It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Soldiers Commit 'Torture' & War Crimes In Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Warning graphic not for the faint hearted

Video and photographic material shows evidence of 'torture' and alleged war crimes being committed on POW's by soldiers of the Donetsk People's Republics (DNR) rebel forces in Shakhtars'k on 31st July: a clear breach of International humanitarian law and the Geneva convention.

Russian Soldiers Commit 'Torture' & War Crimes In Ukraine

Tell me these pictures and videos isn't like looking at WWII in colour

These are disgusting acts and those responsible must be bought to justice

These people are animals not human

edit on 4-8-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
They aren't actually Russian soldiers, they are actually Ukrainians who don't want the new government. The Russians are supplying them with some kinds of weapons though from what I understand. Some of these are Russians that had moved to Ukraine over the years I suppose, but they are still considered Ukrainians.

But this is UK news so I guess they are going to say that these are Russians.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

War is inhuman.

Most of the bodies look blown up, not "tortured".

Theres a difference.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They aren't actually Russian soldiers, they are actually Ukrainians who don't want the new government. The Russians are supplying them with some kinds of weapons though from what I understand. Some of these are Russians that had moved to Ukraine over the years I suppose, but they are still considered Ukrainians.

But this is UK news so I guess they are going to say that these are Russians.

No there are definitely many many Russian military fighting in Ukraine that's kind of a fact now

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

Here's is a quick read in who makes up the rest of the rebels in Eastern Ukraine and who recruits them to fight

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

War is inhuman.

Theres a difference.

Did you miss the a few pictures & vids? Pretty obvious to me same guy in custody then dead?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
And ? The ukrainians are doing the same thing .. wheres the outrage against them ?

Oops.. forgot its suport the western puppet time .. carry on...

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
And ? The ukrainians are doing the same thing .. wheres the outrage against them ?

Lol

So Ukraine cannot sort out its own internal problems created by Russian interfering?, it is after all a problem Russia has created Ukraine have every right to defend there country from foreign aggression

Opps... Forgot, it's support Russian propaganda time .. Carry on..

link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

War is inhuman.

Theres a difference.

Did you miss the a few pictures ?

I must have missed them too, because I agree with intrptr, this is not evidence of torture and your title is Inflammatory and False.

link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Lol do you have ANY proof of this?

Ok So Ukraine cannot sort out its own internal problems created by Russian interfering?, it is after all a problem Russia has created Ukraine have every right to defend there country from foreign aggression

Opps... Forgot, it's support Russian propaganda time .. Carry on..

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Looks like an ambush to me. The survivors were shot again. Then they were hastily buried. One made it to the hospital.

What is war supposed to look like?

The difference being that one side was invading and one defending. I have no idea what occurred there. They may have run out of ammo and or food supplies and been trying to surrender.

To the very people they been brutalizing.

No wonder some of them have been seeking sanctuary in Russia.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

War is inhuman.

Theres a difference.

I must have missed them too, because I agree with intrptr, this is not evidence of torture and your title is Inflammatory and False.

That's because you watch RT

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Looks like an ambush to me. The survivors were shot again. Then they were hastily buried. One made it to the hospital.

Lol

Did you watch the videos?

Lol ok nice talking to you

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

War is inhuman.

Theres a difference.

Post a thread with a false description in the title and then back it up with more made-up sh!t.

Don't expect to be taken seriously.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

War is inhuman.

Theres a difference.

Post a thread with a false description in the title and then back it up with more made-up sh!t.

Don't expect to be taken seriously.

Explain how it's false please?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Crap, now US is going to support them too...

let`s hope they are not going to impale heads to sticks like the rebels in Syria do, if so US will go definitely broke...they just can`t afford supporting that many torturing "freedom fighters."

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

From the article I demise that the Seperatists were recruiting all sorts of people to fight with them, from all over the Russian territories. These weren't Russian soldiers though.

Now as an example, if Canada had some crooked people taking over and I was young and I decided I wanted to help them, I would possibly go there and help them fight, but not as a US soldier. Now, I am sure Russia is not objecting to this, possibly allowing them to pass into Ukraine.

This only shows that Russia is letting their citizens go fight if they want to. I'm sure this kind of thing happens all over the place.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

let`s hope they are not going to impale heads to sticks like the rebels in Syria do, if so US will go definitely broke...they just can`t afford supporting that many torturing "freedom fighters."

How convenient of you to bring up another little war Russia has its hands in...

So nearly 200,000 civilians killed at the hands of Russia's involvement arming Assad

Isn't it funny how there is also a Russian naval base in Tartus Syria as there is in Crimea, it couldn't possibly be a strategic Russian plan to carry out should Russia's influence in the world wither anymore since the collapse of the Soviet Union could it?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

From the article I demise that the Seperatists were recruiting all sorts of people to fight with them, from all over the Russian territories. These weren't Russian soldiers though.

Now as an example, if Canada had some crooked people taking over and I was young and I decided I wanted to help them, I would possibly go there and help them fight, but not as a US soldier. Now, I am sure Russia is not objecting to this, possibly allowing them to pass into Ukraine.

This only shows that Russia is letting their citizens go fight if they want to. I'm sure this kind of thing happens all over the place.

So if a armed group of people in the city you lived in in the USA close to Canada's boarders wanted independence after a Mexican got voted in as president, would you not consider it a international violation should Canada decide to send in fighters to support them along with arms ?

Would this be legal? Would this be legitimate, would this be in breach of the US constitution?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So nearly 200,000 civilians killed at the hands of Russia's involvement arming Assad

Isn't it funny how there is also a Russian naval base in Tartus Syria as there is in Crimea, it couldn't possibly be a strategic Russian plan to carry out should Russia's influence in the world wither anymore since the collapse of the Soviet Union could it?

So Russia is trying to jeopardize there long standing naval bases as a plan to get rid of them by making war, thanks, I wasn`t aware of that.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So Russia is trying to jeopardize there long standing naval bases as a plan to get rid of them by making war, thanks, I wasn`t aware of that.

No Russia has had a plan to secure them clearly for a long time, Russia has know for decades Ukraine would end up moving towards closer ties with the EU ever since the break up of the Soviet Union, just as other Eastern block countries have done so, of course Crimea is home to Russia Black Sea fleet and a stratification importance

Syria is of course 90% Sunni Muslim with a ruling Shiite government, I don't need to tell you that Sunni ME states are predominately friendly or allied to the west, and Shiites such as Iran allied to Russia, of course when the Arab spring broke out alarm bells would have been ringing in Russia as to the years long tensions in Syria boiled over they would have know that for Assads government to step down as in Tunisia and Egypt etc, that the majority Sunni country could have possibly expelled Russia's naval presence

Which is why Ukraine's president rushed through a new lease on Crimea's naval bases to the Russia and ignored Ukraine's calls for closer ties with the EU

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join