It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Facts, Opinions, and Speculations.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Suspected case in Greece

Greece said today it was running tests on a man suspected of carrying the Ebola virus. The Greek man, an architect who had recently travelled to Nigeria, was undergoing tests at an Athens hospital, a health ministry spokesman said. - See more at: www.independent.mk...

UPDATE:

This second suspected case in Greece this week , also has malaria
Link

Guess we have to get used to all these suspected cases popping up for awhile

edit on 8-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: reletomp

That is incorrect. The ZMAP serum contains a combination of enzymes that eliminate the receptors on the RNA structure of the virus so that it cannot combine with proteins and effectively dies. It is an anti-viral treatment, not a vaccine. Antibodies play no part in the biochemistry of ZMAP.

And the RNA structure of the Ebola virus means that your 'Horse' plan wouldn't work. Since in a horse the genetic expression is DNA based. All you're going to do if you inject a horse with ebola antibodies is waste your precious antibodies.

In the tobacco plant, the genetic code of the enzyme is reproduced in the RNA of the plant, allowing the enzyme to grow at an increased rate than if it's left in a test tube.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CINY8
Page is 404'd
I saw that earlier in the week unless it's a new one.

Here's another source
ETA

A hospital in Brampton, Ont., has instituted heightened infection control procedures after a patient who had recently visited Nigeria was brought in with fever and flu-like symptoms. Nigeria is one of the countries affected by the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The patient has been isolated at William Osler Health System’s Brampton Civic Hospital, which Peel Region health officials stress is purely precautionary given the patient’s travel history.

CBC
e dit on 8-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

radio station source: www.news1130.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Calls flooding in of people and medical staff reporting possible ebola cases in the United States

A flood of calls, but no confirmed Ebola cases Federal health officials are facing a surge in reports of possible Ebola cases from hospitals and health departments, none of which have been confirmed but which highlight a moment of growing domestic concern about an outbreak that has claimed over 800 lives in Africa.

TIME
Well they've asked to monitor everyone who appears sick and was in Africa.
Nothing to fret over. This will continue for some time

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JG1993
Thanks. I edited my post with another source that works.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
They say laughter is the best medicine, but do not watch this if you cannot appreciate humor in somewhat poor taste. I'm pretty sure some will appreciate this:

Should be safe for any viewing environment, I just can't guarantee it won't offend anyone...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: NavyDoc

Hi Navydoc, can i ask a medical question? I saw yesterday on the congressional discussion on the outbreak that Ebola is not contagious in incubation]/] until the fever and symptoms present. Is that correct?

Though they were being intellectually dishonest ... yes, that is technically correct. Any place the living virus exists is infected. If the virus exists inside a human host, that host is in-fact capable of transmitting the virus to another person. It's almost a moot point, as any patient the medical community sees is most likely presenting symptoms already.

What you're not seeing in the news is this:
The virus exists outside of a human host.
The human host contracts the virus. (Infected)
The virus multiplies. (Infectious)
The virus overwhelms the host and begins shedding. (Contagious)
The host survives the infection. (Infectious)
The virus can no longer reproduce inside the host. (Infected)
The virus can no longer reproduce itself at all.

Almost any virus can take up residence in the eyes and remain dormant there for an indeterminate period.

That's what I like about zombie movies. You usually see the point of infection (the bite) ... and there are always empathetic potential hosts who remain just within biting range. The point of the story is not subtle: You can't trust the infected. When you see medical staff running for their lives, remember the impact this slogan had on your psyche ...

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

That is incorrect. The ZMAP serum contains a combination of enzymes that eliminate the receptors on the RNA structure of the virus so that it cannot combine with proteins and effectively dies. It is an anti-viral treatment, not a vaccine. Antibodies play no part in the biochemistry of ZMAP.

And the RNA structure of the Ebola virus means that your 'Horse' plan wouldn't work. Since in a horse the genetic expression is DNA based. All you're going to do if you inject a horse with ebola antibodies is waste your precious antibodies.

In the tobacco plant, the genetic code of the enzyme is reproduced in the RNA of the plant, allowing the enzyme to grow at an increased rate than if it's left in a test tube.

sound like antibodies to me that they eliminate receptors. enzymes?
could it possibly that the takenura company that is making the so called 3 antibodies?

If such enzymes can cure ebola another company can reproduce them way much faster by implanting them in bacteria. the bacteria increase exponentially the company called Ablynx.

However, I really doubt it that the medicine saved them, but the blood transfusion. Since the donor was rehabilitationg from a severe disease they would had only took small amounts of blood,
Dr Bently reportedly did take blood, why??

