It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The virus lives on because it is slow to spread and quick to kill. By the time you realize who is infected, it has already moved on and multiplied in others.

Just wait til flu season hits and hospitals are overwhelmed with thousands believing they got infected. The healthcare system will be brought to it's knees as national panic takes hold. Then with everyone suspecting every else of being a carrier or infected, the disease will spread like fire. But the government talking heads will say nothing is wrong, move along, nothing here to see.

Next will come regional quarantines separating States or groups of States from each other, then counties and then communities. Civil unrest will follow with chaos breaking down governmental controls.

Next the virus and others like it will explode into the population and the final death knell of what was left of civilization will fallow, and then everyone is on there own. Infrastructure will collapse. No electricity, no food stores, no medicines. Starvation and lawlessness will come quickly and further pestilence will follow. In the end small groups of people fighting to live another day will be all that is left...

Oh, wait... That was "The Walking Dead." Never mind.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wonder if this is the facebook of the woman in the photo with Duncan at the airport??

Photo of woman in blue pants

Cnn was showing pictures of the son. Isthis his profile?

(I promise I am not one of THOSE people who stalk strangers on social media. Just looking to connect the dots.)

Karsiah said he has not seen his father since he was three years old, after his mother fled with him from civil war in Africa. The senior Duncan flew to the United States last month to rekindle his relationship with Karsiah and his mother.

On Tuesday evening — 16 years after their last visit — Karsiah drove to Presbyterian Hospital hoping to peer through a glass panel inside the isolation unit where his father is undergoing treatment.

Source

Is it Karish or Eric. Make up you mind people. It's confusing. (Also, is this a cultural thing to go by your middle name instead of your first? I mean no disrespect. Just curious. ) I noticed that father and son both go by their middle names which both happen to be Eric. Which leads me to speculate: Did Eric Sr. use Eric Jr's passport residency information to enter this country since Eric Sr. had issues in the past getting a visa??

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

#1 I was just annoyed with the poor wording. I wanted to point out the bad journalism that could led people to assume. And we know what happens when we assume....

#2: If that was the case then why wait almost 20 years? It's not like he was in a rush before.

#3 I am with you. I think he and the family knew. They aren't showing symptoms that we know of. I am staring to wonder if they have symptoms or the disease and CDC/government is hiding them to prevent panic. Purely unfounded speculation. Unlikely, but not improbable. Feel free to go down that rabbit hole if you like. People here are really freaked out and asking all sorts of questions. Even more know with the 2nd confirmed case and the boyfriend is being "monitored". They are frustrated with the lack of answers, misinformation and out right lies. If they confirmed the family has the disease, I think, they [the state government] would be worried of protests/riots. A riot in Dallas would be very hard to contain with out intervention.

edit on 10/14/2014 by blackcatmagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My friends niece just returned from Sierra Leone the other day. She is a health care worker that has been over there since the start of this thing. She said that it's 5 to 10 times as bad as our media is saying. I thought it was twice as bad. Anyway, she also said that they are just putting people down who have it. Said that it's pretty much a 0% chance that they will survive if it isn't caught as soon as the symptoms arrive. If they are too far gone they just kill them. If that's true than this is way worse than they are telling us.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946

I would need other proof of that, as that would break several international laws...

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am going to post everything I have just recently poste in the hope of the right eyes reading.
I am not saying im right but I would like to atleast take the possibility out of the equation if I may.

Ebola or the effects of the Corexit gulf of Mexico oil dispersant poisons? 
Check out link here for what Dr Susan Shaw says rwgarding Corexit.....very similar symptoms to Ebola.. 

All videos come up as an error. 

Corexit caused internal bleeding apparently. 

Think food chains.

Check out what Dr Susan Shaw says about Corexit

I would like to share sometgingvthat I have just realised......well realised may not be the right word but maybe a coincidence. 

Corexit...... 

Toxicologists: Corexit “Ruptures Red Blood Cells, Causes Internal Bleeding”, “Allows Crude Oil To Penetrate “Into The Cells” and “Every Organ System” 

Posted on July 9, 2010 by WashingtonsBlog 

As I have previously noted, Corexit is toxic, is less effective than other dispersants, and is actually worsening the damage caused by the oil spill. 

Now, two toxicologists are saying that Corexit is much more harmful to human health and marine life than we’ve been told. 

Specifically Gulf toxicologist Dr. Susan Shaw – Founder and Director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute – dove into the oil spill to examine the chemicals present. 

Dr. Shaw told CNN: 

If I can tell you what happens — because I was in the oil — to people… 

Shrimpers throwing their nets into water… [then] water from the nets splashed on his skin. … 

[He experienced a] headache that lasted 3 weeks… heart palpitations… muscle spasms… bleeding from the rectum… 

And that’s what that Corexit does, it ruptures red blood cells, causes internal bleeding, and liver and kidney damage. … 

This stuff is so toxic combined… not the oil or dispersants alone. … 

Very, very toxic and goes right through skin. 

