It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel vs Hamas = Good vs Evil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: jdoors

So presumably by deliberately bombing schools and places where children are, you are doing something good and the lives of the children mean nothing to you in your black and white scenario? Just out of interest how many Israeli children have died through being bombed or shot by Palestinians? Go on give us numbers.

Well you gots to ask.....what kind of filth would pull a rocket launcher next to a school without warning the students to leave before firing? Instead they are blocking the exits and telling the kids to get down under the desks. Even bring more kids to the school if need be. Yep, pack it full then open fire! Oh that's leadership!

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There is no such thing as good or evil. Just shades of gray and frankly both Israel and Hamas are very dark shades of gray.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I was thinking it's more like Mike Tyson in his prime vs a blind guy in a wheel chair but I guess we all see things differently and that is what makes us unique.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

More disinfo. Israel's last conflict was with Hezbollah. Hezbollah hasn't been able to walk right since. Still cant get its head removed from orifice it was shoved up in their so hard. They ended up fleeing like little babies for the safety for Syria.

Hezbollah according to some Israeli's have a better equip army than most national armies in the world.. So I don't know where your getting this fleeing crap from. Israel actually got just as much as they gave in 2006 and Israel were very lucky they didn't attack the Lebanese capital. Unlike Hamas, Hezbollah can hit any target in Israel at any time.

And remember those Merkava tanks the Israeli's apparently have? Why is it they had to tow roughly 25% of their entire tank fleet back? It's because Hezbollah's tactics were something the IDF wasn't expecting. I even think an Abrams tank gets a mention in the below video. Doesn't look like it went to well either.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Actually, it's evil vs evil. The difference though, is that you would have thought israel - being apparently a jewish state - would be fully aware of the comparison between the jewish ghettos set up by the Nazis and their wholesale slaughter, and the way they are treating Palestinians - the people who actually belonged to the land taken to create israel.

You can try to tell anyone with half a brain that there is no comparing - there is. I just did it. Deny it - I dare you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: jdoors
I just wanted to state my position on the Israel / Hamas conflict in Gaza. I stand with Israel.Hamas builds tunnels in order to kill innocent civilians.Hamas fires rockets from Gaza into Israel, in order to kill innocent civilians. Israel has to spend millions of dollars every year on the Iron Dome . Because of the consent never ending attacks by Hamas. The only thing stopping the Palestinians from living in peace and prosperity is Hamas.

www.mi7.co...

If you say that trying to kill civilians and killing civilians is what makes Hamas evil then what do you think Israel is seeing how they have killed more civilians than Hamas could ever dream of killing. So if Hamas is evil then Israel must be purely Satanic.

Hamas loves it! So they have to eat a few of their young, their own. They have their eye set for bigger things like bursting into Jewish schools with weapons blazing! But they wont push big until they get the world so hating Israle for defending itself that no one will care. You can see it in threads like this, the slow and steady drip, drip of anti Jew gripe, mudding of waters of Hamas responsibility for militarizing the entirety of Gaza.

If this is true then why haven't they done it? According to Israel Hamas's tunnels were already going into Israel so why hasn't Hamas gone into one of these schools or farming communities and waste everyone? The only person they have grabbed from these tunnels according to Israel was a member of the IDF. It's becoming more and more apparent that Israel is feeding the world a line of BS when it comes to Hamas.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Choosing a side in such a conflict indicates one believes there is a reasonable excuse to kill other human beings. There isn't. Revenge is a game with no winners.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I just wanted to state my position on the Israel / Hamas conflict in Gaza. I stand with Israel.Hamas builds tunnels in order to kill innocent civilians.Hamas fires rockets from Gaza into Israel, in order to kill innocent civilians. Israel has to spend millions of dollars every year on the Iron Dome . Because of the consent never ending attacks by Hamas. The only thing stopping the Palestinians from living in peace and prosperity is Hamas.

www.mi7.co...

If you say that trying to kill civilians and killing civilians is what makes Hamas evil then what do you think Israel is seeing how they have killed more civilians than Hamas could ever dream of killing. So if Hamas is evil then Israel must be purely Satanic.

Hamas loves it! So they have to eat a few of their young, their own. They have their eye set for bigger things like bursting into Jewish schools with weapons blazing! But they wont push big until they get the world so hating Israle for defending itself that no one will care. You can see it in threads like this, the slow and steady drip, drip of anti Jew gripe, mudding of waters of Hamas responsibility for militarizing the entirety of Gaza.

If this is true then why haven't they done it? According to Israel Hamas's tunnels were already going into Israel so why hasn't Hamas gone into one of these schools or farming communities and waste everyone? The only person they have grabbed from these tunnels according to Israel was a member of the IDF. It's becoming more and more apparent that Israel is feeding the world a line of BS when it comes to Hamas.

