get stitches"?

fox2now.com...

Because, the cigarillos Michael Brown was alleged to be carrying were claimed to have been stolen from the QT. Allegedly, the community felt the QT called the police, hence, "snitches", on Michael.

Amazingly, on the previous page to this one, was a post along the lines of, "If it hadn't been for the cops, this never would have happened."

How Trayvonesque. Kind of like, "He should have never gotten out of his truck!" huh? Instead, how about, he maybe shouldn't have stolen those cigarillos, if, indeed, he did. Which, by all appearances, is what happened. So, why are the police not forthcoming with this?! Once again, when does personal responsibility enter the picture? It's always someone elses fault. Reminds me of the cop that was recently shot, and the mom of the perp proclaims, "He saw he had a gun, he never shoukda got out if his car!" Seriously? So now, we just are to let people steal, and look the other way? Run around waving guns, and pretend we see nothing? See a guy prowling around a neighborhood, and just... go home. Sigh.

The officer that approached Michael and Dorian dir not do so, "for no reason", he did it because he identified them as possibly having committed a theft and being the suspects.

Why is it, the officer's story was he had put Michael in the back of the car when a struggle over his gun broke out? Maybe because he caught him with the alleged stolen cigarillos in his hands?

Yet, his friend Dorian claims this officer grabbed Michael, who stood 6'3", from within the window if his car, around the throat?! Are you kidding me? Is this cop Rubberman?!

The witness then says the cop pulls him, by the throat, to the car, when Michael says, "Here, hold these", giving Dorian the cigarillos. Why, unless you planned to use your hands, would you ask someone to hold something?

Allegedly, then, the cop shoots Michael in the arm, and then, Dorian and Michael run.

Dorian claims, "The officer then sits in the car for two or three minutes, he must have been thinking about what he just did, before he got out, and followed Michael, and shot him in the back."

So, Michael ran, and only made it 35 yards in 3 minutes?

Then, Dorian says, "Michael turned around with his hands up, and the officer shot him again."

When asked if Michael ever said ANYTHING to the officer, the witness replies, "No, he was never able to get it out."

Wasn't this the basis for, "I am unarmed. Don't shoot me!"

So, what are we to believe of this alleged witness?
He contradicts himself multiple times.

"The officer opened his door hitting me and Big Mike. It ricocheted off of us, but it nearly knocked the wind out if me. But, it hit Mike more than me. It just tapped me."

So it just tapped him, but nearly knocked the wind out of him? How does that work?

The witness testimony is totally NOT believeable, yet, because it fits the Us v Them meme, people are lapping it up.

He' s obviously lying, and obviously trying to avoid being considered an accomplice to a crime. He lawyered up mighty fast. A la Rachel Jenteal.

Interview of Dorian Johnson (with Mike Brown duri…: youtu.be...

edit on 13-8-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2014 by Libertygal because: fixing youtube link

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I read with great interest everything you wrote there, and learned a great deal, if your information is correct, and I've believed less in this thread.

So, what I would say to you is this, liberty gal: you brought us important, fact changing information. For that, I am grateful. I still say, I can do without your judgement. You could have brought us all that info without judging our extrapolations, forgiving us for caring, end of story, instead of labelling us all racists and anti law enforcement…which if you go back and read my comments, I am anything but anti law enforcement. I always, always, try to see the law enforcement side of things, and definitively try to avoid the racist overview; however, it's always a situational fact attendant to what's happening, especially in an area like Ferguson, which has seen a major ethnic population shift in the last ten or less years. I won't back off that, as it's demonstrable, and can't help but be a factor attendant to the circumstances. That doesn't mean I don't support fully law enforcement agents, attempting to do their jobs, daily, with their lives at risk.

I'd just like you to give us all that benefit of a doubt, instead of branding us with a wide array of stereotyping…..
You just play into the system you are identifying and objecting to, otherwise…….
Sincerely,
tetra50
eta: and I really, really mean thanks for all that info. it greatly changes and adjusts what we know now…..

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
He was shot, in the back, at 35 yards.

No matter how you spin it.

Unless the dude learned how to run backwards, that means he was no longer a threat to the officers life, and therefore the shooting was murder, not self defence.

Police are NOT 21st Centurary "I AM THE LAW" judges as depicted in the comics, they are police.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wow it sure has been a busy night since I went off to sleep

One thing I have noticed is my fellow Brits saying we don't have armed police openly carrying on our streets, you all are delusional

Yes they might have their mp5s in a lock box in the boot but I can sure as sh!t tell you they have a hand gun strapped to their leg at all times

The area I'm from they are patrolling at all times not just waiting for a call

You must not be from high crime areas or something because you have no clue

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris

Unless the dude learned how to run backwards, that means he was no longer a threat to the officers life, and therefore the shooting was murder, not self defence.

Police are NOT 21st Centurary "I AM THE LAW" judges as depicted in the comics, they are police.

I gotta say that's an overarching, over everything else, FACT.
A shot in the back speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris

Yes totally agree with that if he was shot in the back that is most definatly murder

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You say to wait for the facts and accusing others of having knee-jerk reactions, but it appears you have already passed judgement without the facts. All you have is what the media wants you to have.

The police do no get to act as judge jury and executioner. They are there to protect and serve, not serve death sentences for suspected shoplifting.

