It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Creationism Dead?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
how about intelligent beings (like angles of god) are fixing the living beings from degredation by mutations (mistakes caused by time and environment).
since mutations can only cause degradation leading to death.
hence evolution is actually one way ticket to the grave.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starbucks
how about intelligent beings (like angles of god) are fixing the living beings from degredation by mutations (mistakes caused by time and environment).

That would lead me to consider an imperfect creator.

edit on 16-8-2014 by BasementWarriorKryptonite because: sp

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

or he created imperfection in some places and perfections in other places.

on earth planet god creat imperfection and instructed species to avoid stressers of environment.
only the people who dont listen to god commands get more mutations and more imperfections untill god turns them into monkies

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

on earth planet god creat imperfection and instructed species to avoid stressers of environment.
only the people who dont listen to god commands get more mutations and more imperfections untill god turns them into monkies

Ah, I see. That then would make the creator a masochistic psychopath, rather than just imperfect.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Ah, I see. That then would make the creator a masochistic psychopath, rather than just imperfect.

In perfect world there are no diseases, no germs, no mutations, inhabitants won't die (plants or humans or crabs)
then other animals will lose their chance to live on earth, and other new species won't have the day of light on them because there is no space on earth for them.

After all, why are you demanding perfection from god even though you disobey his commands. I don't see God owes you nothing. You owe him every thing, being born and having a chance to breath one breath in this earth and see the strange world. You would have missed all that if god did not create you.
so yes you owe him every breath!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

In perfect world there are no diseases, no germs, no mutations, inhabitants won't die (plants or humans or crabs)
then other animals will lose their chance to live on earth, and other new species won't have the day of light on them because there is no space on earth for them.

After all, why are you demanding perfection from god even though you disobey his commands. I don't see God owes you nothing. You owe him every thing, being born and having a chance to breath one breath in this earth and see the strange world. You would have missed all that if god did not create you.
so yes you owe him every breath!

Wow, you're asking and answering questions at an amazing rate! I don't need your answers, but it's interesting to watch you wind yourself by attempting to ram your version of whatever this is down my throat.

I prefer something else rammed down my throat, thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
well if god created you then he owns you. no escaping that.

then you can't argue with him, or may be you could !
on your own peril
edit on 16-8-2014 by Starbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

well if god created you then he owns you. no escaping that.

then you can't argue with him, or may be you could !
on your own peril

Perhaps - you can't say for sure though.

I often think that the creator and the unknowable source of all things are two very different things. I'm a human being and therefore incapable of knowing the truth until I die - if even then - but I don't want to live hiding behind divine life insurance.

I know you believe differently, but the way I see it we all get where we're going by different paths.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
not really. I was all that.
but you can't hide from the truth for long especially when you get older and wiser, and closer to kiss the earth goodbye.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

not really. I was all that.
but you can't hide from the truth for long especially when you get older and wiser, and closer to kiss the earth goodbye.

I'm not sure I follow what you're meaning is in the first part of your reply. As for the second, I know exactly what you mean and that's why I follow my own thoughts and contemplations.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite
I was a free thinker once (all my life). I've been all that (you name it)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Oh, I see what you mean. It's awesome that you've found what fits for you.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

yes when you are going you dont worry about political correctness or give a damn.
you just tell the truth, bring out every thing hidden from the closet, the forbidden truth, you've been hiding to get by.
edit on 16-8-2014 by Starbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

yes when you are going you dont worry about political correctness or give a damn.
you just tell the truth, bring out every thing hidden from the closet, the forbidden truth, you've been hiding to get by.

I think so, too. As long as it doesn't damage or hurt anyone - no matter how good our intentions.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
you spend all your life bowing to others and approving what they say about evolution and crap, so that you keep a job or get promoted or don't lose the rat race.

the forbidden truth is the belief in god and the evidence for creation not evolution.
free ride free lunch or not.
you need to know first. not in the last second of your like you discover that you were not created to play a game (like hording money, becoming a boss, having most fun, etc)
after all you will never get what you want ever

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
While there are people attempting to teach children 'creationism' in the classroom in place of the scientific theory of evolution by natural selection, while there are creation scientists and creation museums and themeparks, it's entirely an evolution vs creation issue.

And while there are people (usually Christians) attempting to substitute this knowledge that we've acquired over the past 150 yrs with a collection of superstitions fairy tales from a primitive and debased period in our history, there's an issue that needs to be and should be discussed.

I understand how much of an embarrassment creationists must be to the majority of Christians, but to ignore such ignorance is to let it breed and multiply to the detriment of us all.

because christians don't believe in "magic monkeys"

which IS being taught.

there are museums of history and youtube for them, too.

evo's will debunk themselves every so often and are proud of it. "see! we were wrong again!"

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

originally posted by: Prezbo369
While there are people attempting to teach children 'creationism' in the classroom in place of the scientific theory of evolution by natural selection, while there are creation scientists and creation museums and themeparks, it's entirely an evolution vs creation issue.

And while there are people (usually Christians) attempting to substitute this knowledge that we've acquired over the past 150 yrs with a collection of superstitions fairy tales from a primitive and debased period in our history, there's an issue that needs to be and should be discussed.

I understand how much of an embarrassment creationists must be to the majority of Christians, but to ignore such ignorance is to let it breed and multiply to the detriment of us all.

because christians don't believe in "magic monkeys"

which IS being taught.

there are museums of history and youtube for them, too.

evo's will debunk themselves every so often and are proud of it. "see! we were wrong again!"

"Magic monkeys"???? Say what again????

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
evolution is not scientific theory because it is based on forgery and the weakest evidence called descrition with no power of association and no power of causation .
even power of association is not accepted by science.

all research for evolution is paid for and enforced politically by a higher source of money!

edit on 17-8-2014 by Starbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbucks

But is creationism dead?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Starbucks

But is creationism dead?

obviously if there is no evolution then creation is the only choice left.
hence creationists like prophets were right all along

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join