It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

DNA Parental testing, one of the best ever inventions for men?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
I'd say self control is the greatest necessity to preventing undesired consequences. It's too bad that society promotes: "act first and ask questions later". I have no sympathy for those who can't restrain themselves. Something as common sense as this should not happen anymore, but it does, on an (I'd bet) hourly basis. I feel sorry for the children having to be brought up in broken homes, with broken parents.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 10:44 AM
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Really? Springer?

And you actually Believe Him? Please do not bring up any other TV mind warping ideas, Okay? Next you'll claim nothing is wrong at all with the world. It's always the Mans Fault since He could have said No.

You know their Acting, Right? Even the Brothers/Sisters in my Hood have a Straw or 2 about Jerry! You Do know that Show is Racist, Right? It for said people who while doing Nothing; hopefully your not allowing any children to watch that crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
a reply to: grainofsand

Simply all about the Interest!

After so many years, Social Services comes knocking at ones door asking for Blood! Wait just long enough to allow Fee's, Cost's, and Cost's for said Child/s Health and so on. Once they find the Poor Man; actually some never Knew they even had one, find out it's up to at least $10,000 plus interests compounded every month!

Have Paid myself way over $100,000 and still Owe $25,000! That would be Interest! Yet on the other side of said Parent who has one's child might get $200. in food stamps if not working. So one pays while the other sits at home watching Springer! As the State Collects all the Interest off the Money!

Gets worst! In every school, hospital and can knock on one's door with-out Paperwork! Cops come too plus a Nut Dr also tags along. As for me, My Mother Is Said Dir. Of Social Services in Colo! Don't know if she is now, Grand Mothers can be Evil Witches when in Power!

Told the Judge, Hell No! My Mother did not Raise me right, why would I want the same for my Child? Mother did not like my dads sister, where I learned Values, Morals, and Respect! Yet being in the Hood, prisons are always open for us and should have Listen when my aunt said Know Who Your Friends Are! was only 17 at the time.

Now almost 50 and wonder What in Gods Name Happened to our Children! No Respect, only the Love of Things!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
To put it simply OP. Yes. It is one of the greatest inventions for Men and Women alike. Keeps the Men from getting screwed and keeps the Women honest.

I had always said I wanted a DNA paternity test. But when my little guy came into the world he just looked so absolutely undeniable like me (literally everyone says so) that in the end I figured it would be frivolous to get the test and also it may hurt my significant others feelings. I had not picked her up in a bar we were a packaged deal long before the pregnancy so that trust combined with the looks and I was able to accept he is mine.

Had my situation been different - without a doubt I would've forked over the money and gotten the test done.

My father had a one night stand with a woman in a bar once. 3 years down the road - he was served with papers and was being sued for 3 years worth of back child support pay. The woman never even told him about the pregnancy or the baby - she simply waited a few years and boom hit him with the lawsuit. The baby was his - now my stepbrother and I love him but damn that was some dirty crap his mother pulled. My pops would've done the right thing if she would've just told him he even existed.
edit on 3-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
a reply to: infoseeker26754

No. I had no idea that wasn't real. *rolls eyes

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM

Even now, I am known as a dead beat dad since feed since Childhood! Spent 3 yrs in prison at 17 and wanted my aunt to raise him. Since my mother taught me Nothing! I owe my dads sister in teaching me how to Clean House, cook, yard work and forgotten Morals and Values gone Today.

Only in my case. Mother happened to be Dir. of Social Services at the time! Even have all the paperwork to prove what went on. Just thinking of myself, Boy some are in for a surprise! Woman Lie or just do not remember. It goes like this:

Child having a tough time in school, a phone call is made. The Teacher now becoming acting DR sends a We Have A Sucker and the help comes! next comes the House visit, included is S.S., a cop or 2 and a Dr. Better hope you done the Housecleaning, nothing out of place; seems Better Homes $ gardens is their Ideal home enviroment, Period!

If somehow the child refuses to comply, off to the Dr. they go and if you do not, Jail! Since one is in Jail, it is in the Best Interest of said Child to Find who the Other Parent Is! Bloodwork is already done on child while there and if confused? Hello! I would expect a child to be Frecking Out by now, so a small Pill is given and now listed as AD, ADHA, A-Z!

As a child, always read my mothers books while at home. She was on welfere and signed up into said program to be a Case Worker! Witch made it all the way to the TOP! If I remember right, I was 5 at the time! Going through the same old stuff, as above! Only I at the Age of 10 walked out of the Pys office stating I Had No Problems! And that the school was to slow for me anyways. Started working delivering Flyers!

