It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather outside police department

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: thesaneone
I say B.S they lost any right to demand anything after they destroyed innocent businesses in their own community, they should have started with city hall.

They are all guilty? Every single one of them? So they should have killed the police and not just theft and vandalize, is this what your saying?

They should have No rights....I believe you really mean this.

Not the ones who participated in the looting.

They should have protested the police and city hall from the start, what did the looting prove?

That they're really stoked, and we all should be.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
When a police officer fires their gun in the line of duty, his or her name is kept from the public. This is a standard procedure that is setup to protect the officer. The demand for the officer's name is unreasonable at this point. If this young man truly was reaching for the officer's gun, then the shooting was justified.

There just is not enough information about this case for me to make a reasonable assumption of a justified shooting or police brutality. Neither does the mob that is calling for the officer's head.

Hopefully more facts come out and if the shooting was NOT justified the officer responsible will have to face the justice system.

His hands were up and he was trying to lie down, so nada on that. And I think that producing names is one of the ways to keep them on their toes, and not murdering people. I've had enough of their behavior. Agents of terror, well sorry boys we own this joint, you're our minions.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

After going through the time to do a little digging, this is story being told. This is not good for the officer involved and the entire PD of the town.

What is described sounds like a public execution to me. Hopefully more facts will come to light and justice will be served if this is what really happened.
edit on 11-8-2014 by jrod because: ed

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. – Protesters are gathering outside the Ferguson Police Department, demanding justice for the shooting death of an unarmed teen Saturday afternoon.

Michael Brown, 18, was killed by a Ferguson police officer outside the Canfield Green apartment complex Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said a struggle over the officer's gun led to the shooting.

The protesters have a list of four demands:
1. For the officer who killed Brown to be identified.
2. For the officer who killed Brown to be fired and charged with murder.
3. They want the police department's "Protocol Handbook" released to the public.
4. They want the Ferguson Police Department's employees to reflect the racial demographic of the community.

ksdk

This is far from over, the people are demanding to be heard and I have no problems with there list of demands. The investigation is now in the hands of the FBI. I want justice to prevail here and for the healing to begin. I don't wanna fight nor do I want to see friends or family or anyone to fight. But the heavy hand of law enforcement needs to be reigned in.

Counter offer:
1. Turn in everyone that was looting/rioting and agree to testify against them.
2. Everyone protesting become gainfully employed and agree to give up any and all Government assistance if convicted of a crime.
3. Give the Police Dep. a complete list of all gang members in the area and their gang affiliation.
4. Residents of this neighborhood's housing projects must now reflect the demographics of America.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Are you directing this to the parents of Browns? Is there something wrong with you?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99
Go into that neighborhood right now and you will find out what an agent of terror truly is.

As far as the "he had his hands up" line, the eyewitness statement is he put his hands up after he was shot the first time. I am not defending the cop, but I think this is a case where there are no innocent parties.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire
Can you not read or are you being purposefully obtuse? The protesters listed these demands, I made a counter proposal.
I see you're trying to make it about his parents, it's not, never was, nice try for sympathy though.

When are they going to release pictures of the victim when he was ten?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Are you directing this to the parents of Browns? Is there something wrong with you?

Why would you say something like that? That is silly.

The article is crystal clear that those are the demands of the crowd (mob).

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

When are they going to release pictures of the victim when he was ten?

Right after Obama says that the person killed could have been his son...

Then again, it was never Obama's idea to leave Iraq (contrary to every single thing he said while trying to get elected).

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
One of a thousand words/pictures on Twitter tonight...#Ferguson

Twitter source

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Counter offer:
2. Everyone protesting become gainfully employed and agree to give up any and all Government assistance if convicted of a crime.
3. Give the Police Dep. a complete list of all gang members in the area and their gang affiliation.
4. Residents of this neighborhood's housing projects must now reflect the demographics of America.

Stereotype much?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is a great video and watch all the way to the end and pay attention to what the police public comments are.

edit on 11-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Counter offer:

1. You want the cops to turn over the criminal that they are harboring, ok turn in all the criminals you are harboring.
2. You want the cop summarily fired no investigation, just no job. However in the middle of the day those hundreds of people all happened to have the day off? No it's obvious, especially since this took place in Gov. housing, the people we are seeing don't work. (I could be a baller too if my rent was $35)
3. Ferguson has a huge gang problem exacerbated by the fact that no one will report them or testify, you want Justice turn them in. You want revenge KMA.
4. 85% of public housing in the US is taken by blacks even though they comprise less than 15% of the population, you want fair demographics let's do it across the board, not just to suit your wants.
In Ferguson Mo. blacks take up a staggering 99% of public housing while comprising 65% of the population, where's your fair demographic now?

Last month in North St. Louis, a 16-year-old was fatally shot in a park as he was waiting for a school bus — a month after his friend was shot to death. And last week, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the face walking to his school bus stop on the city’s North Side. He survived.-NY times Nov 2013 reporting on gang violence in and around Ferguson. No public outcry over these even younger children killed by gang violence that the "community" will not turn in?

I believe this cop is guilty, but I don't think that justifies a lot of the other hypocritical non sense.

Ferguson is a hell hole and it is because the residents made it that way.

Also, The Young Turks is not a news show or a reliable source for anything. It is a YouTube entertainment program with an admitted bias and agenda.
edit on 11-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

4. 85% of public housing in the US is taken by blacks even though they comprise less than 15% of the population, you want fair demographics let's do it across the board, not just to suit your wants.
In Ferguson Mo. blacks take up a staggering 99% of public housing while comprising 65% of the population, where's your fair demographic now?

Ok we know where you stand.
edit on 11-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I dont know much about this other than what I caught on the news tonight, but what got me was that this young man was prepared to head for college in a few days, just like my son...

Breaks my heart that something this absurd and tragic had to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I dont know much about this other than what I caught on the news tonight, but what got me was that this young man was prepared to head for college in a few days, just like my son...

Breaks my heart that something this absurd and tragic had to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I know where you stand too, you took a couple lines out of context from a page of text to make it suit your needs as you play the race card.

The protesters made it about race when they demanded the police force match the demographic of their neighborhood.

Their fourth DEMAND is LESS WHITE POLICE. I pointed out the imperfections of demographics on both sides.

You appear to be not only deceitful but an intellectual liar as well. If we can't logically argue a point can we just call someone a racist? Yes We Can!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I didn't call you a racist.

You said is about blacks.

I don't have any cards to play.

You could move there to improve the demographics.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
You highlit the word blacks twice in your out of context snippits to imply I was racist "we know where you stand" you said. Where do I stand since you're not playing the race card and not accusing me of being racist?

Intellectual dishonesty.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Im no fan of the police but, Im finding it hard to believe that a cop shot a dude for not getting out of the street. He hit the guys with his car door which equals a struggle for the cops weapon? how do you strangle a 6 foot tall male through the window while sitting in a cop car? Long arms? I hope more evidence comes out because the 2 stories are all over the place.

As for race, this is a racist extravaganza!! White cop, black male dead. Thats what the headline should be, right? If it were a black officer would they still burn the town down?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join