The reason this is so toxic is because of these solvents [from dispersant] thatpenetrate the skin of anything that’s going through the dispersed oil takes the oil into the cells — takes the oil into the organs… and this stuff is toxic to every organ system in the body. … 

Similarly, marine biologist and toxicologist Dr. Chris Pincetich – who has an extensive background in testing the affects of chemicals on fish – says that Corexit disrupts cell membranes. 

He also explains that EPA toxicity testing for Corexit is woefully inadequate, since EPA testing for mortality usually only requires a 96-hour time frame. His doctoral research found that fish that were alive at 96 hours after exposure to pesticide were dead at two weeks, so the chemicals were considered non-lethal for the purposes of the test. 

Drs. Shaw and Pincetich are wildlife conservationists. But even industry scientists working forExxon and the manufacturer of Corexit itself admit that the stuff is toxic. 

Now if you take into account the symptoms of Corexit and then take into account the symptoms of Ebola it seems quite a coincidence. 

So 

COREXIT used as a poison to create this Ebola outbreak? 

Consumption of corexit laced food would cause similar symptoms perhaps???? 
Just a thought. 

I know I may be wrong ok just thinking out loud.

You following?

Something like this would take time id assume?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

Not even a possibility. Ebola is a disease. The people who are now sick in the USA have Ebola. They do not have any type of chemical poisoning. To think otherwise is ludicrous.
edit on 14-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1mpl3m3nt
I find it implausible that it spreads mainly by blood, urine, and semen. Doctor's and Healthcare workers don't just go touching other patients blood and urine, especially in these "ebola isolation hospitals" where they are taking precautions and still getting infected. I doubt all the nurses are having sex with Ebola patients in their off time.

I think its being spread into the air more easily then they are admitting.

OR it is being spread through sweat and it's absorbed through the skin just by touching something someone else touched, but even that likely wouldn't explain why so many healthcare workers are getting it, especially trained doctors.

Which makes CDC being deceptive on it's transmission route. IMO.

I said this in a previous thread but no responses so I'll say it again,

I was always told that a virus could spread before any symptoms appear in the infected person therefore is contagious before the person is showing symptoms.
This has confused me because the cdc is saying ebola cannot be spread until the infected is symptomatic? the flu is spread this way... before symptoms appear

The Flu Is Contagious

Most healthy adults may be able to infect other people beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children may pass the virus for longer than 7 days. Symptoms start 1 to 4 days after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those persons may still spread the virus to others.
www.cdc.gov...
I believe we haven't heard the whole truth about Ebola ,how it's spread nor how bad it really is.
edit on 14-10-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2014 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

It depends on the type of virus. The cold and flu for example can spread before symptoms appear and after they subside. That is why they are so easy to spread. Ebola does not behave this way.

Also, that person was way off in their understanding of the disease.

Once a person is symptomatic it is in their sweat, their spit, pretty much any fluid leaving their body. These people aren't going to the hospital because they are fine...they are going to the hospital because they are symptomatic. Nurses then handle these symptomatic people before they realize they have Ebola. Sometimes (Like the case with the Nurse) they break protocol (probably accidentally because they aren't properly trained) and end up catching it.
edit on 14-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fromabove
The virus lives on because it is slow to spread and quick to kill. By the time you realize who is infected, it has already moved on and multiplied in others.

Just wait til flu season hits and hospitals are overwhelmed with thousands believing they got infected. The healthcare system will be brought to it's knees as national panic takes hold. Then with everyone suspecting every else of being a carrier or infected, the disease will spread like fire. But the government talking heads will say nothing is wrong, move along, nothing here to see.

Next will come regional quarantines separating States or groups of States from each other, then counties and then communities. Civil unrest will follow with chaos breaking down governmental controls.

Next the virus and others like it will explode into the population and the final death knell of what was left of civilization will fallow, and then everyone is on there own. Infrastructure will collapse. No electricity, no food stores, no medicines. Starvation and lawlessness will come quickly and further pestilence will follow. In the end small groups of people fighting to live another day will be all that is left...

Oh, wait... That was "The Walking Dead." Never mind.

Unfortunately, I have been imagining that your description is exactly what will happen. I even said to my husband the other day that if Ebola goes out of control, we will be living like The Walking Dead, without the zombies. He said "God I hope not."

I can't help having the nagging feeling that Ebola is taking hold right now and some time next week, or the week after there will be an explosion of Ebola cases. I predict we will see Monrovia, and then Liberia fall.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lspilot6946
My friends niece just returned from Sierra Leone the other day. She is a health care worker that has been over there since the start of this thing. She said that it's 5 to 10 times as bad as our media is saying. I thought it was twice as bad. Anyway, she also said that they are just putting people down who have it. Said that it's pretty much a 0% chance that they will survive if it isn't caught as soon as the symptoms arrive. If they are too far gone they just kill them. If that's true than this is way worse than they are telling us.