The patient blood contain after recovery antibodies of the viruses that saved him in the first place, but in very large ammounts since after the battle the antibodies amounts stays te same as the body produced during battle -sickness ie symptoms.
The blood also contain a lot of viruses (the defeated party on the run) who would also add active immunity for the body will have a chance to build antibodies on its own.
The difference between succombing to the disease or surviving it, is the amount of antibodies.

When Dr bently was sick his body was making large amounts of antibodies but there were not enough, that few viruses are still loose (you need same sum of antibodies as the sum of viruses.
by adding just little extra antibodies, there will be a match in numbers. with all viruses tied to antibodies they can not attach to cells because their receptors are occupied with the receptors on the surface of the antibodies.

if the antibodies added late in the battle ie when the person close to death that is when the antibodies do their miracle because the body had just made huge amounts but not enough.

if the added antibodies were added to the sick in the beginning of the battle, then the patient will need more of the antidies because he did not made large amounts of antibodies, or did not at all but in the process of making.

so it is imperative to delay the added antibodies to give the body time to try its own solutions and completely get introduced to the virus and make memory of it (Memory T cells). once the body learned how to make the correct antibodies and the correct killer t cells, then he needs to continue to the finish line(end of battle ). from then on everytime the body is faced with the virus there wont be time needed to study the virus because its in memory lane (data storage in lymph nodes), the body in just seconds make large amounts of the antibodies and the killer t cells know exactly what to do.
the virus cannot hurst the body even if it was injected to the body by large amounts. the viruses will be instantly engaged by ready huge army of all kind of specialties.

also when the virus is attached to the antibody, their combined size bigger that can be identified by Lymphocyte cells (T cells) first the T killer cell that bombard the virus and the phago cell that will swallow it and dissolve it into pieces literally digesting it.
edit on 8-8-2014 by reletomp because: (no reason given)

(post by funkadeliaaaa removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
virus enters body (body inoculated by virus.

viruses do dry runs all over, and stealthy reproduction inside cells from all over the body to find the best place/places for that specific body( like the wash cycle in laundermat), body starts making antibodies-body tests positive to exposure to virus-ie existance of antibodies specific to virus)--body is no symptoms-body is infectious-nobody knows that body is infected untill test comes positive. if poitive--then isolation and wait for symptoms.

all viruses enter cells for the great reproduction whammy--(like the rinse cycle in laundermat machine) body not infectious because all viruses are in cells now--body feels sick and show symptoms.
Viruses break out of cells in tandum in a huge explosion( bigger symptoms-bleeding all over), body reacts with huge allergic reaction to the huge number of foreign bodies-viruses and their venum or toxin in blood stream, ending in death.

body respond with great allergic reaction that consumes a lot of resources and flood organs with water (flood lungs with water so breathing is hard and not enough). Kidneys shut off and get clogged with virus cartels venum toxin- glued particles.
Body looses water of the blood with lots of antibodies to the periphery where antibodies are good as nothing on the boils and exposed ulcers wounds etc.

if patient still survived inspite of all this, the battle continues because by this time body had made huge amounts of antibodies matching huge amounts of viruses. viruses are as good as nothing. they are chased every where even to outside the body, viruses take opportunity to jump on a nearby object hoping to inoculate another host (human, mice, rats, donkeys, pigs, monkeys, etc)--body infectious.

after end of few days matching the days of the incubation period (or rather the distance between two slopes of epidemic next to each other, very close to inoculation period), body is clean of virus-not infectious, body have great antibodies to the virus that virus no longer relevant. body can take large amounts of virus with out being infected or even one cell being inoculated by virus, reproduction of virus in cells can not happen.

incubation period or rather time between two slopes has nothing to do with human hosts, but viruses that are programmed to work together in an internal clock. the shorter the incubation period the worse the disease is .
edit on 9-8-2014 by reletomp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was curious what influential organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) might be saying and advising about the Ebola outbreak. For those not familiar with the CFR, it's an organization frequently identified with The Powers That Be (TPTB). Depending who you ask, it's anywhere from an arm of the Illuminati to an organization of extremely influential people in politics, foreign policy, business, and media.

There's no denying the fact many people in places of power and influence in the USA are members of the CFR and the CFR has a very strong influence on American government policy. Given that these are at least the go-to people recommending high-level action plans and policies, I found this recording of a CFR conference call (on the CFR website, posted August 5, 2014) to be alarming:

CFR Conference Call on Ebola Audio

The conference call was moderated by Robert McMahon, editor of CFR.org, and also featured Laurie Garrett, CFR's senior fellow for global health, and John Campbell, former U.S. ambassador to Nigeria and CFR's senior fellow for Africa policy studies. There is also a transcript here:

CFR Transcript: The Ebola Outbreak

The audio of the call is even more disturbing than the transcript, because you can hear the emotions. Draw your own conclusions, but I hear fear, despair, and relative hopelessness. From the transcript, though, here are a few things that really struck me:

MCMAHON: The health professionals on the ground in West Africa are saying, you know, the outbreak is out of control. What is the latest state of play on efforts to bring it under control or at least to try to contain it?