They just do enough for now. They would have zero pity from anyone. And just look at the sort of turnaround they get from killing just a few hitchhikers. But when the time is right, if that time ever comes, they will act like ISIS, driving infidels to the tops of hills.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Gaza is hardly a ghetto by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Yes but they did flee and they did get their azz kicked even if they did demonstrate some fair military ability. Even Rabin said they were brave fighters. In the end big deal.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

muslims actually have a deep respect for christ.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
There is no such thing as good or evil. Just shades of gray and frankly both Israel and Hamas are very dark shades of gray.

Yea sure. But when need be folks that like to say this will always give Hamas a moral leg up in the thing. This idea of both being evil is really just a tactic being used to muddy up the waters. Few on here really give a rats azz if the two are moral equals.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Gaza is hardly a ghetto by any stretch of the imagination.

As a matter of fact I don't have to stretch my mind to figure it as exactly that.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have to say both sides here absolutely do have serious wrongs and serious issues to stand and account for at some stage. Long, enduring peace sure won't come with either the Israeli leadership seen today or militant fighting groups like Hamas provoking them to no end.

Hamas...is Hamas... What more needs said? Read their 1987 founding documents and it says all anyone needs to see in the core purpose and mission of that group.

Israel....favors collective punishment tactics. That is NO moral equivalent to dropping rocket artillery all over Israel, with a 'devil may care' attitude about whether it hits a School or a tree a mile from anything important. However....collective sanction against a population for the actions of a tiny minority of that population (10-15,000 Hamas among almost 2 million civilians) IS something seen in warfare before. (Not JUST world war II). I'm not aware of it working outside a totally broken population going into it, and it's sure having limited to an outright self defeating impact here.

Two lines of BAD conduct down two very different lines of context. One..offensive in nature and meant to provoke fights even they must admit they cannot ever win on a battlefield, while turning the population centers into as much a battlefield as anywhere. Two..the response that pushes the population even further into desperation by circumstance, and further into the hopelessness that feeds a group like Hamas it's recruits in the first place.

Let peace break out....then let the populations on both sides of the Gaza border buffer move to bring real change for a long term future. Starting with the war time leaders on both sides. War time leaders have a lot in common with a hammer. 'When you are a hammer....everything looks like a nail to pound'.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

muslims actually have a deep respect for christ.

Muslims have great respect for their version of Christ. You know Jesus, Mohamed's bootlicker and facilitator. Little or anything in even the most favorable interpretations of Christ, in the most liberal sects of Islam, looks anything like the real Jesus. I mean really. Do some research. Jesus tax being collected by ISIS and others. Yea real respect there.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I gave no leg up for either case. My statement was neutral towards who it was defending. I personally just want to leave the area and let them battle it out. Stop sending aid (money) to Israel. Stop trying to negotiate peace settlements. Just ignore them. Stop giving attention to that problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

www.mi7.co...

That would be all fine and dandy under the premise that Israel took the land fair and square, or if they were invaded from an outside force. It is a bit frustrating to have to debate whether or not someone has the right to defend stolen property. Yes, Israel is being attacked by all it's neighbors and yes, that must be frustrating for the average Israeli to live with. But what were they expecting?

I doubt this is Israels official argument, but most members here usually claim that Israel has a right to the land because the prior occupants attacked Israel and lost. So the land is forfeit. That would mean that Germany, Italy, Afghanistan, Iraq and a list of other countries land should also be forfeit.

The original settlements were given by Britain. I don't think there was another scenario following WW2 that saw any sort of dictatorship over a regions demographics, backed by any allied nation.

The reason this is not going to work is because occupations have never worked at any point in history. And that is one reason why I know it is an occupation, because it is not going to work.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So many people that could never exist within Islamic society on that fence taking the stance that "both sides" are evil....

How incredibly weak

Israel is the only thing that stands in the way of you and a philosophy that would eradicate you.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
To date 28 stars and 19 flags for the OP and only one post agreeing with it. Curious, it is almost like the pro Israeli threads are getting starred and flagged up on purpose.

I thought of that just before I saw EA006 post mention it. It is interesting. At the least, it shows that the pro-Israel can not enter debate with a general direction of right vs wrong. They usually need an angle they can start with and slap anyone that deviates from it. right vs wrong is not a debate pro-Israel wants to get into.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
So many people that could never exist within Islamic society on that fence taking the stance that "both sides" are evil....

How incredibly weak

Israel is the only thing that stands in the way of you and a philosophy that would eradicate you.

No, not it doesn't. You must be really used to posting on facebook if you think a line like that will go down here without being laughed at.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join