It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the cleanest city in the world is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Yay! Calgary, Alberta

AREA: 280.5 sq miles (726.5 km²) POPULATION: Almost 1.2 million

Calgary, in Alberta, is the cleanest city in the world! This large "ecological city" is very important for the flow of pure water and the proper use of it. It has a central wastewater purifying up to 100 million litres of water per day. The 75% of the city is powered by renewable energy. It includes a program to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills. A city absolutely determined on material recycling.

Calgary is #1 in North America, and world, for so many things: High GDP, Cleanliness, Most business HQ's, Most Parks per Sq Foot, Highest Police Approval Rating, #1 Place to Raise A Family.

If any of you Americas plan on moving, this is where you want to be.

edit on 1-8-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
They only let a few cities around the world be truly innovative, the rest must continue to be as inefficient as possible.
edit on 55000000b312014p35am by subtopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Way to go Canada !
I can tell your Canadian by your name, and avatar, however the biggest give away was....

The fact that you didn't say : "Haha World were the best , your the worst. Suck it losers " Thats the american way to say it at least.

But Calgary does sound awesome. I'm not much of a city guy however a small town 30 - 40 minutes out of the city , now that sounds nice. My two choices currently are Lansing which is 40 minutes SE or Detroit which is 50 minutes SW. Needless to say I don't go to either . We just go to the next small town over until we find what we need.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Somewhere I've always wanted to visit - not just for the city but for the surroundings.

Maybe one day I'll head down there (yes, down: Calgary is south of London... just!)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Nice !
I actually was missing a link to article.. found this one MBC times
Not bad Helsinki was third and Helsinki is dirtiest city in Finland so i guess they skipped cities by size of the population. What was the take i cannot see.. what were requirements...

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'd like to see the list of the cities, and the order. Not merely the top #1, or top #12.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Calgary is awesome, expensive, but awesome

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Now if only Albertans could be super clean when they travel to B.C. They always leave the garbage all over our mountains & usually are the ones causing avalanches on the mountains.

That's the only complaint I have about people from my birth province. I understand why they are bad drivers, you would be too if you are used to driving in a straight line & suddenly have to drive all over the place, up hill/down hill/hairpin turns etc

I miss the thunderstorms, here in B.C you get ThunderTeases. You get a couple good flashes of lightening and then the storm is over. BOO!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Booo-uuurrnss!

You suck!

Love Edmonton.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

How is it in the winter?

Does it get very cold?

Does it get dark early?

Would you say Vancouver is on par with Calgary?

edit on 1-8-2014 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
How is it in the winter?

Does it get very cold?

Does it get dark early?

Calgary has one of the warmest winters of all the major prairie cities. It can get very cold, but it can also be very warm, it, literally, depends on which way the wind is blowing.

Yes, it will get dark earlier in the winter, but there is a majesty to the darkness, the lights, and the cold crisp air.

It is an extremely beautiful city, especially the southern river valley areas.

This is highly subjective.

My wife loves Vancouver. She loves the layout, the climate, the atmosphere, looming mountains to the east, and the ocean to the west.

I am not a huge fan of Vancouver, although, I do love the rain. I prefer Calgary over it, even in the winter.
edit on 1-8-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Booo-uuurrnss!

You suck!

Love Edmonton.

Lol, I gave you a star for that.
Go Eskimos go!!

Plus a thumbs up for booo-uuurrnss

I may live in BC but I still cheer for the Eskimo's. Makes for good football games with my Mom (a Lions fan)

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CALGARIAN

If any of you Americas plan on moving, this is where you want to be.

Yeah, let me know when you build your guest house.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Since I was born in Edmonton, I have a sworn duty to deny you a star and flag...

BUT, since I was born in Edmonton which makes me a little bit better than you, I will take the high road and give it to you.
So here you go, strait from 'Dirt City" S+F!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Booo-uuurrnss!

You suck!

Love Edmonton.

Come on now, lets be courteous to our non-capital city. You and I know we are better but we still have to be civil.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Lol, see my second post about Calgary.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

Lol, see my second post about Calgary.

I just finished reading it before I saw this post. That is funny because I live in Vancouver now too. Love the Prairie sun and my cars MPG could do without the 50 elevation changes on my way to and from work here but if I had to go back I think I would kick and scream.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

How is it in the winter?

Does it get very cold?

Does it get dark early?

Cold. Long. Atleast 7 months... but we have Chinooks here, which is a warm weather front. So randomly for 3 or 4 days in a row, we get +10 (Celsius) in the midst of a week that was -30.

Dark early in winter. See above.

Calgary doesn't have a ocean front.. we have a few rivers, which go through the city. (Good, clean mountain water.. great for rafting in summer). More jobs here. Less population.

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Since I was born in Edmonton, I have a sworn duty to deny you a star and flag...

BUT, since I was born in Edmonton which makes me a little bit better than you, I will take the high road and give it to you.
So here you go, strait from 'Dirt City" S+F!!!!

I was born in New Brunswick. So..

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

And it seems your football team is pretty good as well and has a great history.
Nothing was on the tube at my buddies house so we watched some CFL.
Saw your home team and though of this article.

Not to shabby Calgary.
Looking pretty good from my house.

top topics

join