It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times Of Israel Publishes Op-Ed About 'When Genocide Is Permissible', Then Deletes It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Israel is country full of half witted morons, end of story. We should no longer be surprised with the idiotic statements that they make. And the fools that defend their injustices are no better.

They should note this, what goes around comes around, and eventually they will get what is coming to them and when that day comes the whole world will celebrate!

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Yep, they are really innocent. Innocent suicide bombers specially. What's not to love?

And how else would you suggest they act after someone has stolen their home?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

You still make an assumption about what a group of people believe. In some circles, in some circumstances that amounts to bigotry. Not my definition either.

You are free to believe as you wish. I am free to criticize your posted thoughts, just as you are free to criticize mine. (while maintaining the rules of etiquette of the site)

The fact that a majority of Israeli's favor continuing the war is not the same, being intellectually honest, as saying they favor genocide. To suggest that a few do support genocide is probably just as true as saying some Palestinians favor the genocide of the jews.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond

Yep, they are really innocent. Innocent suicide bombers specially. What's not to love?

I dunno, but if someone stole my home I would hope that I would react in a more civilized fashion than blowing myself up... In fact, I am pretty sure I would not react in such a barbaric fashion.

Sure glad people in the US do not generally blow themselves up taking other civilians with them because they were "done wrong".

Perhaps my answer would be: In a more civilized way.

edit on 3-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

You do realize that one journalist with extremist views does not represent the views of an entire nation, or Jews that live outside of Israel, right?

There may be an extremist element in Israel that has grown weary of incessant terrorist attacks for decades, and it has jaded their perception, but they are in the minority. The overwhelming majority of Israelis just want to be left alone, and live in peace with their predominantly Muslim neighboring countries.

It's not even remotely comparable to the millions of people in the middle east that have openly advocated the genocide of Israel over the years.

Which part of "Israel doesn't belong in that part of the world" don't you people get???

If Israel wants an end to the bloodshed they should simply get out and give that land back to its rightful owners. Otherwise they should shut up and realise that any country in the world would act in the same way as the Palestinians if they were faced with the same circumstances.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I dunno, but if someone stole my home I would hope that I would react in a more civilized fashion than blowing myself up... In fact, I am pretty sure I would not react in such a barbaric fashion.

Ok so lets say one day in the future Mexico has a far more advanced military than the US. I realise this is very unlikely but lets just try to imagine it.

Anyway, Mexico, with all it's military might one day decides that it wants Texas back. And there's nothing the once mighty US can do about it.

What do you do? Try and get your home back through dialogue? Hmmm, I doubt it very much.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

LOL I can damn well assure you I would not be blowing myself up taking out civilians.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Yes, by all means, lets just enter into a dialogue discussing the last few millennia and who "belongs" there and who doesn't instead of dealing with the reality that they are both there, and neither group are going anywhere.

That is the exact ignorant thinking that creates this kind of conflict where each side seems intent on wiping the other out instead of finding a way to live in peace together.

In response to your post about Israel not belonging there, you do realize that Jews lived in Palestine prior to the British taking over in the early 1900s, right? You would point out that many Jews came from around the world to live there, no doubt at which point I could counter that many of the Palestinians there are refugees with Palestinian roots from other Arab nations and that Palestinians have never ruled the land of Palestine, and that, in actuality, there has never been a Palestinian country ruled by Palestinians. And so on and so forth, which does nothing but continue the insanity.

After decades of the same thing over and over again and the same results (expecting different results? Insanity) you would think a new approach is warranted.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: JRCrowley

You still make an assumption about what a group of people believe. In some circles, in some circumstances that amounts to bigotry. Not my definition either.

You are free to believe as you wish. I am free to criticize your posted thoughts, just as you are free to criticize mine. (while maintaining the rules of etiquette of the site)

The fact that a majority of Israeli's favor continuing the war is not the same, being intellectually honest, as saying they favor genocide. To suggest that a few do support genocide is probably just as true as saying some Palestinians favor the genocide of the jews.

You are incorrect. I am not making an assumption about what any group believes. That assumption might have been made by another poster but not me.

What I stated was was that 95% of Israelis are in favor of the war in Gaza. It is your choice to believe that those polls are completely unbelievable and false. The rest of us, meanwhile, attach at least a modicum of meaning to them. Sorry, but not everyone agrees with your arguments that polls are nothing but meaningless trash.

My contention: There are Israelis who would be happy if all the Palestinians were completely wiped out of Gaza.

If there were no audience in Israel for what that blogger posted then he would be the single Israeli who believed it. That's far-fetched to say the least.

I never stated that 95% (or so) of Israelis would accept wiping out every single Palestinian in Gaza. You are stretching it. Ergo, it is you who is slipping into intellectual dishonesty.

