It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian Rocket attacks - questions to ask the sheeple in your lives

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Jukiodone

Doing something that directly causes more civillian deaths amongst your own people than deaths in your enemy seems to suggest whoever does it, has an alternative agenda.

It is clear that Hamas' objective is to create "martyrs" in order to influence public opinion. It is starting to backfire. Even in Europe, the veneer of sympathy for Palestinians is starting to peel off, revealing the Anti-Semitism underneath.

Ah the false accusations of anti-Semitism, didn't take long for someone to inject them into the thread, welcome back DJW001.
edit on 12-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Ah the false accusations of anti-Semitism, didn't take long for someone to inject them into the thread, welcome back DJW001.

It's not a false allegation:

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I see this as the MSM doing a little "seed-planting" and "message-creep" to alter the true perceptions of this conflict.

I see it as the reporter having no clue what he's talking about!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It's not a false allegation:

www.theguardian.com...

I would take what Jon Henley has to say with a grain of salt, look up the backlash he received for this article
www.theguardian.com...

Looks like the kind of person that just wants to be in the spotlight. But your original point made it seem like anyone speaking out against Israel is anti-Semitic, those in the article you posted obviously have an agenda but not everyone that speaks out does.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

it is duely noted that neither you , or the OP have addressed slayers rebuttal

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

it is duely noted that neither you , or the OP have addressed slayers rebuttal

OK thanks for the reminder, do you police all the threads for people that don't reply or just this one?

eta Also Slayers post wasn't directed at me, so what in the hell are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

sigh - as you clearly agreed 101% with the OP and vocalised this - the rebutall addressed you too

now again why have you gone of on a tangent

the OP and your first post have been shown to be errant

address that

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

But your original point made it seem like anyone speaking out against Israel is anti-Semitic, those in the article you posted obviously have an agenda but not everyone that speaks out does.

Of course it is possible to denounce Israel's policies and actions without being Anti-Semitic. Conversely, there are Anti-Semites who support Israel because they believe it is a prerequisite for the Second Coming. To keep the discussion on track: I am curious as to what the series of rhetorical questions in the OP was designed to elicit, and what you meant by a "house of cards?"

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

sigh - as you clearly agreed 101% with the OP and vocalised this - the rebutall addressed you too

now again why have you gone of on a tangent

the OP and your first post have been shown to be errant

address that

Just because you are some little fanboy you think I have to post at your behest? Who are you to tell other members who and when they have to reply? Do you police all the threads like this? Address that

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

But your original point made it seem like anyone speaking out against Israel is anti-Semitic, those in the article you posted obviously have an agenda but not everyone that speaks out does.

Of course it is possible to denounce Israel's policies and actions without being Anti-Semitic. Conversely, there are Anti-Semites who support Israel because they believe it is a prerequisite for the Second Coming. To keep the discussion on track: I am curious as to what the series of rhetorical questions in the OP was designed to elicit, and what you meant by a "house of cards?"

My honest opinion is it is all a big dog&pony show with Israeli's having beven caught selling weapons to Iran.

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

And then in turn Iran supplying Hamas, a select few making money off the wars and the innocent public on both sides caught in the middle.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

you have me confused with someone else - yourself per haps

but I have no dog in this fight - just an urge to comment on the threads progress - its distressingly common :

1 thread opens with blowhard claims

2 claims are comprehensivly refuted

3 origionators of above claims quickly change topic

4 - when questioned about this - they spit their dummy out

my work here is done

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

My honest opinion is it is all a big dog&pony show with Israeli's having beven caught selling weapons to Iran.

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

And then in turn Iran supplying Hamas, a select few making money off the wars and the innocent public on both sides caught in the middle.

Sorry, your link is dead. Are you referring to the Iran-Contra Scandal?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you have me confused with someone else - yourself per haps

but I have no dog in this fight - just an urge to comment on the threads progress - its distressingly common :

1 thread opens with blowhard claims

2 claims are comprehensivly refuted

3 origionators of above claims quickly change topic

4 - when questioned about this - they spit their dummy out

my work here is done

I didn't post this thread, you came out of nowhere to ask why I didn't reply to a post, a post not directed at me might I add, and add absolutely nothing else. I answered why to DJW001 above when asked properly, instead of a totally off topic attack by a fanboy
Your work here is done? If you mean done by derailing the conversation, yes your work here is done. Now you better swoop off to the rest of the threads in search of missed replies, Godspeed my sweet Prince.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

Must have put it in wrong, here you go.