GARRETT: It is, indeed, out of control. It has been for quite some time. I don't think it's clear that it ever was in control at any given moment since it first broke out in March in Guinea.

...the military has been brought into help try to maintain some semblance of control, but every report I'm getting from the ground has health care workers describing themselves as in a state of fear, even of siege, feeling that the populations despise and loathe them, and that rumors are rife that they are actually deliberately infecting people, cutting off people's arms, and selling them on some alleged international market and even claims that there are health care workers who are foreign cannibals.

MCMAHON: So you mentioned the appeal for help from MSF [Doctors without Borders - ikonoklast], among others, and they're one of the lead agencies on the ground there. There isn't any kind of international yet sort of rapid response team that gets called into play, but there are international organizations or large national organizations that are getting mobilized, isn't that right at this point?

GARRETT: Well, it's true. ...But we don't have -- I know that there's a myth out there, and people believe that there's some kind of giant WHO office in Geneva stock full of specialized response equipment, skilled, talented health care workers, and they have their own special jet and they go swooping into epidemics. This is absolutely ludicrous.

Not only do we not have any such thing, the WHO is essentially bankrupt and has only the power of rhetoric in order to try -- and of the international health regulations in order to try and move the ball forward.

GARRETT: ...we don't have any plan at all and we never really have had, except as lip service, for what we do when a highly contagious, but more importantly highly fear-evoking microbe hits a major urban center. We've made movies about it. I participated in the script development for "Contagion," where we thought it through. There have been any number of tabletop exercises done by our Defense Department, CIA and so on, imagining such things.

But the truth is, if this Ebola shows up in a city like Lagos, like Abuja, like any -- Dakar in Senegal and starts to evoke the kind of fearfulness responses that we're seeing in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea already, all bets are off. We have no strategic plan.

MCMAHON: John...

CAMPBELL: Well, and all bets are off, because these then have political consequences. I mean, you have the breakdown of order. I mean, it goes on and on.

MCMAHON: Well, thanks to both of you for framing the issues. At this point in the call, I just want to remind everyone, this is an on-the-record conference call, CFR conference call...

I wonder what an off-the-record call would have sounded like.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
UGANDA TESTS FIRST SUSPECTED EBOLA CASE IN EAST AFRICA

ABU DHABI, (WAM) — News reports on Friday said a suspected case of Ebola had been detected in Uganda, the first such report from East Africa. A traveler from South Sudan had been isolated with Ebola-like symptoms of fever and physicians were awaiting the results of tests, officials of Uganda’s Heath Ministry were quoted by Uganda’s newspaper Daily Monitor as saying. The patient had reportedly been working with the International Organisation for Migrants in neighbouring South Sudan where no cases of the Ebola virus have been reported, according to the paper. He was referred to Kampala for treatment after he exhibited symptoms of Hepatitis B disease. The Ebola suspect was identified during a screening exercise on Wednesday at Entebbe Airport where he had arrived aboard an Ethiopian Airlines flight, Director-General of Health Services at the ministry, Dr Jane Aceng, told the paper. Uganda’s last known outbreak of Ebola was in 2012, the paper said.

Source

Suspected Ebola cases under scrutiny in Ghana:

Health authority in Ghana said it is awaiting test results of four new suspected Ebola cases in the country. The first is a Burkina Faso national with nose bleeding and fever who was rushed across boarder to the northeastern Bawku town, and died later. Fears are that he may have had close contact with many Ghanaian port and medical officials. The body had since been sent back to Burkina Faso, but blood samples are being tested to ascertain the ailment. The other three being quarantined at the Nsawam government hospital near the capital. Official sources said one of them was showing symptoms of the deadly ebola virus disease. Endi

Source

Need to keep an eye on all these suspected cases.

Any news on the Toronto one?
edit on 9-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What is taking so long to get test results back from suspected Toronto case? It seems Africa is quicker at confirming.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Ikon. Thank you...thank you...thank you!

This needed to be posted. Those of you who keep chirping that all is under control, I hope you go back and read the transcript Ikon posted.

Folks...these are the mover and shakers of money, power, and industry globally.

If they have no game plan, and are far better informed than we can ever hope to be...AND, they are scared of the global implications of where this situation might be heading....you better rethink how safe you think the bubble you live in really is.

Because people move around in crowded places, use MASS transportation. And the nutcases who would like nothing better than help mankind along in self destruction. I'll tell you my game plan, I've already done some online ordering for.

If things start to go South in some densely packed areas... ALL medical facilities will need to ramp up in being prepared for staff to have constant access to basics in protection. Latex or neoprene gloves and your basic face mask for covering nose and mouth. Plus every country will be stocking up on those items also.