I'm gonna toss a number out there at random and say around 5% of Israelis would be perfectly happy with the genocide of the Palestinians in Gaza. With a population of 7.908 million, that's around 395,000 Israelis. A total guess, but I'd bet that's a fair guess. I repeat: It's a guess.

Even if it was 2%, just 2%... that's 158,000 Israelis who would be down with the genocide of those Palestinians.

A total guess. Open for debate, of course. After all, we are all (at this time anyway) still free to criticize each other's posted thoughts.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Sure glad people in the US do not generally blow themselves up taking other civilians with them because they were "done wrong".

"In a more civilized way" = Being rich enough to afford better weapons?

Pretty much.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

So your telling me that you could witness hundreds of children being murdered and you'd just be ok with that? It could even be your own children, but yeah sure lets just talk it over.

Unfortunately it's very difficult to say what you would do unless you actually live through something like this.

Although I cannot justify suicide bombing I can understand why they take that option, simply because it's one of the few options they have.

Certainly the civilised route has been tried, tested and proven to fail.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

You are right and I do not believe any government is above reproach or condemnation, including the government of Israel. My point has to do with fighting for your survival day in and day out your whole life. It causes you to see attacks everywhere and rationalize asymmetric use of violence. It is what causes each of the sides to disregard the deaths on the other side because they stop viewing the other side as human. The posts that I was responding to in my earlier post that I see all over this site are not "criticism" of the Israeli government but much more than that. They are the posts that consistently:

1. Attribute the actions of a few to all and whose obvious intent is for people to take action against the whole
2. That believe there are no mistakes and all is intentional wanton killing
3. That give credence to vast conspiracies
4. That only seem to care about actions by one people not because of the repugnance of the actions but because of who is conducting the actions

You ever wonder why african americans are so sensitive about criticism of Obama? Unless you lived your life as a lightning rod for everyone around you's hatred it is difficult to comprehend.

Israel has lashed out in a fit of anger disproportionately after what it sees is putting up with an untenable situation, just like the US, UK, France, Germany, Qatar, Turkey, etc... do constantly. For that it will pay I am sure, as well as all Jewish people. Just be clear with yourself why that is. To let you know, Jews are already paying the world over.

All the people should be moved out and the whole middle east leveled to a parking lot for the stain it is leaving on humanity. However, if you think that would stop the fighting, I have a parking lot to sell to you.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I did report your insidious attack to the mods, however I will reply to you with this facts:

Protests around the world:
New York / Chicago / Washington / Philadelphia / Rome / Germany / Greece / Oslo / Los Angels / Minnesota / Boston / Puerto Rico / Algeria / Turkey / Montreal / Toronto / Ottawa / Netherlands

source

You see, you can cry all you want, but that will not change the misery, humiliation an unmerciful actions inflicted by the terrorist state of israel.

The following is not on the news.

And we know Why, don't we? ... Corruption, greed and money...
Israel students are payed 2000 dollars per year to do propaganda on the web.. and that should be only the tip of the iceberg, nothing compared to the politicians and assassinations...

Consider why we never listen to the Palestinians ?

Take a little pause to listen to this young man breaking the facts for you:

We must fight the tyranny of the liars, who claim to be the victims.
edit on 3/8/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

No, actually the civilized route has not been tried...or rather has not had much of a chance to get off the ground due to the actions of one side and then the other. Consider Hamas' continual refusal to enter into a ceasefire, thereby saving Palestinian lives. An intelligent person does not refuse a ceasefire in order to force a result in a conflict when losing badly.

That's like being in a fist fight and refusing to stop when you are getting bloodied just because you want to get in a good smart aleck remark. No...not the same, because your refusal to stop fighting is not resulting in civilians being killed. My bad.

I never said I would witness such things and not react. You are trying very hard, and failing I might add, to put words in my mouth. I merely stated I would not be a suicide bomber. I say that again, rather emphatically. Please read what I say, and try not to do too much reading between the lines...it's not working too well.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

"In a more civilized way" = Being rich enough to afford better weapons?

Pretty much.

So we are back to the money slander is it? Funny that seems to occur so often. Next step is the Protocols will be trotted out. I have heard more about them in the last few weeks than I have heard in years. When people start playing these cards, you know the agenda.

So you are saying 384M people have less money than 7.95M people? You think Gaza is the way it is because they have no money? And if that is indeed the case that they have no money, why aren't the most oil rich countries in the world with so much money to burn not helping the Gazan's build infrastructure after the Israeli's moved wholesale out of Gaza?
edit on 3-8-2014 by hoth12 because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

One thing that disgusts me, but rarely ever surprises me anymore: Man's inhumanity to his fellow man.

Ironic that we call fair and civil treatment "humane," isn't it?