OMG.......that is so terrible. And it's another reason for the media blackout I'll bet.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

I think you forgot the ill-conceived, poorly tested vaccine forced upon everyone that instead of curing creates zombies.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcatmagic
IMHO, Duncan was Duncan, but you've raised some very interesting questions.
I myself wonder who paid for the tickets?
Numerous sources claim that his tickets were purchased through an accredited Nigerian travel agency, and they were paid by UPS. He had worked for a Liberian cargo company (FedEx, I believe) as the personal driver of the manager. Duncan quit his job on Sept 4th, and the tickets were purchased later.

I have a timeline HERE.

edit on 14-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill
Howdy , A few more points worth searching for regards the actual Virus called Ebola. Considering such was said to have first been diagnosed was 1976. Do you not think our Global experts, WHO, UN, Biologist, Microbiologist etc. Have not had both time and reason to search out the Original Source of Such ????? Could it in fact be a River parasite that has somehow mutated, or changed??? Could such be related to deep inner soil and the aged Fungi that is way down deep ??? After all large Oil companies etc. have been Drilling in the present infected zones since the early 70s. I am searching hard, and wonder just how close related such could be to Rabies seeing as it is a Rhabidviridae form. It is by the way mRNA which does reduce the task of experienced Bio experts. Unlike a Flu virus it is enveloped in a membrane, could that be of a deep forest plant/yeast/or soil agent ??? Anything found will be forwarded, bye for now.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Thank you. I missed your thread some how. I was looking for some kind of ticket information and couldn't find a thing. Good work.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: steaming

The source seems to be bats:

Source of Ebola?

While Kitum cave hasn't solidly been proven to be an active reservoir of Ebola, other caves have found the virus within the bats who inhabit them.

These bats are eaten by locals as well as by monkeys, and then the monkeys are also eaten by locals.

Bush meat (Wild Pigs, Bats, Monkeys etc) seems to be the source of Ebola.

In September 2007, similar expeditions to active mines in Gabon and Uganda found solid evidence of reservoirs of Marburg in cave-dwelling Egyptian fruit bats. The Ugandan mines both had colonies of the same species of African fruit bats that colonize Kitum Cave, suggesting that the long-sought vector at Kitum was indeed the bats and their guano. The study was conducted after two mine workers contracted Marburg in August 2007, both without being bitten by any bats, suggesting the virus may be propagated through inhalation of powdered guano.

edit on 15-10-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
We are watching CNN..

I was listening to the Hospital statement being read..

I hate to say this, but I think the nurse is dead...

Something in the responses set it off.. I hope I am wrong..

I am going to do what most do not do.. Place the call down..

The nurse has died and they are in DC mode

I want to see if my gut feelings are correct compared with thoughts.. A measuring stick for me..

Conclusion
We will know in three days..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

Over at zerohedge there is a tweet from a CBS5 repoter saying Dallas officials are declaring a 'state of disaster' tommorrow at 2.00 pm,sounds ominous if true

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

marshal law in dallas...

I cannot wait to see how they do that...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Doctors in West Africa say that any doctors or nurses that treat Ebola patients, even in Hazmat suits, need to have all their clothes incinerated after they finish treatment to avoid contamination.

Doctors in the laughingly called "best health care in the world" system in the Western World say that hospital gowns, gloves, and surgical masks are enough, and send their workers home wearing the same clothes they came to work in.

At one of the best hospitals in the country, they can't even pass long information from the intake nurse to the practicing doctor correctly. The UN is basing their Ebola protection protocol on flawed information, while ignoring the advice of doctors in West Africa that have been dealing with thousands of cases.

What makes the least sense to me is that they're saying they have 9,000 cases, and are expecting 1.4 million by January, with an expected infection rate of 10,000 per week pretty soon. I can do simple math, and unless there is some sort of major infection event that they know about that we don't, their basic mathematics just doesn't add up.

So many of the claims of the Western Media and the Western powers that be just don't add up, that this is how conspiracies start.

The media is trying to say that Ebola won't transmit over air, isn't easily transmitted, and isn't a threat. However, the President of the United States cancels a foreign visit to attend "an emergency session on Ebola" with just THREE reported cases in the country, and sends 160,000 HAZMAT suits to Western Africa.

The actions of those at the top don't line up with the actions of people who are dealing with a "low infection risk, not easily transmitted' virus.

The actions of those at the top are those of people panicking over an easily transmitted virus, with high infection risk, with a lot more cases known about than what's being reported.

Presidents don't cancel overseas trips for a disease with THREE cases and a low rate of infection.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join