It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My City Has a Level-4 BioLab Studying EBOLA !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I think the thing that scares me today is how many people I have heard who are just freaking out over this. People who are otherwise sensible and rational are acting like this thing is the end of the world and we're all going to die and be plunged into a Last Ship/The Walking Dead style holocaust when even if there is an outbreak, it's highly unlikely to get anywhere if people keep there heads.

But even before anything has a chance to happen, no one is keeping their head.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Me too. But I sort of understand it - there has been so much damage control, and so many lies, and people just read the headlines anyway 'cuz those cute little phones don't encourage actual reading and learning.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great thread. The major problem with society is that everyone is too trusting in government, officials, or professionals to do their jobs right, and correctly every time. One example is human error causing a bad vaccine that resulted in the Spanish Flu killing millions. In a case like Ebola going to Atlanta, human error could cause an epidemic. NOT bringing the virus here eliminates that entirely. (Aside from accidentally dropping on the vials we have in our freezers, but lets not add to the pile)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Are you aware what containment level the lab studying Ebola is at ? - last time i visited a GSK lab that had live AIDS virus they were at Class 4 - ie full bio suits an negative pressure ?

They also had Smalllpox in the same lab

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Silk

The original post and title says Level-4.
edit on 1-8-2014 by Gen3r1x because: addition

posted on Aug, 5 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Seems some good came of it.

Experimental Ebola drug based on research discoveries from Canada’s national lab

The experimental Ebola drug given to two American aid workers is based on years of research done at Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg. ...

...Sources have told The Canadian Press that two of the three monoclonal antibodies in the drug were designed at the Winnipeg laboratory.

The work was done under the leadership of Dr. Gary Kobinger who heads the special pathogens research program at the national lab.

...The third monoclonal antibody in the product was developed by a U.S. government laboratory.

Rights to the Canadian-designed monoclonal antibodies have been acquired by a U.S. company called Leaf Biopharmaceutical of San Diego, California.

The company is partnered with Mapp Biopharmaceutical, also of San Diego, which makes the experimental therapy, called ZMapp.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join