More ironic that we refer to ourselves as civilized. There is nothing civilized about the human being. If the Jews are God's chosen people, looking at the actions of Israel you must ask - "chosen to do what?"

The answer obviously has nothing to do with God, religion, or civility. In fact, if we removed both God and religion, I have no doubt these people would still find reasons to destroy one another.
edit on 3-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes, by all means, lets just enter into a dialogue discussing the last few millennia and who "belongs" there and who doesn't instead of dealing with the reality that they are both there, and neither group are going anywhere.

That is the exact ignorant thinking that creates this kind of conflict where each side seems intent on wiping the other out instead of finding a way to live in peace together.

In response to your post about Israel not belonging there, you do realize that Jews lived in Palestine prior to the British taking over in the early 1900s, right?

I'm well aware of the history in this part of the world so please do not patronise me.

You're right that jews did live in Palestine prior to the british taking over, infact there was very little trouble between the two peoples at this time.

You should also be well aware they were very much outnumbered by the local arab population. Infact even after world war 2 when many jews had left Europe and moved to Palestine and the UN decided to give half of the country to each side, the Palestinians outnumbered the jews by 10 to 1.

This however is where things turned very unfair for the Palestinians. How can you expect anybody to take a 50/50 split when one side outnumbers the other 10 to 1? It would be like giving half of the UK to the minority Asian population or half of the the US to the African Americans. It's not fair, doesn't make any sense and there's no wonder it was rejected by the Palestinians.

The jews got their hands on the land they had been after for decades riding on the sympathy vote from ww2 and the the Palestinians played into their hands by rejecting the UN's offer.

It was all a very cleverly devised plan.

Fortunately some people can see through it and realise what happened is wrong, totally wrong, and no amount of Israeli BS is going change peoples opinions.

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

First of all, you were the one attributing the contents of an article to a whole people, instead of just to the author or the rag that published it. That is bigotry. Report that to the mods, while you are at it.

I do not question that the Israelis are committing atrocities and have never denied it. Read my posts.

Others, however, seem to turn a blind eye to the actions of Hamas to a degree that is is...insidious. lol. It is thinking such as that which maintains the fires of conflict....from both sides.

If you were actually objective you would see that both sides feed off the other, no? But, if you wish to cherry pick your facts, you are quite welcome to do so....whatever supports your spin.

For decades we have seen the same actions, from both sides, and the same results. Is that not the definition of insanity? Is it not time to recognize that both sides are there, neither are going anywhere so it is time for a new solution that will allow both to live in peace?

It is in Hamas's charter that:
'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will
obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.' (Preamble)

Not exactly the "preamble" for peace, is it?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

In response to your post about Israel not belonging there, you do realize that Jews lived in Palestine prior to the British taking over in the early 1900s, right?

I'm well aware of the history in this part of the world so please do not patronise me.

You're right that jews did live in Palestine prior to the british taking over, infact there was very little trouble between the two peoples at this time.

You should also be well aware they were very much outnumbered by the local arab population. Infact even after world war 2 when many jews had left Europe and moved to Palestine and the UN decided to give half of the country to each side, the Palestinians outnumbered the jews by 10 to 1.

This however is where things turned very unfair for the Palestinians. How can you expect anybody to take a 50/50 split when one side outnumbers the other 10 to 1? It would be like giving half of the UK to the minority Asian population or half of the the US to the African Americans. It's not fair, doesn't make any sense and there's no wonder it was rejected by the Palestinians.

The jews got their hands on the land they had been after for decades riding on the sympathy vote from ww2 and the the Palestinians played into their hands by rejecting the UN's offer.

It was all a very cleverly devised plan.

Fortunately some people can see through it and realise what happened is wrong, totally wrong, and no amount of Israeli BS is going change peoples opinions.

Fantastic. We have an astute historian. Let me ask you, what makes any country legitimate? May I ask you what country you have chosen to live in?

posted on Aug, 3 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

First: It would only be patronizing if I actually knew you had that knowledge.

Second: I do not excuse Israel's actions, even though you seem to think that is my aim.

As I have previously stated: Bad behavior does not excuse further bad behavior. In order for there to be peace, both side will have to stop the crap.

Part of Hamas' charter is the destruction of Israel. Not conducive to a peaceful solution, no? Does it excuse Israel's actions? No...they DO have the right to defend themselves, but they do not have the right to overreact as is their usual methodology. They also do not have a right to steal land from the Palestinians, but honestly, is Hamas helping the average palestinian by maintaining the conflict? umm... nope. Just another excuse to knock down some homes. Not a winning strategy.

What Hamas is hoping is that by continuing the conflict and playing the victim card will win a propaganda war. Apparently they do not care about a few thousand Palestinian lives.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join