It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather outside police department

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. – Protesters are gathering outside the Ferguson Police Department, demanding justice for the shooting death of an unarmed teen Saturday afternoon.

Michael Brown, 18, was killed by a Ferguson police officer outside the Canfield Green apartment complex Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said a struggle over the officer's gun led to the shooting.

The protesters have a list of four demands:
1. For the officer who killed Brown to be identified.
2. For the officer who killed Brown to be fired and charged with murder.
3. They want the police department's "Protocol Handbook" released to the public.
4. They want the Ferguson Police Department's employees to reflect the racial demographic of the community.

ksdk

This is far from over, the people are demanding to be heard and I have no problems with there list of demands. The investigation is now in the hands of the FBI. I want justice to prevail here and for the healing to begin. I don't wanna fight nor do I want to see friends or family or anyone to fight. But the heavy hand of law enforcement needs to be reigned in.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
posting to have thread available easier, later.

thanks.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Isn't there another dude who was involved in the scuffle that got away? Surely the community should be appealing for him as a key witness.

Him (I presume it's a him) won't be in any trouble for being involved if he and Brown were innocent victims of harassment as the community seems to be suggesting.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

They are all guilty? Every single one of them? So they should have killed the police and not just theft and vandalize, is this what your saying?

They should have No rights....I believe you really mean this.
edit on 11-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That's a bit unfair.
I'm sure not all of those protesters participated in the carnage

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well, if they stick to protesting and not looting or destroying they might get heard, but many times nighttime change people...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

They are all guilty? Every single one of them? So they should have killed the police and not just theft and vandalize, is this what your saying?

They should have No rights....I believe you really mean this.

Not the ones who participated in the looting.

They should have protested the police and city hall from the start, what did the looting prove?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Not all were rioting and many were against the rioting. This video claims that the police moving in with riot gear on set the crowd off and that lead to the rioting.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I'm tired too.

Tired of our streets being peppered with dead, unarmed black people. Tired of listening to armed assailants describe how they feared for their lives. Tired of being told "this has nothing to do with race."

I am tired of having to march to have murderers arrested. Tired of worrying about my 17-year-old being gunned down by some random white guy who thinks his music is too loud. Tired of knowing the same could happen to me.

I am tired of seeing a hashtag in front of a victim's name on Twitter. Tired of seeing Al Sharpton speak on behalf of a family. Tired of waiting for verdicts and hoping for justice --as if hearing "guilty" can ease the anxiety of knowing a police officer shot and killed a 22-year-old black man while he was lying face down and with his hands behind his back.

CNN

This is a great read and if your interested in the point of view from a man and the black community.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I wonder why he is not tired with all the black on black crime that happens more often then what happened this weekend?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

They have every right to freely assemble and ask for justice to be served.

(Nice to see no "free speech" zones!)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You have already stated they shouldn't have the right to demand anything.

Every human population has a percentage of criminals even white, christian. Do white people kill each other? Have the whites been brutalized for hundreds of years, enslaved? Have the rights of whites or equality given to them in the last 50 years?

Do white communities have a pre school to prison system like black communities do?

There is injustice and there has always been injustice in America.

From the link:

I don't begrudge anyone who has the luxury of not knowing what that kind of siege feels like. I just hope they have the decency not to characterize the socioeconomic disparity along racial lines as a card to be played but rather recognize it as a looming element of our cultural fiber.

For example, from 1934 to 1962, the federal government backed $120 billion of home loans. Because of an appraisal system that deemed integrated communities financial risks, less than 2% of those loans went to minorities.

When you consider that home ownership has long been the prerequisite for the average American to acquire wealth, there is little wonder why white Americans have 22 times more wealth than blacks. That is not a card being played. That is math. And I'm tired of having to explain that.

Did you and your family have to deal with this? You wonder why they are poor when the government institutionalized racism for centuries?

Could you over come this? Could anyone?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So you really think and all those who starred this post that the blacks should not have rights?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
When a police officer fires their gun in the line of duty, his or her name is kept from the public. This is a standard procedure that is setup to protect the officer. The demand for the officer's name is unreasonable at this point. If this young man truly was reaching for the officer's gun, then the shooting was justified.

There just is not enough information about this case for me to make a reasonable assumption of a justified shooting or police brutality. Neither does the mob that is calling for the officer's head.

Hopefully more facts come out and if the shooting was NOT justified the officer responsible will have to face the justice system.
edit on 11-8-2014 by jrod because: ed

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Insurance will bring that store back. Insurance isn't going to bring back that teenager that was shot to death. Are you honestly so cold-hearted that you care more about damage done to replaceable goods over a human life being snuffed out prematurely? This is what the muff is wrong with the world today. I am disgusted with the total acceptance of tyranny around here.

The police need to open their eyes and take off the blinders; They keep screwing around and hurting the common person and they're going to end up regretting it in the end. What ever happened to protect and serve?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

So you really think and all those who starred this post that the blacks should not have rights?

Everyone has rights but you kind of toss those rights away when you vent your frustrations on the innocent instead of the ones who caused said problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh really? Guess they should all go home then and hope that the trigger happy cop doesn't get excited on duty again.

You heard the man people, you've all been very naughty and need to call it quits and go home.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You have made it clear how you feel.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think their 4 demands are reasonable. I would want to know the killer of my son, and have justice. There is way to much police protection in this country. The ole days, there would have been a linching, and the police officer would have been hung from a tree

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join