It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daring Helicopter Rescue in Iraq - Saving Yazidi Christians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Rescue from Mount Sinjar

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: angkory13
Wow that got me a little chocked up...
Im not religous or anything but ill be praying for those on the mountain and the Kurds.

God speed and good luck to those involved in these efforts.

Way to show the humain side of people over and not just demonizing everyone

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I saw a slightly different version on our local news , The pilot came back to check on the people ( do those things fly themselves or more than 1 pilot ? )
Anyway he had the most amazing kind eyes.
1%

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
S&F.
Nice to see some good news from there.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
WOW thats some Amazing footage, I really feel for those poor children, to think that there are so many more children, elderly, family left up there, is terrible. ISIS needs to be destroyed, How can you look into a childs eyes, then chop of there head. If its a Holy War, Then Why commit so many UnHoly acts

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Real American Heroes! Good guys in action.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: angkory13

Two or three more people could be rescued each trip if it weren't for the camera crews and news reporters on board. Watched a report last night where a reporter on a helicopter watched as some being rescued had to get out as the ship was too heavy. Not right i feel. Not taking anything at all from the pilots and crew, they're saving lives. Dont see why the press need to actually fly.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it

............You do know the guys on that helicopter are Iraqi right?

just sayin.

Real Iraqi, heroes.

edit on 12-8-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
There is a thread already on this from last night

www.abovetopsecret.com...

hate to be a bubble burster as i know the topic is important

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm not religious too, but i'm human and this video, i found awesome. The crew risking their lives to help people. They were surrounded by ISIS in Mount Sinjar, facing dead and beheadings. a reply to: CitizenJack

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have to say I am confused about the "Christian" part-- I know nothing about the Yazidi people but the wikileaks link below indicates Yazidi people are not Christian. Not that it matters to me as I think it is absolutely horrid what is happening to these people regardless of faith, but I keep hearing Christians touting Christian persecution. Rather its purely a show of power over a people that are different than the people of ISIS.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360
I have to say I am confused about the "Christian" part-- I know nothing about the Yazidi people but the wikileaks link below indicates Yazidi people are not Christian. Not that it matters to me as I think it is absolutely horrid what is happening to these people regardless of faith, but I keep hearing Christians touting Christian persecution. Rather its purely a show of power over a people that are different than the people of ISIS.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yazidis are not Christians, they're Yazidi .... Doesn't make this rescue less heroic though.

This is what the military should be more about

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it

Where?

2nd

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
not trying to be funny but i made a thread on this yesturday

please keep to it

thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

dude you pointed that out already once.

pointing it out a second time is just unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl
not trying to be funny but i made a thread on this yesturday

please keep to it

thanks

Well, to be fair your thread is only about the Yazidis, not the Yazidi Christians...

You're right. I'll post on your thread if I have any worthy comments.

edit on 12-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

Yes, they're not Christian. I wholeheartedly agree that it doesn't matter what religion they are as long as they are being helped and saved.

IS is attacking everyone who is in their way.
(Shiia, Sunni who aren't religious enough for them, Christians, and Yazidi.)

I hope they will all be rescued before they either starve to death or get shot.

edit on 12/8/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Looks like all the isis affair is somehow linked to the time paradigm

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver
Two or three more people could be rescued each trip if it weren't for the camera crews and news reporters on board. Watched a report last night where a reporter on a helicopter watched as some being rescued had to get out as the ship was too heavy. Not right i feel. Not taking anything at all from the pilots and crew, they're saving lives. Dont see why the press need to actually fly.

Because when the press get the footage in front of large audiences, those large audiences create the pressure to create more help. It's a trade-off; a couple of people not saved now, but a lot more saved later.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moschops

originally posted by: helldiver

Because when the press get the footage in front of large audiences, those large audiences create the pressure to create more help. It's a trade-off; a couple of people not saved now, but a lot more saved later.

Nonsense. There's plenty of footage taken on various aid drops and fly overs showing these people on the mountain. They could just film the helicopters leaving and returning with a cargo of saved lives.

A film crew wearing kevlar vests and helmets taking up places for women, children, the elderly, anyone trapped on that mountain facing being buried alive, raped, decapitated, who knows what horror in my opinion, should not be allowed. Especially after being allowed to board and then being thrown back off.

You'd probably be disgusted if the reporter was turfed out though right?

new topics

top topics

join