It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS here and its going to spread FAST!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

They can build up his immune system here thus giving him precious time to combat the virus and have him come out alive at the other end of this. Furthermore they know about strict isolation techniques and disposal of dangerous medical waste which is not available at the source country.

edit on 3-8-2014 by aboutface because: typo

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

Not to mention that there's a shortage of even the most basic medical supplies in Africa. They're having trouble keeping patients' fluids up due to a lack of clean water and IVs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I had to wonder a bit. Though the CDC is in Atlanta. The top u.s. tropical and infectious disease hospitals are not in Atlanta. Though I realise CDC will have their top people there right now.

There is no vaccine. So why the mention on another thread of vaccinations coming soon is perplexing.

Another thread mentions executive orders to halt and detain citizens who exhibit respiratory issues.
Ebola is not airborne. Only transmitted through direct body fluid contact..
Again..perplexing.

And last for me. Was the mayor of Atlanta among the list of attendees at Bilderberg conference this year?
I swore there was a thread on it. And we at ATS wondered why the mayor of Atlanta was invited at all. Other than for commerce. ( this one just donned on me in the last hour )

Something is giving me a sickness to my stomach.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Eta: patient Zero starts in Atlanta with new airborne strain..lol

Funny after all the precautions taken to get here...and on top of that there was no haz/mat tent/tunnel leading to the entrance of the building.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So what is the "unprotected" cameraman wearing on his head?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Well said, but rationality, reason and logic does not sell. Fear and ignorance does. I'm sick of all the bull# following this, and every other epidemic and pandemic.

Sad fact is that more people have died in Gaza than have died of Ebola, thats how deadly and dangerous it really is. Less so than man. We are looking at a one millionth of a percent of the human race that has died from ebola, in as you say, ripe conditions for it. That really is insignificant in terms of the human race as a whole, although tragic for those involved.

As soon as cases start, and rapidly increase in significantly more hygienic western nations, THEN I will worry. Until then its all just scare mongering.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
So what is the "unprotected" cameraman wearing on his head?

Nothing but hair.
No hepa filter mask...which requires special fitting and test.
And one exposed camera.
Though he did have a headless one piece low level jump suit..

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

This is true.
I must admit. Even I got stuck by a free lying needle left on a hospital bed by a lab tech.
The patient was in full arrest and died, thus secondary from hepatitis c.

Pain in the butt getting tested frequently for years to come. But 20 years later I'm clean.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Excellent point, yes, there was only 1 Mayor of a US city that attended Bilderberg...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmmmm.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It's not only ONE guy

Three people

And on the second photo you can see an officer and at the top left some staff
edit on 3-8-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals

Excellent point, yes, there was only 1 Mayor of a US city that attended Bilderberg...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmmmmmm.

Awww thank you thank you thank you....

Yep towards the bottom of the first list. Kasim Reed. Mayor of Atlanta GA.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Firefly_

Hmm, so are you saying that Dutchsinse is a paid agent of distraction to alarm us irrationally in order to divert our attention from the horrors taking place in Gaza? It's something worth considering.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

I did not say that, no. But knowing how things work, its entirely possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm sorry - but this is a silly thread.

It's probably true that the cameraman shouldn't have been able to get so close, but the patient is suffering from a viral infection - he's not radioactive. The patient has just been delivered in a full body hazmat from a secure bio-containment unit and is being lead directly to a bio-secure facility through various airlocks. This is as bio-secure as it gets really.

The Ebola situation is serious, but the panic over it is absurd. For one thing, Ebola is not an airborne pathogen - so aside spray from coughs and sneezes, you basically have to have direct contact with a post-incubation sufferer to catch it. Do not forget that African burial practises and general suspicion over modern science have been a key factor in it's spread.

A full-body hazmat will completely contain Ebola - that suit will be burned immediately.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Not at the CDC.
At emery university hospital. A normal hospital.
Has a cardiac wing, icu, general surgical wing and labor and delivery.
Yes the measures are for the most part met.

I agree it is a bit over hyped.
But better to be cautious of the matter.
Seeing how Ebola is not just delivered to the front door everyday.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Double post

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Why is there a news crew guy right there filming with no protection?
edit on 3-8-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Step 1: Start a pandemic in another country.

Step 2: Announce that patient is being brought to America.

Step 3: Sign executive order to be able to detain anyone showing symtoms

Step 4: Release footage of unprotected camera man near patient. (future scapegoat)

Step 5: Once virus is released in America show footage of Camera man and blame him.

Step 6: ???

Step 7: ???

Step 8: ???

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'm not sure what's not at the CDC. Any major hospital can host a bio-secure environment if required - on a temporary and with support basis, of course. It's worth being wary of Ebola, but it's not comparable to something like Spanish Flu. Painting it as such is irresponsible.

There was a guy on here a day or two ago claiming his ex-wife was a supervisor at the CDC and recounted an occasion she'd come home in her 'work shoes' - completely refusing to discuss the fact that bio-secure hazmats are full body with no exceptions.

I'm just advising people to ignore the anecdotal 'evidence' - as it's partly how West Africa has gotten into this mess.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I am not trying to fear monger it is just my concern being that this is our country and were bringing in unnessacary risks imho. Yes there are alot of far worse things going on that deserve more attention, but the fact of the matter that its in our backyard is a reason for concern imho. Now every thing that is happening here and all over the world like i say is one big magicians trick distract the crowd with the right hand while the left hand sets the world on fire,..
edit on 3-8-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

The Guy is completely covered so the actual risk of the cameraman catching Ebola is like 0%, Ok I'll give it 1%... You know media can get into places that others cannot?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join