It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Homeowner Who Shot Unarmed Teen Girl Found Guilty Of 2nd Degree Murder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: intrepid

It's what Biden said to do.

And no, it's not okay to do that. As a "gun nut", I'm glad he was convicted. You cannot just blast people through the door. Even if shotgun Joe says so.

I also agree with the verdict, but I have to point out that Biden never said to take your shotgun and shoot and unarmed teenager through your screen door, that's a load of B.S.! If anything, that sounds more like something the right-wing echo chamber made up just to keep their willfully ignorant audience entertained.

What Biden said was that you don't need an AR15 to protect yourself at home and that a shotgun would do just fine. I think he also said that if threatened, a couple of warning shots in the air from a 12 ga. shotgun would probably be enough of a deterrent to keep anyone wishing to do you harm, at bay.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Someone pounds on your door isn't the normal reaction to say.. "Who is it?!?"....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
Someone pounds on your door isn't the normal reaction to say.. "Who is it?!?"....

Someone pounds on my door and it's, "WTF do you want?!"

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I said this case went to court. If she was damaged or the accident was severe enough I think they would have made a case for it. Considering she seemed uninjured and was drunk.. It's reasonable to doubt she was in shock, but ignoring my opinion seems like they would have had expert opinions on that matter if it were even considered the case.

I don't know why I am even defending, you are the one that made the huge assumption she was in shock. I am the one going off of the information provided.
edit on 7-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

For all we know he asked that. She didn't stay at the door. She apparently went all up and down the side of his house banging until her hands were injured.

More efficient way to scare someone than to get them to answer the door for you.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Actually his suggestion was even worse. He said to blindly fire it off to scare whoever away.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
I don't know why I am even defending, you are the one that made the huge assumption she was in shock.

I'm sorry. You're right. People in car accidents don't suffer shock. How could I have been so foolish?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Well.. we can't really say since we weren't there, but a doctor claimed she pounded the door, walls, and windows so hard she had bruising and abrasions on her hands and she was drunk (which is why she wrecked). I wonder why she sought help in such a dramatic manner if she was okay enough to pound on windows and wasn't seriously hurt?

That's not possible, if she was shot dead immediately after knocking, there is no way for bruises to have developed. It takes time for bruises to form. She was dead and the blood flow stopped long before that could have happened.

If such testimony came, it was surely from the defense, trying to exonerate their client by playing up the "dramatic manner" of her knocking, as you say.

It is possible, and was noted by a doctor whom i will trust over you.

There can be bruises as long as the damage occurred prior to death which it did. The area was already inflamed with bruises and cuts that had not started to heal because she was killed before death.

You don't have to take my work for it.. look it up. There have been news stories of the doctors testimony.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I don't know why I am even defending, you are the one that made the huge assumption she was in shock.

I'm sorry. You're right. People in car accidents don't suffer shock. How could I have been so foolish?

For a mod you are pretty proficient at trolling and taking comments out of context.

People of course do sometimes have shock from car crashes, but it is a minority of the time. What you are doing is pulling an excuse for her behavior out of the air. No evidence for it at all. If any authority or witness or doctor had said so then sure, but not it's basically just you saying it for the sake of.. i don't know argument?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

The evidence has been provided....Guilty.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

For all we know he asked that. She didn't stay at the door. She apparently went all up and down the side of his house banging until her hands were injured.

More efficient way to scare someone than to get them to answer the door for you.

The trial is over, testimony was reported and so it's pretty easy to figure out that your hypothetical is invalid. He never stated that he said anything. He said that he couldn't find his phone in the dark so he got his gun, went to the front door (because there was banging at the side of the house) and he saw a figure coming from the side of the house and shot her reflexively.

Here's a source.

Here's an exerpt from another:

Facing off with prosecutor Athina Siringas during a two-hour cross examination, Wafer said he must have disengaged the safety inadvertently and that his finger hit the trigger as a "total reflex reaction" when a figure suddenly appeared from the side as he stood in the doorway.
"You either shot on purpose because you were in fear, or the gun went off accidentally. Which one is it?" asked Siringas.
"I shot in fear," Wafer replied.
"So that means you shot on purpose?"
"Yes."

He shot a 19-year-old drunk girl who had crashed her car 1/2 a mile away, three hours earlier, in the face. Here, let me do a little more due diligence for you. No evidence of her being disoriented, concussed, possibly in shock? Testimony from the last person to see her before the shooting:

"I told her she was injured and we needed to get an ambulance," Beasley said. "I didn’t want to be intrusive, but I knew she was hurt."