If this was a one time situation, i would agree with you, but its not. Unnecessary force is used to kill unarmed people all the time and it is only getting worse. These cops, nation wide, need to be held accountable for their actions and face the consequences for their crimes. The cops that turn a blind eye, or aid in the cover up of these crimes should also be held accountable.

Innocent until proven guilty, or dead apparently.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

a reply to: USNVP4038

If the police were out of the picture in the first place Michael Brown would still be alive.

Sometimes you have to meet violence with violence if you want to be heard.

Cop shoots my son. I'm upset. I break into my neighbors house and rape her.

Sound stupid? Well, it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi, I know I don't post, just read. But I'm in the area and have been to the protests.

What major news media seem to not want to report is that the police threats started the initial riot. They act like people just broke out into riots and looting randomly.

That night after the shooting there was a vigil and a peaceful demonstration, cops showed up in full riot gear, with dogs and guns pointed and threatened the peaceful vigil/memorial goers. Told us we would be arrested if we did not go home.
When some protesters yelled back that was unconstitutional, we were threatened with dogs and teargas.
That is when people understandably lost it.
Is it not our constitutional right to peacefully assemble?
Where are all the constitutional patriots and militias who claim to have been waiting for a situation like this? Where is their help, or at least their support?

Yes there has been looting by some, by criminals taking advantage of the chaos. But a vast majority of us remain peaceful despite being shot with "non lethal" bullets and teargas.
We are being shot in our own yards, on the public sidewalks, while on our knees.

There is now a media black out, reporters who are trying to stay have been shot with wooden bullets and teargassed.

After so many years of being treated as sub human by the area police, I think this was the straw that finally broke the camel's back.
The rage and the frustration and the despair has boiled over.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Libertygal

He' s obviously lying, and obviously trying to avoid being considered an accomplice to a crime.

Wow. Where exactly are you getting all this info Libertygal??? Do you have any supporting links to verify your story.

Because that isn't anything at all like either side of the story I've heard.

BTW, how dare you claim authority of who's "obviously lying" in any of this??? FFS, I almost can't believe what I just read from you. But I'll wait until I get a better idea of what you have to say before I decide anything about you.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BanTv

a reply to: USNVP4038

If the police were out of the picture in the first place Michael Brown would still be alive.

Sometimes you have to meet violence with violence if you want to be heard.

Cop shoots my son. I'm upset. I break into my neighbors house and rape her.

Sound stupid? Well, it is.

Wow!! How can you say that has there been any reports of women getting raped?

People like you are what the world doesn't need

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: chaoticborders
Hi, I know I don't post, just read. But I'm in the area and have been to the protests.

What major news media seem to not want to report is that the police threats started the initial riot. They act like people just broke out into riots and looting randomly.

That night after the shooting there was a vigil and a peaceful demonstration, cops showed up in full riot gear, with dogs and guns pointed and threatened the peaceful vigil/memorial goers. Told us we would be arrested if we did not go home.
When some protesters yelled back that was unconstitutional, we were threatened with dogs and teargas.
That is when people understandably lost it.
Is it not our constitutional right to peacefully assemble?
Where are all the constitutional patriots and militias who claim to have been waiting for a situation like this? Where is their help, or at least their support?

Yes there has been looting by some, by criminals taking advantage of the chaos. But a vast majority of us remain peaceful despite being shot with "non lethal" bullets and teargas.
We are being shot in our own yards, on the public sidewalks, while on our knees.

There is now a media black out, reporters who are trying to stay have been shot with wooden bullets and teargassed.

After so many years of being treated as sub human by the area police, I think this was the straw that finally broke the camel's back.
The rage and the frustration and the despair has boiled over.

Great to hear it off someone 1st hand and they won't report that the police are the antagonisers in this mess

It goes against the agenda

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, while I'm waiting for Liberygal to respond how about I post some "facts" I've gathered of my own. I'll be giving links for mine as well.

BTW, there is some other info about this I posted like 2 pages back for anyone interested.

— Multiple eyewitness accounts say that Brown was killed while attempting to surrender.

— Brown's friend Dorian Johnson, who was with Brown at the time, says that the two of them were walking in the middle of the street when a police car approached, and the officer told them to get on the sidewalk.

Eyewitness Piaget Crenshaw says that Johnson, Brown and the officer got into a verbal confrontation, and the officer attempted to put Brown in the police car. When Brown began to flee, with his hands in the air, she says, the officer got out of the car and started shooting at Brown. (Crenshaw has photos of the shooting, which have been turned over to the police.)

—Another eyewitness told the press that the officer was in his car when he started shooting at the boys. (At least one shot was fired from the police car.)

Johnson says that he and Brown started running when they heard the first shot. He told local news station KMOV that the officer "shot again, and once my friend felt that shot, he turned around and put his hands in the air. He started to get down and the officer still approached with his weapon drawn and fired several more shots."

— Meanwhile, St. Louis County police, who have been called in to investigate Brown's death, say that Brown assaulted the officer before he was killed. St. Louis County police chief Jon Belmar told reporters on Sunday that Brown shoved the officer back into the police car, "physically assaulted" him, and attempted to grab the officer's gun. According to Belmar, the officer only began firing at Brown after the assault.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The few must be in real terror for using such amount of force and bully behavior against people.
We can win and they know it very well.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jabbah
The few must be in real terror for using such amount of force and bully behavior against people.
We can win and they know it very well.
Yep!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join