The program is created to cause problems once THEY Knock as your Door! Being Led by the ones who went to school to Learn Teaching and have No Idea what is required to be a shrink! Most case Workers have no Children of their Own!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
We have a similar show in the UK 'Jeremy Kyle' which I do not watch myself, although I have seen it.
It's totally exploitative of the people from the lower end of the socio-economic-educational level in my opinion as they have DNA test results on national TV in parental disputes. If the people are acting then they do it well enough that they should be earning decent money from it, not living in some sink-hole council housing estate.

I'm amazed that anyone would want to have a personal thing such as paternity of their child being made public in such a voyeuristic show which effectively presents challenging lives as entertainment.
You can get a £100 test in the UK these days, and when one is considering the responsibility of a new human life, that £100 is just small change in comparison.

Although the public nature of people having DNA tests on TV is a bit repulsive to me, I guess if just one child gets to know who their father is, and/or even just financial support as a result of the test then it mitigates the exploitative nature of the show.

It could all be bull# though, I don't watch TV, but I know I'm forever glad I paid the £300 for my DNA test and I'm not paying maintenance for a child who is not mine. I'm also glad it was not done on TV.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
screw Mom's screw the Dad's....testing is a good thing because the child needs to know his/her medical history.

Take the he said/shesaid cash cow bonanza out of the equation....for crime victims and the kidlets there are more pressing questions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM

It goes Back to the School System, in fact starts right there. A Child is in school for 6-8 hrs a day, most are board since nothing to do. Take a walk and Do Ask any child this question. What Have you Learned Today in School? Unless it's their first 2 yrs, all of them state. NOTHING!

Yet in the Yard, Playtime. We children being misled do tend to follow the Top Classmates since your either Sh-T or above everyone else! Hello? Just where do you think our children experence drugs for the first time or Sex? Ever hear of the Home Schooling bad mouthing? Reasons for that too!

So now Trust has been replaced by using other children Before our very Parents! Since come on! Lied about santa, easter, tooth fairy, halloween, just about everything! Plus the first 3 yrs all a child hears is NO! When is the last time one heard of a Classroom for New Parents? All set up for failure at the get go! Now children are having children, so haven't a clue on life but what is Feed to them at school.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
a reply to: infoseeker26754
That is a rather sad story you tell there, I imagine those experiences have been challenging at times maybe still even later as an adult.
Paying maintenance for a child you cannot see must be hard, I struggle to imagine it. I've had shared parental responsibility with my ex-wife for our (now) late teen son since he was aged 2, and no 'maintenance' has ever changed hands or was ordered by the court because we both provide him a bedroom/x-box/blah and he has always been with me or his mother on a 3/4 nights in a row rota. We shared all birthday/Christmas costs/presents, and always just paid half each for any other 'parent' expenses, school trips, whatever. I touched on it in this thread I authored if you are at all interested.

That said, and realising how much money a child actually costs, I am really glad that DNA tests can at least now save men from having to pay the vast sums you quoted for kids that aren't actually theirs.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM

Trust has been replaced with rushing to Follow what everybody else is doing or else! Again starts at school, even children label other children and pick on the ones who at least Use Their heads! By the time one is 18, everything is a lie or told as Facts yet never question by the child themselves.

Told not to cry, it will get better, tomorrows another day, work hard and one will make it, shall I go on? Then one day something happens that the Mind can not handle so all that time watching Ad's for Med's using cartoons create's a remembering and Must be good! Now instead of looking within oneself; hard to do, learned its better to look at someone elses problems in order to Feel better.

Now you know WHY so many are on Happy Pills! Unable to rely on others nor themselves what else is there? Drugs, Beer, Meds and a few crazys! Trust should have started way back in childhood, as parents who actually Know what is real have a sitdown. No! They wait until the teen years and wonder why ones child is having problems!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
a reply to: Aedaeum
Do you condemn people who enjoy consensual recreational sex if they are not in a loving and stable relationship then?
At least when I had a 'scare' being unsure if I was the father I ran with it and spent 7 years bringing the lad up after a test confirmed he was not mine.
The real problem is not recreational sex in itself, but more recreational sex with someone who you know you wouldn't want to bring a child up with if an accident happened.
Self control? What, don't have sex unless you're married or something? Rather biblical and unrealistic these days don't you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM

Thank God!

Sorry, had to ask. I would expect the same! Just In case One needed to go into Wake Up mode, seems the right thing to do for someone in need. Or at least start the Questioning mode inside their head anyways.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
I can tell you from personal experience that many people are not fathered by the father they believe to be their own. I have known a dozen people at least who were not the child of the dad the mother married. It is far more common then people think. Women will get pregnant by one they favor but marry the "better provider" man.

Make of that what you will, but it is far more common then you would think. One scientists put the number at about 15 percent. My experience says that may be right.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 12:42 PM

originally posted by: grainofsand
All thoughts welcome on this perhaps delicate social issue.

