It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Crisis: 'It Is Death Valley. Up To 70 Per Cent Of Them Are Dead' - So who is the US "really

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Iraq Crisis: 'It Is Death Valley. Up To 70 Per Cent Of Them Are Dead' - So who is the US "really" aiding?

This comes to us as an eyewitness report of the situation on Mount Sinjar in Iraq and how ineffective the US "aid" to the trapped Yazidis was.

Pay particular attention to the last sentence in the article: "...much of the US aid had been “useless” because it was dropped from 15,000ft without parachutes and exploded on impact."

Seriously, what kind of "aid" is dropping 7,000 gallons of drinking water without parachutes onto people on the ground from an altitude of 15,000 feet?! They may as well had dropped live bombs on them because it would have almost the same effect.

This whole operation to "save the Yazidis from genocide" and "stop the advancement of the terrorist organization ISIL" (or ISIS or whatever they choose to call themselves today) was obviously put on as a show to get the American people to support some yet-to-be-revealed agenda. The operation failed (obviously intentionally) and now today ISIS has gone on to directly threaten Istanbul, Turkey if they don't turn their water supply back on.

So who is the US "really" aiding? I'll give you one guess because that's all you should need.

By Jonathan Krohn, aboard an Iraqi Army helicopter on Mount Sinjar

Mount Sinjar stinks of death. The few Yazidis who have managed to escape its clutches can tell you why. “Dogs were eating the bodies of the dead,” said Haji Khedev Haydev, 65, who ran through the lines of Islamic State jihadists surrounding it.

On Sunday night, I became the first western journalist to reach the mountains where tens of thousands of Yazidis, a previously obscure Middle Eastern sect, have been taking refuge from the Islamic State forces that seized their largest town, Sinjar.

I was on board an Iraqi Army helicopter, and watched as hundreds of refugees ran towards it to receive one of the few deliveries of aid to make it to the mountain. The helicopter dropped water and food from its open gun bays to them as they waited below. General Ahmed Ithwany, who led the mission, told me: “It is death valley. Up to 70 per cent of them are dead.”

Two American aid flights have also made it to the mountain, where they have dropped off more than 36,000 meals and 7,000 gallons of drinking water to help the refugees, and last night two RAF C-130 transport planes were also on the way.

However, Iraqi officials said that much of the US aid had been “useless” because it was dropped from 15,000ft without parachutes and exploded on impact.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LrdRedhawk
Iraq Crisis: 'It Is Death Valley. Up To 70 Per Cent Of Them Are Dead' - So who is the US "really" aiding?

Its own selfish agenda, whatever that may be.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow, dropping packages out at 15,000 feet without parachutes may not be smart, or was it. Maybe they didnt want to show the enemy where the drops were going, put a parachute on, and 5 minute slow drop, and its not very hard to find where they dropped the aid, I would think most of the drinking water would be in an MRE type bag. Who knows, seems like a lot of propaganda is being pushed around, and at least someopne is aiding these poor people. Although I think known of these situations would even be going on, if Saddam Hussein was still around, may have been a bad guy, but he kept a lot more bad guys in check

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I believe that the yazidi had already been helped by the Kurdish army?

Kurds rescue Yazidi

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

So what do you think one gallon of water would do to you if it was dropped on your head from 15,000 feet?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Back To Iraq

“In sending warplanes back into the skies over Iraq, President Obama on Thursday night found himself exactly where he did not want to be. Hoping to end the war in Iraq, Mr. Obama became the fourth president in a row to order military action in that graveyard of American ambition.”

www.arabworld360.info...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk
It would probably freeze on the way down.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Seriously, what kind of "aid" is dropping 7,000 gallons of drinking water without parachutes onto people on the ground from an altitude of 15,000 feet?! They may as well had dropped live bombs on them because it would have almost the same effect.

Gee, what are those black things on top of the boxes, and hanging above them after they drop out of the plane called again?

Oh yeah! Parachutes!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

It would absolutely implode your entire body, Why do you ask????

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
It would probably freeze on the way down.

Ok, I'll rephrase...

So what do you think one gallon sized block of ice would do to you if it was dropped on your head from 15,000 feet?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A quick search will find you lots of airdrop footage - parachutes included...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Gee, what are those black things on top of the boxes, and hanging above them after they drop out of the plane called again?

Oh yeah! Parachutes!

No need to be rude, lol.

I've seen footage of Kurdish soldiers throwing boxes of water bottles and food out of a helicopter, without any parachutes attached.

Here's an example:

So the OP isn't entirely incorrect.
edit on 11-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Nice find. Keep in mind that I didn't write the news article. It was supposedly written by an eyewitness journalist riding in an Iraqi helicoptor during the mission. It rubbed me the wrong way when I read it, so I shared it with my own thoughts added.

Don't shoot the messenger!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Oh yeah! Parachutes!

Parachutes are useless if they Don't open.

Of course that is if they are actually parachutes and not just "black things on top of the boxes"

But of course...I wasn't there.

Peace

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Isn't the most important thing, and also the most gratifying thing that they are now not in danger ?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Thanks for that. Just like everyone else, I can only share what I find. True or not, I didn't write the source article.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

You can clearly see them open after the boxes clear the aircraft. They are quite clearly parachutes.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

At least the US and UK are attempting to help these poor people who have done nothing to deserve such horror.
Who else is actually trying to help,or to stop ISIS?
Its bloody shameful that so many countries are doing nothing at all to help IMO.

UK government has just said they will use tornados in a "surviellance capacity" over Iraq,and are considering arming the Kurds.They need to do more,but its a start.
US are now arming the Kurds,as well as airstrikes and food drops.

Everyone else?
Jack sheet.
Shameful.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The snarkyness was directed more towards the article than to you. Sorry if it came across at you, some things just rub me the wrong way too.

In any air drop, some things are not going to survive, even with a parachute attached. Water containers, and boxes of food aren't really designed for the impact forces involved, so some are going to burst. That's what they were seeing, not that they were dropped without parachutes.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Accepted. After reading the article again closely, it seems to imply that there were other aircraft, including helicoptors, that we dropping supplies without parachutes. If that's true, those weren't the aircraft shown in the video.

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your reply as being directed at me. We are all emotional these days about the state of the world, not just in Iraq but everywhere else, too.

I own a breaking alternative news site and I am exposed to most everything that's happening in the world every day and it takes a huge toll on me both mentally and emotionally. Sometimes it's very hard to take.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join