I've already ordered a small case of each now, in the event they are needed in the future. If not, I'll donate them to our local family clinic later. But if they become scarce they will become expensive. I'm just covering that basic possible need.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, but living the prepper mentality, it's what I do...try to think ahead, and be prepared.

Des

edit on 9-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Good summary of where it started, today's NYTimes.
Tracing Ebola's Breakout to an African 2-Year-Old

Ebola crisis: Guinea closes borders with Sierra Leone and Liberia

Guinea closed its borders with Sierra Leone and Liberia on Saturday in a bid to halt the spread of an Ebola epidemic that has killed nearly 1,000 people in the three countries this year.

Authorities said the decision was taken primarily to prevent infected people crossing into Guinea, a country where at least 367 people have died of Ebola since March and 18 others are being treated in isolation.

edit on 8/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Great post/threads, BTW. I just simply haven't had time to read through the entire thread so hope I'm not repeating anything...here goes

!) If this Ebola is mainly a bodily fluid concern, then why hasn't ALL air flight been suspended immediately? Not even gonna fight about the in the airplane contamination possibilities...how about the TSA procedures? I hate to be gross about it, but lets face it, the TSA use the same gloves over and over, they touch crotch areas...can't always say "bodily fluids" of one kind or another don't get on those gloves. Next one up gets handled and the gloves just keep passing along those pearls of joy....or not.

2) This constant crap relevant to airborne versus bodily fluids....guess what....if someone sneeze snot on you it is both airborne AND bodily fluid. Someone else here did post studies about how far sneeze fluid/droplets can travel through the air...so, the "fluid" IS flying through....guess what...the air...traveling via the air. The CDC and other agencies keep changing their "news" about whether it is airborne or not.

3) Ebola is serious. They are concerned about developing "treatments" and possible vaccines here and not concerned about closing borders and air travel...sound bassackwards to me.

4) EARLY symptoms of Ebola can seem at first to be flu before the other horrible symptoms appear. That being said is interesting in light of the fact that an executive order just got signed relevant to apprehension/containment of folks presenting with respiratory symptoms...no where in the order was Ebola mentioned. I bet this flu season is gonna e a doozie in that case. Will folks with "flu" get contained with Ebola cases...would sure be a way to mix and match and confuse.

5)One of the experimental vaccines being talked about mentions the mixing of rabies vaccine with whatever else to protect against the Ebola...that sounds really "off" right there. Foaming at the mouth Zombies spraying blood anyone?

Sure, speculations will be called fear mongering by the usual suspects that keep popping up all of a sudden and shouting us down. I hope it IS all speculation and it all goes away like a bad dream but this thread said bring on facts/opinions/speculations so that is what we do. No one sane is wishing for this disease or any other disease for that matter...it is what it is. Time will tell what this is all about. It just seems this disease scenario came on so fast and furious that it gives one pause for thought...so much conflicting info from the actual "experts" makes ya wonder.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

you had me goose chasing, but the ZMAP med is indeed 3 MAB (monoclonal Anti bodies)
they connect to the virus. they are not enzymes. they are cloned into the tobacco plant dna to reproduce and then harvest them. this is GM Genetically Modified plants Monsato favorite. But the other medicine from Takimura is prevent RNA of virus from entering a cell----
comparing ZMAPP and Tekmira-ebola medications

The Horse is not injected with the antibodies but with the dead virus and the horse body make antibodies against the dead virus (or live attenuated virus=weakened )

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegalm

4) EARLY symptoms of Ebola can seem at first to be flu before the other horrible symptoms appear. That being said is interesting in light of the fact that an executive order just got signed relevant to apprehension/containment of folks presenting with respiratory symptoms...no where in the order was Ebola mentioned. I bet this flu season is gonna e a doozie in that case. Will folks with "flu" get contained with Ebola cases...would sure be a way to mix and match and

The EO does say that it doesn't apply to the flu.
But! Speculation: If a large scale outbreak does occur in the US, the labs will be swamped with blood tests. They won't be able to keep up with them. So, everyone gets rounded up and tossed into a camp, "public safety" is priority number one after all...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The BBC reported last week that border guards had issued a statement, to the effect of "we are not prepared for Ebola". The following day an elderly lady entering the country was thought to be infected, luckily she was attended to and found to not have the virus. The next day an unnamed politician said," the British public have absolutely no need to worry about an epidemic on our shores."

I have read numerous threads here on ATS describing the unlawful practices of the U.S. media. I feel it is now time for my American cousins to make space for another passenger, because we are now all in the same boat. The English media has become a hideous show, complete with stirring music and heroic images of reporters trying to get that little bit nearer than the competition, to the bullets and the bodies....without other sources of information this non-news would drive me insane.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join