It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New information on the Valentich plane disappearance.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
AS I understand about this case, the plane was on it's way across a strait (Bass?) to an island to pick up some sea food and transport it back for market. Ihave read transcipts of the aircraft transmissions in the book "Above Top Secret" (Timothy good(e) )? Not sure, leant it to my daughter so she'd have something to read in between studying for school. A cessna being a stable, low speed aircraft, in good condition, witha pilot that was familiar with the area. If his aircraft was perfroming erractically and he was worried about making it to dry land, why waste time describing what's going on OUTSIDE of the aircraft if it was a realitively calm day? why would his last transmission be "it is NOT an aircraft" ? The transcript seems to indicate he was in contact with the object for some time BEFORE his last transmission that it was "hovering" in fron of him.

Strong electromagnetic affects have been POSITIVELY associated with UFO activity, with some good measurements taken by some Canadian researchers back in the good old days of the early cold war.

Could it be that some type of "magnetic" skin or "field" associated with this alleged "object" could have grabbed the cessna right out of mid air and attached it to the side of the alleged object without the "operators" noticing it?

I've talked to pilots that have come back to the field with tree leaves or branches stuck in they're landing gear or tail wheels and they NEVER knew they were there!

If it was something that was being operated in that region because the Southern Ocean is a pretty foreboding and lonely place to begin with and makes and excellent "Area-51" type op area, maybe it was a terrestrial object that was operating based on "reverse engineered" technology?

What really is odd, this case has been looked at, and looked at, and looked at, and it seems almost as if the plane NEVER went into the ocean! I mean, come on, this is Australia, they tend to know a little bit about SAR ops! Another thing, back in the day, No GPS. I cannot recall if the acft had an E-PRB. SAR was basically search radar, limited IR and the MK1 Eye Ball, and they found absolutley NOTHING!

The phrase "Stuck to the side of the object leaking oil" also seems kind of odd. At a distance, an oil leak would probably be apparent, a fuel leak, not so much. And this was reported to have happened the morning AFTER the disappearance occured. It's just fascinating. Supposedly "Stuck to the side of the object LEAKING oil" ? i had an Uncle who owned a Piper Cub. He used to fly it around his farm in Vermont. He would sometimes fly when he was a litle tipsy. He once landed a little long and planted it nose down in a large hay pile, we know this, because it knocked him unconcious and when he came stumbling home, he kept asking if anyone had seen where he "left" his airplane. WHen we went to pul his plane out of the hay, the entire nose and part of the cowling and a good bit of hay, were covered in oi!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Subscribed....have loved this mystery for 20 yrs...

definitely weird and unexplained....

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: Rob48

I was just about to say that was either a bug or a blurd in the photo. But why does thi pic in your post look much cleaner than the origina photo?

That was the clearest version I could find online. The one in the OP looks almost like a sepia tone version from a newspaper.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just researched trying to find the original episode on "Unexplained Files" the full segment, the one that had the guy who researches lost pilots and which contained the audio of the sound that came from the missing pilot's cockpit. I found it on you tube, but they want $1.99 to view it. If interested, just type "missing pilot-unexplained files" and it should come up for you. You would want the episode that's about 45 minutes as listed. I would hope the sound heard is included on this segment.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Its a reenactment so pay 'em nothing

The original has never been played to a public audience.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I agree with Kandinsky here. Plus it's available to view for absolutely nothing.

The 'sounds' are at about 5 minutes in. But don't expect them to be from the real tapes.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And whilst I'm still here. This is the Ray Manifold photograph from the other thread. At first it was claimed that a US photolab confirmed it was solid object that appeared to be enveloped in a cloud of exhaust. Whilst (as ever with any UFO case!) another lab declared this was probably a "developing error" .

Click on pic to view it at full size.

Rob48 perhaps you'd like to comment. It's a screenshot from a TV documentary by the way.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Click on pic to view it at full size.

Rob48 perhaps you'd like to comment. It's a screenshot from a TV documentary by the way.

As I said, to me it looks pretty conclusively like a large insect, possibly a bee.

You can see legs and translucent wings.

I couldn't find an image with a flying insect at the right angle (slightly head on to the camera) but here's what I mean.

What does anyone else think?

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I found the links I was promising and they aren't related to the actual claim in the OP's news link. I saw the image of that smoke cloud and was reminded of talking with Mirageman in a Valentich thread from right here. rereading the thread gave me good buzz of nostalgia as the full Scooby Doo UFO team were all out in force

Having read the article, not so sure how far it'll go. Hard to picture a 30m UFO with an 8m airplane attached to it. Even if the farmer's tractor is held in evidence, there's no apparent way to prove the plane's ID was scratched into the paintwork before it was national news.