Sure, DNA testing is a good thing. But you want my thoughts?
What happened was your own damn fault.
You find out that some random girl you met in a bar lied to you about being on the pill just because she wanted to have sex and then consequently got pregnant... Then you believe her when she tells you the baby has to be yours, because all the other guys used condoms... And then you fall in love with her and live with her for 7 years until you find out she's been cheating on you with yet more random guys... Not once, not twice, but a couple of times.
You did this to yourself.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:01 PM

Never about the money, I could not even think how my son is dealing with it. We have talked, gets mad when I tell him the truth. Yet, leave it alone so after some time He might Want to look at all the paperwork someday.

Although He may be 22 as of now. No One wants their World to come crashing down, people spend of much of their Time preventing this! The want for Change starts within oneself. Sometime though, Life can toss an hard ball in order to get you back on track!

Play with the wolfs or go out on your own. At the very least, by yourself one knows where the wolfs hide! Play with them and might want to add another eye behind your back! The cost of any child should be to Teach them 1 Thing while in childhood, Know Yourself First! Ask yourself before asking another person so you have not wasted yrs learning this small step. If you do not know, ask many, question all and then ask Yourself! Nope! Just Google it and first thing that pops up is the answere.

If thats not bad, I'm doing the math with the step-sister He has! Now another child might have to deal with issues that should have been freely open at the get go. No wonder why children run the streets at night! If everything is a lie at the get go, why Bother?

Being its to hard to deal with emotions, same on TV as in real life. So they end up wondering Who they are and have no real Truth to hold on too! Only problem so far I trust no one Except myself, although now working on said voices in my head who seem to actually care.

Funny! Most would see this as being a Nut case, write it off and drop another Med! Everything that could Help is Labled as evil, nuts, crazy, weird so as one will not go there and be saved! Since the whole Idea really is Only You can save Yourself, then god might help although Help is needed elsewhere since one has Learned to follow their Own Path.

How can one save the world if one can not even save themselves? Same goes with Love! If you can not Love you own self, How could you even claim you Love another person? And while working this all out between yourself, The World created a fear of being Left behind!

Goodbye Cruel World! LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:06 PM
a reply to: trollz
Hahaha I see why you chose your username! Lol, love it.

Any choice I make is always my own fault. What exactly is your point?
I had unprotected sex with a girl who told me she was on the pill, but unknowingly to me already pregnant, I didn't want to risk losing input in the life of a new human who I could have created when the pregnancy became apparent so stuck with her, then had a DNA test (because I didn't believe her) to discover the child wasn't mine, but enjoyed a further 7 years as a step-dad.

I'm not bitching about anything, just celebrating that DNA tests now mean that sly women can no longer randomly pick a guy to be a parent to their child (or to be a cash cow) anymore if they are not actually the father.
Are you trying to be like an annoying dad or something? Of course I know any life choices I make are my own fault, I never complained that they were not anywhere in this topic. Ah, but trollz, of course, you label yourself perfectly lol

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM

An invention which has extended Maury Povich's career by about 1,000 percent.

I actually knew the women who was one of the first, if not the first, cases in the U.S. (I don't know it the test was used legally elsewhere before the U.S. courts allowed it) on which the father's paternity was legally hinged on the DNA test. He was contesting the fatherhood, and lost, and had to pay child support for the next 18 years.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:18 PM
a reply to: crankyoldman
Some research by a UK university supports your statements with results which indicate that more than one in 25 dads could unknowingly be raising another man’s child:

More than one in 25 dads could unknowingly be raising another man’s child, reveals research in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. The implications are huge, say the authors from Liverpool John Moores University's Centre for Public Health, with the increasing reliance of judicial and health systems on DNA profiling and genetic testing, such as organ donation and criminal identification The authors base their findings on wide ranging and international published scientific research and conference abstracts, covering the period between 1950 and 2004. Their findings show that rates of “paternal discrepancy”―where a father is not the biological father of his child―range from less than 1% to as much as 30%. It is generally thought that rates are below 10%: a rate of 4% means that one in 25 families could be affected.

That is a huge amount of women who have lied to men, how sad, and how excellent that DNA tests will hopefully help reduce the number of horrible lying mothers in the future.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 01:27 PM
a reply to: Aleister
That is a good thing he had to pay his way of course, The guy knew he had sex with her and knew he was in the frame so was a bit of a dick contesting anything until the results of a DNA test confirmed or denied it.
The difference between men and women contesting parenthood is that if the woman has only had sex with the one guy then she knows which man is the father, but men could only trust the word of the mother prior to DNA tests.

Yes, DNA tests protect men from lying women, and I am pleased about it having being the beneficiary of such a test in my own life.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>