It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Parental testing, one of the best ever inventions for men?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Jerry only does the weird folks and trailer trash. Maury's the one who does the DNA.

Source: watching these shows to remind myself how funny stupid people are

Oh. Thanks. I don't watch TV LOL
edit on 8/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It says a lot to me that there are enough women in the world, who are unsure of who the father of their child is, to be able to sustain such TV shows.
I imagine the type of women on these shows would have just lied and picked the best option of the guys they'd had sex with to proclaim as father prior to the advent of DNA tests.

Again, I have seen these shows before but don't watch TV myself, I have a flat screen for gaming/DVD's and internet streaming but I don't have any 'box' capable of receiving broadcast TV/cable/satelite.

Pity there seems to be no female members here who have any comments/contribution regarding mothers who lie to men about parentage. Is it a dirty little female secret which nobody wants to admit or something? Even my twin sister has told me about a friend she knows who lied to her husband, and I can't believe that all the women who do it have not confided with their friends...a female conspiracy perhaps?

Whatever the situation regarding any collective lies and an apparent acceptance of such practices by dishonest women and their sympathetic friends, it is a fact that DNA tests now clearly save males from being the victims of such deceptive and immoral behaviour. Yep, one of the best ever inventions for males in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukkaMakes you think.. doesn´t it ?

Makes me think men should look before they leap.

Why in Gods name would even the most desperate person jump in with someone they just met? Either one of them could wind up on the side of a milk carton.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea
You specified men 'should look before they leap', why? Should men automatically assume and accept that it is 'normal' or something for women to lie about parentage if they become pregnant?
How about we should all expect that women should not be deceptive about such things?

Oh, and desperation for sex does not come into it as far as I'm concerned, if I meet a girl and we are mutually sexually attracted to each other then I will happily enjoy consensual recreational sex without feeling a need to read her resume first.
Perhaps you live in a society where a man asks a girls father for permission to date her for 6 months first or something?
How very 'Little house on the prairie' that sounds, but I do not recognise that world myself so I am glad DNA tests prevent any lying woman trapping me with claims of a child who is not mine.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea

originally posted by: dollukkaMakes you think.. doesn´t it ?

Makes me think men should look before they leap.

Why in Gods name would even the most desperate person jump in with someone they just met? Either one of them could wind up on the side of a milk carton.

actually you don't even need to sleep with these scum to have them try it. when i was a teenager i had a pregnant girl i never even knew try to nail me for paternity. they even went as far as calling my parents, to make them force me to pay for my mistake. yup DNA parental tests are a good thing. helps keep conniving, scheming, whores from stealing your money.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: generik
Wow, that is a crazy story, she must have had mental health issues or something to actually front you, a man she's never had sex with, and claim you were the father!
Sounds like you had a lucky escape, and it is good that DNA tests now easily prevent crazy lying women to do such things in the future. Really crazy story, glad you escaped!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
You specified men 'should look before they leap', why?

I should have made it gender neutral. Both should look good and long before taking such a step.

Perhaps you live in a society where a man asks a girls father for permission to date her for 6 months first or something?

That is not such a bad thing. Why wouldn't you want to really get to know the person first?

I have seen too many pregnant teens(usually Hispanic) when I drove past several high schools on my way to work to feel that perhaps just perhaps that it should be hard and expensive (That the potential parents pay for not the public) to have a child and easy and cheap not to have one.
Oh yes they will scream and yell about religious freedom go forth and multiply well the church isn't signing those welfare checks now are they? The church isn't kicking in for that public warehouse called a school* is it?

Perhaps a reversible tie off procedure for both sexes before puberty.

*Look up the word 'school' it means to train. as in you 'school' a horse for dressage - so guess how highly the elite have ever though of the peasants. Private schools past the first few grades are almost always referred to as acadamies.
edit on 4-8-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree that sex without barrier contraception, with someone you do not really know, is irresponsible, for the risk of creating a child where there is no relationship between the parents, and also importantly to prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections. As far as negative thoughts go regarding consensual recreational with barrier contraception goes I see no problems aside from the 1-2% failure rate we should expect as the products remind us on the packaging.

Your example of kids having kids is a different issue though. It is the same in my country and I know quite a few girls who have become pregnant solely to get a subsidised rental house and get decent benefits without having to even pretend to look for work until the youngest child turns 5. I object to that as well, but it is a female problem, not male.
If it was men who got pregnant, I would be on the pill or implants, with an IUD coil as well, and always use condoms.
I always use condoms anyway because I don't want to catch anything, and I don't trust any woman who tells me she's on the pill anymore, ever since the story in the OP.

