It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independance & Possible Huge Oil Discovery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Soloprotocol

If Scotland wins independence then The Scots had better start building some new houses. There is a nett balance off 400,000 Scots living in England that would have no right to remain here.
The actual figure of Scots living in England is just short of 800,000. Deduct the 400,000 English living in Scotland, and then do the maths.

Feel free to ethnically cleans England of the Scots then..Kick them out at your peril.
Just as many English up here as well, but you dont see us kicking them out, we do the complete opposite and welcome them with open arms so much so, they will be allowed to vote ye or nae for independence.

Maybe that's what makes us a better class of Native.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Hate Much.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Thing is, all 27 members must approve any new members and I don't see Spain agreeing to this as it sets a bad precedent, in their eyes.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you do go independent and the Tories win the election next May I'll be emigrating up there come next September

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
This whole thread is a lesson in listening to utter bollocks from the "yes" camp.

Who knows how much oil there is around the shores of the British Isles and how much of that is economically extractable. The "known and proven" reserves show the peak has been reached and declining revenues will impact Scotland's aspirations to be (er) rich. If people are willing to bank their future on a "just imagine if" view then they will be disappointed.

The Scottish independence debate is based on a trip into the unknown based on promises by the SNP who have nothing to lose because it's a one way ticket. It plays to the "yes" crowd to make the unknown seem better, because if they are wrong it would be too late.

Anyway, Shetlanders want to be independent from Scotland. If Scotland can be independent and then why not them? That would really push a pile of crap on Scotland. Scotland with no oil is just tartan, deep fried Mars bars, Mel Gibson and Salmond. Even the universities will suffer with the reduced access to UK research grants, so expect the rich academic landscape to dwindle into mediocrity.

Regards

We are Awe Doomed...Doomed i tell ye....lol....this is a joke, right?

Another couple of bits of information you might like to take in.
Scotland overpays for UK Debt
Stronger Economy than you might think
edit on 5-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: KingIcarus

Thing is, all 27 members must approve any new members and I don't see Spain agreeing to this as it sets a bad precedent, in their eyes.

Spains Captain Barbossa has his own agenda with Catalonia wanting to break away from Spain. That's why he is never done being asked the question about Scots independence by the BBC...
More Doom and Gloom and negativity and down right lies from the No Camp, it's all they got.
As i said...Fool us once.

Barbossa will be put in his place and told to STFU if and when we ask to join the EU.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Don't try deflecting paraphi's perfectly good rant with a little thing like facts.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just a thought...Maybe will will ask to become Americas 51st State or become the second federal district alongside DC. sound like a plan. Ahhh, The Mighty Dollar.....sounds good to me.

This never going to happen, just like us not getting to use the pound or joining the EU...( if We/us/Scots residents) choose to go down that route.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
You don't genuinely believe that do you?
The situation will be no different to the already accepted dual-citizenship situation we have enjoyed with Ireland for years, Irish guards in the British Army are not all from Northern Ireland don't ya know.
Hell, plenty of regiments have soldiers from the Republic of Ireland, why would we have a different arrangement with Scotland? Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

If Scotland wins independence then The Scots had better start building some new houses. There is a nett balance off 400,000 Scots living in England that would have no right to remain here.
The actual figure of Scots living in England is just short of 800,000. Deduct the 400,000 English living in Scotland, and then do the maths.

Feel free to ethnically cleans England of the Scots then..Kick them out at your peril.
Just as many English up here as well, but you dont see us kicking them out, we do the complete opposite and welcome them with open arms so much so, they will be allowed to vote ye or nae for independence.

Maybe that's what makes us a better class of Native.

Who said anything about kicking them out? Your words not mine.
I stated that Scottish born people would lose their automatic right to stay in England. That's a fact.
If Scotland joined The E.U. then that would change.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Don't try deflecting paraphi's perfectly good rant with a little thing like facts.

I know..Where's my Manners.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
You don't genuinely believe that do you?
The situation will be no different to the already accepted dual-citizenship situation we have enjoyed with Ireland for years, Irish guards in the British Army are not all from Northern Ireland don't ya know.
Hell, plenty of regiments have soldiers from the Republic of Ireland, why would we have a different arrangement with Scotland? Ridiculous.

Scottish born residents in England currently hold a U.K. passport.
If Scotland gains independence then they would no longer be part of the U.K.
You can't change the place you where born you know. Until the U.K. government makes a decision on those born outside the U.K. then the whole question is up for debate.
Also Scots born Westminster M.P.s would have to be deselected.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here's what you actually said.

If Scotland wins independence then The Scots had better start building some new houses. There is a nett balance off 400,000 Scots living in England that would have no right to remain here

Sounds like a threat to me.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Also Scots born Westminster M.P.s would have to be deselected.

There would be no job for them up here either...that i am all for as they are just another Parcel of useless rouges. i would use stronger language but i would be in serious breach of ATS code of conduct.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

If rUK wants to be a continuing state and keep all existing treaties and of course EU membership scots will presumably keep UK citizenship. Unless the new rUK passes legislation to remove citizenships from a specific minority (Scots). Really think that would be the case?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Here's what you actually said.

If Scotland wins independence then The Scots had better start building some new houses. There is a nett balance off 400,000 Scots living in England that would have no right to remain here

Sounds like a threat to me.

Obviously your mind works differently from most. That's your problem not mine.

My mind deals with actual facts.

You decided which is the real issue.

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

If rUK wants to be a continuing state and keep all existing treaties and of course EU membership scots will presumably keep UK citizenship. Unless the new rUK passes legislation to remove citizenships from a specific minority (Scots). Really think that would be the case?

Who knows the answer to that question.

Do you?

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
And who's to say the EU wont hold a vote to Kick what's left of the UK to the curb if Scotland Gains it's independence, after all the UK's economy will take a serious battering if we bugger off.

See, that argument (little threat) works both ways. maybe even kick the UK from NATO unless London finds a place to Store it's WMD's.

Oh now i know why they are Bricking it if we go. lol

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

And who's to say the EU wont hold a vote to Kick what's left of the UK to the curb if Scotland Gains it's independence, after all the UK's economy will take a serious battering if we bugger off.

See, that argument (little threat) works both ways. maybe even kick the UK from NATO unless London finds a place to Store it's WMD's.

And you accuse the " No Campaign" of using scare tactics.
People who live in glass houses etc etc

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

And you accuse the " No Campaign" of using scare tactics.
People who live in glass houses etc etc

All things being equal, Prove me wrong that this cant happen. The fact is the EU and NATO could go down this route if they choose. I dont believe they would as it would weaken them even further, but they could and i've never seen this "FACT" being reported on by the BBC or MSM....ever wonder why. ? Because it doesn't suit their agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join