It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather outside police department

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: LDragonFire
You highlit the word blacks twice in your out of context snippits to imply I was racist "we know where you stand" you said. Where do I stand since you're not playing the race card and not accusing me of being racist?

Intellectual dishonesty.

no response?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

This is what should have happened in the first place. A peaceful protest to bring light to the police state we all live under. All the rioting and looting makes this community look bad and some might not even listen after last night.

I will say it again we need real leaders like Mr. King to help us all break free from these self imposed chains of progressive apathy. It is causing epic failure in homes and communities across the country. The progressive mindset is the root cause and it is pushed in media,schools,government and sadly even homes.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
I think their 4 demands are reasonable. I would want to know the killer of my son, and have justice. There is way to much police protection in this country. The ole days, there would have been a linching, and the police officer would have been hung from a tree

That's why we have due process. Lynch mobs aren't a good thing. Protecting the officer until he goes on trial makes perfect sense.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You highlit the word blacks twice in your out of context snippits to imply I was racist "we know where you stand" you said. Where do I stand since you're not playing the race card and not accusing me of being racist?

Intellectual dishonesty.

How is it out of context? You clearly stated for you this issue is about the protesters and the city of Ferguson being black. You accused me of playing the race card, and being intellectually dishonest. You listed a group of demands that what the authorities need to impose on the people?

Isn't committing murder enough of a demand from the authorities?

Alleged murder.

Have you noticed how many local police forces are being watched by the federal government because of these type of incidents?

edit on 12-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Counter offer:

Where does this counter offer come from? The government.

1. Turn in everyone that was looting/rioting and agree to testify against them.

You turn in any friend, family or acquaintance that has ever committed a crime.

2. Everyone protesting become gainfully employed and agree to give up any and all Government assistance if convicted of a crime.

St Louis unemployment is 8.2% so after you move there to improve the demographic you can open a business and hire folks, cause there isn't many jobs out there.

3. Give the Police Dep. a complete list of all gang members in the area and their gang affiliation.

Before you move to the hood if you or yours knows any gangstas you must inform the authorities immediately.

4. Residents of this neighborhood's housing projects must now reflect the demographics of America.

As soon as you move, things will get better here, yes?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

way to lump everyone there into a category...do you know these people personally?...do you know for a fact that the people protesting in front of the police station are the same people who were looting ?

obviously ignorance is bliss huh

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oh, I'm sorry I thought I said good day.

Good day sir.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: jrod

Well I have heard 3 different but similar story's from civilians. One fact is that he was unarmed, another was he was either running away or was holding his hands up surrendering both of these he was already shot once.

The story that bothers me the most is from the official report.

The officer claims a altercation inside his car were the teen was shot then ran away but the officer finished him off when he was 35 feet away from the patrol car.

I'm holding off judgement but both story's bother me, he was shot and he was either fleeing for his life or surrendering when the cop finished him off...

i have heard from locals that a woman did film the entire shooting incident but was arrested and her phone taken, but this is rumor.

suspected as it happened

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

There is an old saying in the news reporting business: '"If it bleeds, it leads".

Peaceful protest do not make good news stories.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: loveguy

There is an old saying in the news reporting business: '"If it bleeds, it leads".

Peaceful protest do not make good news stories.

Current affairs in the world today, of everyday people joining to say the words of a shared voice, is not newsworthy?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join