Like Gortex points out, the tape recording is practically MIA and not available for us peasants. Dick Haines has an original copy and it's anyone's guess how useful it'd be insofar as 'solving' the case. I think IsaacKoi was halfway to gaining access to the tape although that seems like quite a while ago. Curiosity value would be much higher than the odds of concluding the disappearance imo.

I personally find the account/story of the plane stuck to the outside of the UFO to be rather stupid - totally sounds like something made up.

In fact it matches a part of a fictional novel written by a Michigan native/aboriginal that was loosely based on the Kinross Incident. Sorry, can't remember the name of the book, was maybe something like "Muskrat Island". The author changed the location of the Kinross Incident from Lake Superior to Lake Michigan (due to misinformation provided by a UFO researcher). In the book there is a description of a man who witnessed the UFO crash into the lake with the F-89 stuck to the UFOs exterior. Of course, in this case, the author was just trying to write an interesting story - and it wasn't a bad attempt at such.

So anyone heard the one about the guy who met Valentich who told him he was now transporting vast quantities of earth's atmosphere to Mars or Venus? About as believable as this new story about the plane stuck to the outside of the UFO.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bluestreak53

The Kinross crash/mystery is a real kicker, huh? Since that time, the population has soared alongside new properties and a crucial tourist trade. Still that plane is nowhere to be found.

The Kinross story sounds cool; if you recall an author/title, I'll see if we can dig it up. It also highlights how UFO sighting reports are frequently tied up in fictional narratives.

Like you, I find the current story a little dubious and fine as a shaggy-dog story down the pub goes.

Hiya Rob. Maybe/probably? I'm not all in with the bug ID as the waves suggest a slower shutter speed than might be expected to capture a bug like that. What would you say? 1/60 to 1/250 in old money?

Whether it's contrived smoke from a firework or a passing bee* still doesn't alter my view that it had nothing to do with the missing aircraft.

* right time of year for bees in Australia

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thanks Rob.

I remember being unconvinced by the photo in the 1990s when I first saw it. But I am not entirely sure what I am looking at. I always suspected it was a flaw on the film. It may be a bug and there's, perhaps, a very remote possibility it's something extraordinary.

But the real mystery, of course, is what happened to Valentich?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What is this photo supposed to be showing>

The black blog. What is it?

Are there anymore photographs?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you very much. Actually I heard the sound, the "metallic noise" at about the 21 minute mark, and the older gentleman whose name I could not recall is seen here, a Dr. Haines. That is still a very strange noise/sound.a reply to: mirageman Dr. Haines claims that sound is the actual sound fwiw.

edit on 14am31am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: 300RYA
What is this photo supposed to be showing>

The black blog. What is it?

Are there anymore photographs?

We don't know what the photo shows.

If I remember rightly the photographer, Roy Manifold, did take 4 photos in all and none of the others show anything like it.

I seem to remember that he'd set a time lapse between the photos but will have to get back to you on these details after I've checked out the video again.

Addition to above :

According to the Unsolved Myseries DVD - Ray Manifold took 6 photgraphs of the sunset over Bass Strait that night. However he recalls not noticing anything in particular and no sound either.

Above are the original (bug?) photo and two more of the photos he took (click on them to enlarge).

I am not sure what the time sequence of the shots was but I've put them up for others to make a comparison.

The original part of this video can be found (at much lower quality than the DVD) at : This Link. It's about 5 mins in length.

edit on 14/8/14 by mirageman because: Added more information and photos

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well I have to say that I totally missed that when I watched the original showing of the episode.

But it does say "Actual Recording" implying it is the genuine sound. It is quite spooky.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You're not kidding mate, It's pretty hard to find out who this farmer was , especially when we only have a tape recording of a businessman re-telling the story, as it was told to him, by this anonymous farmer.

It's been a 12 month search, and no real progress so far.

If anyone wants to hear the actual sound made by the plane's prop hitting the unknown object, it is in the first episode of "Unexplained Files" . It's the actual "metallic noise".

I just joined this site because I might be able to answer some of your questions regarding this new development.

I read all your comments, and for once I saw people here were actually not nasty or dismissive.

I personally knew the pilot's father pretty well, many years ago.

It's no hoax, the missing pilots mother , grandmother, sisters and brother still have no closure in this case, and it's just 36 years ago this year.
cheers...

a reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 300RYA

No one knows for sure what the photo shows, but the local Kodak Lab examined the negative and confirmed that there was no fault in their emulsion. Roy never saw anything when he took the shot because he wasn't looking out to sea, he was timing the intervals between the exposures on his watch, counting the seconds. Looking at his watch.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Haines is telling the truth.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aussiepeacefrog
I believe him.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Australian researcher Keith Basterfield has just posted a blog entry about the National Archives collection of four digitised files on the Valentich disappearance.

Please see

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com.au...

for details of how to view/download them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join