It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My City Has a Level-4 BioLab Studying EBOLA !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's here. Already. Live Ebola samples and cultures! Back in April of 2012, the BioLab in my city discovered that Ebola could be transmitted from pigs to non-human primates in the air.

Should I panic? ...Several years ago there was a small plane crash in a railyard near our city center. Rumor said the plane was transporting deadly samples to the CDC in Atlanta. The explosion destroyed the plane, pilot, everything on board. Supposedly, the pilot knew what she was carrying, and purposefully turned and accelerated to crash hard in an unpopulated area when she realized she was going down (mechanical failure) - sacrificing herself to make sure everything would be incinerated and nothing would escape. No verification though. It was all covered up. Much later, we all learned that deadly samples routinely are shipped all around the continent - on trucks, trains, planes, even with commercial delivery services like FedEx.

Should we ALL panic?

Me, I got over panic back around 2004-05 when I started putting together all the info on bird flu, Mad Cow, prions and the rest of it. Turns out the world is a deadly place. Also turns out that the contaminations created by industry are accelerating (the need for) adaptation and evolution in viruses, microbes and fungi - and because of this, we are in really BIG trouble. Have been for a while.

So what's to be done? In the end, we all have to choose whether or not we embrace nature, and our place in it, or fight and build fortresses we can only hope might be impenetrable. Hard to shift gears, 'cuz every meme in our culture promotes war on everything, including the idea we have to "fight" diseases and "conquer" nature. We don't have any idea at all how to cooperate with our planet and fellow lifeforms because we all are indoctrinated from birth with the idea we have to fight everything. That's the real threat here - having to rethink, change how our minds look at problems, become different than what we were educated to be. It's downright alien.

Frightened? Panicky? The only cure is knowledge, awareness and perspective.

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My city has a Haddonron particle collider. Should I worry about black holes?
edit on PM000000310000000883108312014-08-01T12:08:43-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
On a serious note what can we do? Not fight germs? Allow nature to have its way? We negate that every time we go in out of the rain.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I advocating losing the disproven dogma, and recognizing how 'nature' actually works. Officially. Then, we can get round to clean-up, and stopping with all the contaminating and polluting that's triggering the rapid evolution of all the viruses, microbes and fungi in our world. ...They'll survive 'cuz they're all pretty basic lifeforms but those of us who are more complex will have a hard time catching up.

Point being, you have to identify the real problem, honestly, before finding an effective solution.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
My city has a Haddonron particle collider. Should I worry about black holes?

I think you're safe until you learn how to write things properly :p

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
It's here. Already. Live Ebola samples and cultures! Back in April of 2012, the BioLab in my city discovered that Ebola could be transmitted from pigs to non-human primates in the air.

...the pilot knew what she was carrying, and purposefully turned and accelerated to crash hard in an unpopulated area when she realized she was going down (mechanical failure) - sacrificing herself to make sure everything would be incinerated and nothing would escape.

that sounds so American...

like what we've learned from the movies...

about Ebola - don't worry.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: demus

that sounds so American...

....about Ebola - don't worry.

Winnipeg is in Canada. ...Did you read my post?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Viruses never kill everybody.

A bio attack would be followed up by something worse, socially, militarily, economically or politically.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Supposedly, the pilot knew what she was carrying, and purposefully turned and accelerated to crash hard in an unpopulated area when she realized she was going down (mechanical failure) - sacrificing herself to make sure everything would be incinerated and nothing would escape.

Well I don't think she realized that by crashing the plane containing such pathogens, she could have started an epidemic...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

Supposedly, the pilot knew what she was carrying, and purposefully turned and accelerated to crash hard in an unpopulated area when she realized she was going down (mechanical failure) - sacrificing herself to make sure everything would be incinerated and nothing would escape.

Well I don't think she realized that by crashing the plane containing such pathogens, she could have started an epidemic...

The plane was going to crash because of mechanical failure - she changed course to an industrial unpopulated area and accelerated so that it would incinerate to prevent an epidemic.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Oh okay. I thought that she figured out that she was carrying such pathogens and decided herself to crash the plane

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
Viruses never kill everybody.

A bio attack would be followed up by something worse, socially, militarily, economically or politically.

That's the big danger - and it looks very much like global corporate interests in West Africa just might have orchestrated this whole mess to get their hands on Billion$ and Billion$ worth of iron ore, bauxite, diamonds, gold and uranium. All in the name of "post epidemic rehabilitation and economic recovery."

Pah.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well, I suppose we could go back to the days when we all believed that it was simply bad air that made us sick.

Honestly, didn't you know that they had to send stuff all over the place? How else do you think different labs in different places got their various samples?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It just something you became aware of. We'd all be shocked if all our cities disclosed what they were researching. No need to flip out since they've been doing it all along and you just find out about it.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why not just go back the days of blaming angry Gods on making us sick?

Ebola is one scary way to die. I almost feel like fear is at play here too. Not to downplay the seriousness of the outbreak. I fear there maybe some biological warfare at play.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Duh. What do you think I've been trying to tell everyone?

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It just something you became aware of.

Not at all. Read my post, past threads. I'm simply trying to put all the Atlanta-panic into perspective.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

It just something you became aware of.

Not at all. Read my post, past threads. I'm simply trying to put all the Atlanta-panic into perspective.

Howdy there soficrow. Thank you. It was just the exclamation point at the end of the title that gave me the impression (all be-it wrong perhaps and I stand corrected if so)...that you were saying "OH MY GOD! Did you know we have this lab here in..."

That was all. And yes, I have read yours....thank you for replying. MS

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Duh. What do you think I've been trying to tell everyone?

Honestly, it's hard to tell anymore. There is so much outright hysteria over this that really my head is bloody from beating it against the wall.

I live in the Bio-Corridor in the Midwest. There is so much stuff out here ... not counting the things just where my husband works (and that's not all very nasty stuff although some of it is). But that stuff gets shipped around the country between labs. There are so many different regulatory agencies and regimes and protocols involved that its a nightmare to get anything anywhere. My husband says it can take upwards of six months just to figure out how to send benign stuff a few hours down the road.

It's not like anything that gets sent, gets sent cavalierly ... unless apparently you are the CDC.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I guess the strategy is to keep it all low key and not call attention to shipments.

....What really bugs me here is that quarantine never, ever works for animal-borne diseases. But that's what's being pushed. 'Cuz people are scared and more than willing to give up their liberties -and personal freedoms- for the illusion of safety. BIG mistake.

edit on 1/8/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join