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

www.haaretz.com...

Eta the first link won't embed right for some reason, here is another
www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

www.haaretz.com...

The Telegraph link is still dead, but the HaAretz link worked. There are always profiteers willing to sell arms to the enemy. It is treason, and not indicative of official policy.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Logical at first, yes. So, why aren't they avoiding it.

I'm not here to defend any side or crap like that, but I can't figure out how amateurs can pinpoint the location of Hamas rocket fire and yet an advanced military like Israel, backed by the USA, cannot figure out the launch location of a rocket less than 10 miles away lol.

It DOESN'T add up. They have satellite and drone access. It's practically unbelievable they are struggling this much. Not to mention their homeland defence had NO IDEA huge tunnel networks were being built under it's main city?!

It's even more unbelievable that Israel actually KNOWS Hamas is going to launch a strike yet STILL can't seem to locate the launch origin let alone intercept them.

In reality, a jet fighter/chopper squad/ground units would be sent there within 10 minutes, and any moving artillery units would instantly be neutralised.

That area is then occupied by a temporary IDF regiment (within a 'safe zone' protected from suspected Hamas retaliation fire) accompanied with a field of area covered by drone/satellite recon. Utilize anti-rocket technology. Rinse and repeat.

And that's a very primitive way of dealing with it. I'm 100% sure Israel's military, along with it's backing, can conjure a plan better than that.

Yet, Hamas amateurs wheeling massive, slow-moving artillery units in the open desert land have somehow managed to keep pulling this off for DECADES apparently. Either they've got an infinite supply of artillery and men or Israel just isn't being effective at stopping this at all.

I give the Israeli military credit, so I find it extremely hard to believe. That opens a whole new can of worms. Yet, these questions are never asked either.

And well, if Hamas DO apparently have this endless supply of expensive and high-quality artillery, it really does become a flipping important question as to WHO's supplying them.

In that sense, the nature/quality of the weapons are an important part of the bigger picture.

That then becomes the root you must cut first.
edit on 12-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

www.telegraph.co.uk... l

www.haaretz.com...

The Telegraph link is still dead, but the HaAretz link worked. There are always profiteers willing to sell arms to the enemy. It is treason, and not indicative of official policy.

The arms dealers are the ones I am talking about that are making the profit and they usually have close ties to government, I wasn't implying that it is policy but a lot of the times it is well known about and in some cases people in government make profits themselves. It is just all too shady, the men where suspected 10 years ago but got a free pass, they surely would have known what the men where up to in those 10years and never stopped them.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Because if they started asking those questions the whole house of cards would come crashing down.

I think Slayer just knocked learnatic's house of cards down.

Hahaha, Slayer laid the smack down.

This thread was over after his post on the first page.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing

It's even more unbelievable that Israel actually KNOWS Hamas is going to launch a strike yet STILL can't seem to locate the launch origin let alone intercept them.

The Israelis do intercept the rockets with their "Iron Dome" system. They can also determine where the rockets were fired from. Unfortunately, Hamas has a tendency to fire them from schools and hospitals.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah, you're right. I meant intercept the unit as a whole as well as all missiles. They have missile warning apps for those that slip through, don't they? I'm surprised it took them a decade of constant battering by rockets to implement.

I guess my point was, we're fed this idea that Israel is under complete terror and hellfire from Hamas. That idea doesn't add up. And if they can deduce the launch location, and figure out it's a specific school, why has this not been more successful?

Like I said, a ground unit (with air/uav support) has to be sent to the school or public building as soon as possible. I know the risks are endless but that's what they have to do - it's a better option than an air strike in an urban area.

Yet, I still don't understand how they are not surveying the activities of Hamas. To me, this is the mind blower. They have drone and satellite technology, and have trouble tracking the movement of these arms and independent units, right under their noses?

These aren't handheld RPGs. You can't easily tug around a decent artillery unit without popping up on surveillance at some point. It's practically impossible with modern military technology.

How are they getting these in and out of schools without drawing attention? And if they're leaving them there, why are they not being seized? And if they are, what is the supply chain that's replenishing them?

If it's all genuinely how it appears, and Israel is genuinely struggling to a point beyond knowing what to do regarding the Hamas situation, the Israelis should be terrified.

The things in the Middle East seem to be gearing to a full-out holy war right at Israel's doorstep. They would without a doubt need a US intervention to save them.
edit on 12-8-2014 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join