It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS here and its going to spread FAST!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Wasn't the doctor completely covered when he caught Ebola? According to sources he was!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
CDC AIRBORNE TRANSMISSION! EBOLA PATENTED BY THE …: youtu.be...

Invalid link - please update.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
All I gotta say is it's awesome to be alive in the 21st century and in the western world as well. Just two hundred years ago something like this would be killing in the millions. I doubt we even reach 100k with this. The west may have isolated pockets, but it's highly unlikely that it has more than .01% of the population infected.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
CDC AIRBORNE TRANSMISSION! EBOLA PATENTED BY THE …: youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
7 cases now reported in the Phillipines -

english.cntv.cn...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm not sure what's not at the CDC. Any major hospital can host a bio-secure environment if required - on a temporary and with support basis, of course. It's worth being wary of Ebola, but it's not comparable to something like Spanish Flu. Painting it as such is irresponsible.

There was a guy on here a day or two ago claiming his ex-wife was a supervisor at the CDC and recounted an occasion she'd come home in her 'work shoes' - completely refusing to discuss the fact that bio-secure hazmats are full body with no exceptions.

I'm just advising people to ignore the anecdotal 'evidence' - as it's partly how West Africa has gotten into this mess.

Hehe..true.
Sorry I stepped out for a bit.
I'm curious at the moment. Here in the U.S.
Drudge Report, is reporting a patient died of Ebola in London.
Is there any truth to that? Or did drudge pull another bogus report again?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
7 cases now reported in the Phillipines -

english.cntv.cn...

Seriously! Wow.
If true
You got prays and hate the advent of air travel at this very time in history.
Just heard one died in London. Can not verify at this time though.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It was reported in the Mirror. Don't know the validity.
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill

It was reported in the Mirror. Don't know the validity.
www.mirror.co.uk...

is the mirror a farce site or legit?

Never mind. Looked up the mirror..
Tabloid..lol
I'll keep sniffing around other news sites and ATS.
edit on 3-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
agreed.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

If that's true then we're looking at something more serious than the Africa outbreak. Reston virus was first discovered in macaques from the Philippines. So if there are so many people there exhibiting symptoms it's more likely the Reston strain. Considering that strain has never transferred to humans I will wait for more confirmation.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Ebola is not easily transmitted from human to human. It is much like HIV and AIDS in how it transmitted between people. It is also contracted from eating animals that have the virus. It is spreading so fast in third world nations because they don't have the luxury to be so choosey about what they eat and there is nothing regulating their food supply.

Ebola is not a threat to the western world.

Your very first statement is a fallacy, very misleading....and the most effective tool the MSM has to allay fears, by comparing this to HIV in that it is only exchanged thru bodily fluids. This invokes visions of all the paranoia in the 80's, and patients being treated like...the plague carriers...only to prove after years of treating patients that there was no worries and no need for hazmat suits just to see the doc, so now, no one that has the slightest bit of education worries about 'accidently' getting HIV.

The MSM had to hammer that fact into people's heads for years before the general public lost their paranoia (except for the few uneducated folks and those that are is whacko land). And now that long hard education is being used to allay fears that Ebola will spread quickly (i.e.just like HIV, bodily fluid transfer).

Now,when talking about Ebola and bringing up this as a comparison, there are a couple of MAJOR exceptions and exclusions to point out here, that made HIV so very hard to get, that SHOULD NOT BE IGNORED.

1) HIV dies immediately upon the presence of saliva and of perspiration. It is never found on the skin UNLESS there is an open bleeding wound. Ebola virus is alive and excreted with, and spread thru these two commonly EXTERNAL bodily fluids with or without the presence of blood.

2) Ebola will stay alive suspended in droplets of water or saliva, and on surfaces...HIV dies immediately when exposed to air. Ebola is not an 'airborne' virus...but with a carrier (saliva, blood, dust, etc.) it can move thru air and reinfect (maybe only close proximity, but it is quite possible to get it without direct patient contact). If that was the case with HIV all of Africa would be dead already.

Note those two facts. Learn them. And then think...about sneezes, sweaty palms, doorknobs, toilet seats...all those places that some paranoid people thought they would get HIV back in the 80's (and hopefully learned better)....and do not comfort yourself with that comparison. Because it is not true.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ITS here and its going to spread FAST!!!!

Why must you fearmonger?

One guy in a full hazmat comes into a protected environment (and is in fact, recovering), and yet someone has to bleat out "omg it's going to spread fast!!" Stop with the dramatics.

If I was curious and confused about anything.. it's about the "test serum" that was used on him.. and now he is recovering. Hm... WHAT test serum? Why have we not heard more about this?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Because they are probably having some results from work done in the last few years.
These are some serious scientists. I hope they become hero's in short order.

la2

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That's not entirely true........

Ebola is transmitted via bodily fluids, that includes sweat, and particals expelled due to coughing and sneezing, I agree with people who say it's very unwise bringing an infected man back to uninflected soil, I also think we don't know enough about ebola to say the west is totally worry free, if the recent case in Morocco sparks an outbreak there, then you will see panic, the Gibraltar Straight is only 8.5 miles wide, and that's all that separates it from Spain.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

I have only this, of the most abstract.

It's here, it's here.
It's fear, It's fear.
Wish you were beer.
No tears, so cheers.

edit on Rpm80314v082014u58 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes but AIDS/HIV is a level 2 biosafety factor
Ebola is a level 4.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said he also had no idea which treatment the group may be using.

"The sad fact is we don't have any proven treatment for Ebola. We don't have any proven vaccine against Ebola," he told NBC News.

a reply to: fleabit

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

The British case involved a 72 year old woman arriving on a flight from The Gambia (I think) collapsing at Gatwick having been seen sweating and vomiting. She later died in hospital.

It's literally just been confirmed that she tested negative for Ebola. Not that it'll be any comfort for her family, I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
Why must you fearmonger?

Why must you Disinform?

There is no serum there is no wonder cure this is a bioweapon, usually bioweapons do not come with cures and if they do america just got caught with hand in cookie jar.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join