It is amazing that there are so many 'accidents' with unplanned pregnancies when there are so many contraceptive choices. A man has one choice, a condom, and if a woman has sex relying solely on a condom then she is irresponsible being she is the one who will carry the child.
But then, yes, as you say, the taxpayer funds the welfare that the mother will live on so of course many women don't really give a toss about it. Being paid to chill with your child watching daytime TV is not an unattractive choice for many women.

It is those sort of women who I am glad no longer have the option of lying to a man about who is the father of their child. Of course it also makes it easier for a predatory woman to trap a particular man through unprotected sex creating a child, but hopefully most men realise this and will always wear a condom to protect themselves, as I always do.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
In france I think these paternity tests are outlawed

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity
How exactly does a man deny he had sex with a girl who is claiming to be pregnant?
Ejaculation is not essential for a pregnancy, and I'd be amazed if any woman would not know if a guy was wearing a condom or not, so really, regarding lies, the DNA test is more useful to a man when there are questions of sexual partners and paternity.
How about win -WIN?

Contraception is never 100% safe. Even the pill fails some of the time. Many people think that things like the "pull-out" method or "double bagging" a condom are safe when they aren't. You can also chalk it up to idiots not knowing how to properly use the contraception as well. There are plenty of reasons why a man would be able to deny its his.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

why the heck would they outlaw protection for people? that just makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
But denial by a man is purely faith based hope if he actually has had sex with a woman, all such claims are ridiculous by any man if he has. It is why DNA tests are such a great solution for men these days.
If a woman has had sex with multiple people or not only the woman knows that, so pregnancy resulting from a brief encounter no longer relies on the word of the woman anymore. That is a good thing in my opinion.

Of course no contraception is 100% reliable, but that really is a different debate.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

why the heck would they outlaw protection for people? that just makes no sense whatsoever.
For the sake of the child, I guess, which is of paramount importance.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I wasn't denying that a DNA test is great for the man. Maybe I misunderstood your concern in the post I quoted. You seemed to me to be asking how a man would be confused that the child wasn't his or something (provided the woman didn't have sex with someone else). Maybe I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
Wow, I'm shocked again, it is true!
www.ibdna.com...

Paternity Testing Ban Upheld in France If those samples were found in the post by officials on their way to foreign laboratories, the French men who sent them could theoretically face a year in prison and a 15,000 Euro fine. This year the ban was challenged but the French Government decided to uphold and maintain the anti-paternity testing law. The reasons for which the Government said the ban should remain were related to the preservation of peace within French families.

...genuinely shocked, sacré bleu!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
No worries, I auto-type like a crazed person sometimes so it is no surprise if I fail to make myself clear as often as I would like to think I do. I totally appreciate your contribution to the topic as I do everyone else's.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei
So a child finds out when needing some medical thing that only a biological relative can provide, or grows up in a parental relationship where the mother clearly does not love the man enough to be truthful to him?
I prefer the way the law is in the UK...and I'm so glad I'm not in France, I'd have paid tens of thousands in child maintenance now for someone else's son, as per the OP.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Sounds like a lot of these issues could be solved if sex wasn't as recreational as it is today. Often times sex is taken much too lightly along with its potential consequence. Yes, sex is great. But good grief have some moderation.

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
Ah, another reply focused on the perils of sex when it is not in a stable loving relationship.
The status of the relationship is pretty much irrelevant when we consider the cheating wife/GF's who were able to lie to their partners when they knew full well they were carrying another mans child. It is DNA tests which have offered another level of protection from lying women.

That said, how do you define moderation?
Date a girl for a few weeks, 6 months?
How on earth can I know if I'm with a deceitful woman even after 6 months? The fact she is deceitful would just mean I'd been lied to for longer before we had sex.

Nope, length of time knowing someone will not automatically equate that she isn't having sex with someone else behind my back, but if a pregnancy ensues men no longer just have to take the womans word for it.

...unless you live in France, and as I discovered, the women there are free to screw over any man they like, and protected by law, sacré bleu!

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik

For the sake of the child, I guess, which is of paramount importance.

i'm sorry, but that makes even less sense. how can not knowing true parentage be good for the child or the father? unless you mean financially like support payments. and in that case why not just be really helpful to a child and just saddle richest people with it? after all if it is of paramount importance for the sake of the child, the more money the better right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join