Beasley said McBride appeared drunk, confused and was staggering and didn't know her home phone number when she asked for it. McBride walked away from the scene several times, according to Beasley, and disappeared before an ambulance arrived.

You keep talking about the bruises and injuries to the hand. Here's some expert testimony from the medical examiner who autopsied her body:

Kesha, who ruled McBride died from a shotgun wound to the head, said he did not see any injuries to her hands. A photograph, taken at the scene, showed her left hand with blood on it. Kesha testified the blood came from somewhere else.

Spitz — examining a picture taken of McBride’s hand at the scene — said it looks like the blood came from her hand. He said he would have made a cut to determine whether there was a bruise underneath the surface of her hand.

Kesha, though, said he wouldn’t needlessly cut into a body where there was no evidence of injuries, and said “I don’t disrespect the body like that.”

Spitz said the purpose of an autopsy is to “leave no leaf unturned.”

I understand playing devil's advocate but you're just being ridiculous.
edit on 2014-8-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's messed up...when I was younger my car broke down and I ended up knocking on someone's door at 9:30 at night in the middle of nowhere. I was fortunate that the people living there allowed me to use the phone..1980's.

This is really a shame that a kid get killed over this..that could have happened to any of our kids...

I did read that she had two swollen hands and that she may have been banging on multiple doors...still I'm thinking call the cops but it's still pretty horrible...

edit on 7-8-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It wasnt an accident. He fired through the door....he couldve backed through the house and removed himself from the situation. And he was an idiot as well for doing so.

*This man is in my neighborhood.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Just for the record: People in medical shock aren't able to run about the neighborhood beating on people's houses.
From this source: www.medicinenet.com...

Shock is a life-threatening medical condition and is a medical emergency. If shock is suspected call 911 or get to an emergency department immediately. The main symptom of shock is low blood pressure. Other symptoms include rapid, shallow breathing; cold, clammy skin; rapid, weak pulse; dizziness, fainting, or weakness. There are several types of shock: septic shock caused by bacteria, anaphylactic shock caused by hypersensitivity or allergic reaction, cardiogenic shock from heart damage, hypovolemic shock from blood or fluid loss, and neurogenic shock from spinal cord trauma.

So excuse me if I seriously doubt that you wandered around for several hours after your accident "in shock" because people in shock collapse quite rapidly. You were probably stunned or disoriented but shock is a far different condition.

Back to subject: I hope I never react the way this guy did.

Gogo: You're correct. Here's Joe telling women to buy a shotgun and fire it off.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

A white suburban Detroit homeowner was found guilty on Thursday of second-degree murder in the shooting of an unarmed black teen on his porch.

Okay, I don't see how murder fit with suggestion of premeditation and intent but okay.

Wafer also was found guilty of manslaughter and firearms charges and faces up to life in prison.

Also? Manslaughter? Was this girl Pregnant or am I missing another body somewhere?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
So what would you all do? Call the cops? or be the anti cops, self preserving bad asses you all pretend to be? I'd shoot and have no questions asked in the lovely state of Arizona.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Fargoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually his suggestion was even worse. He said to blindly fire it off to scare whoever away.

Really? Actually, he never said that either. Don't you people ever get tired of just sitting around, making sh#t up and convincing yourselves that it's true? I hope you realize that public displays of this type of self induce ignorance is both, appalling and pathetic.

Here's what he said;

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It's a tragic situation. He should've never shot. He should've just sat in a chair and waited for them to enter. But based on what I read, I don't think this young lady was robbing him. But keep in mind he does live in a high-crime area and was probably legitimately scared. Lesson here? Wait 'til they enter. And if it's just someone needing help, help them.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That is exactly what he said. To buy a double barrelled shotgun, fire off both rounds in the air to scare people off. Would only work on a moron who never seen a double barrelled shotgun before lol. Most people would see double barrelled shotgun, hear two booms, and know they are out of ammo and a sitting duck. Horrible advice.....

Shotgun with birdshot worked OK for me when I lived in an APT, now a human intruder is getting a 50 caliber AR15, no need to worry about hitting a neighbor now

edit on Fri, 08 Aug 2014 16:38:01 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Very sad, just verdict.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join