It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patient in Atlanta Hospital

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCynic

Those aren't symptoms, those are complications as the disease progresses.

If they were a primary symptom of Ebola, they would have it listed under...."Symptoms".

At the point of complications, no Ebola patient is going to be walking and definitely on the subway riding around.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: new_here

With each passing day, we have 21 days from the moment the last airplane lands in the US from another country, because no one truly knows where those people have traveled and what their exposure/infection status is.

The first case of this outbreak was back in December.

If it is so easy to transmit and so easy to bring to the USA, why isn't it hear already?

Because when an outbreak is localized and small, the chances of one of the infected traveling to the US is very low. Now it has spread to multiple countries and the victims (and suspected victims) are much higher in numbers, and much more disparate in origins. Therefore, the chances are higher now and will grow with the number of cases.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They strongly disagree??

From your quote/link:

Some patients may experience:
A Rash
Red Eyes
Hiccups
Cough
Sore throat
Chest pain
Difficulty breathing
Difficulty swallowing
Bleeding inside and outside of the body

Ebola is not a respiratory disease, if it was that would say MOST or ALL, not SOME. Some patients have weaker immune systems than other or are already prone to certain types of infections. Your body is trying to fight Ebola and it opens up the chance to contract other infections, some of which may involve coughing.

So they don't strongly disagree at all. The CDC does not classify it as a respiratory disease. They plainly say it is not:

I have posted this link about 10 times and the panic party keeps ignoring it:

www.cdc.gov...

Can Ebola be transmitted through the air?
No. Ebola is not a respiratory disease like the flu, so it is not transmitted through the air.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Because sometimes people cough and sneeze, whether they are sick or not...

Again, from the CDC:

www.cdc.gov...

Can Ebola be transmitted through the air?
No. Ebola is not a respiratory disease like the flu, so it is not transmitted through the air.

Please stop ignoring that link.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Alright, so the page where the CDC is listing symptoms aren't really symptoms? They are something else, because you say they are despite how the experts at CDC labeled their own information?

The header and title of that CDC page is "Signs and Symptoms". Please, do explain where on their page a list of symptoms isn't really a list of symptoms?

You have me totally confused if we are trying to base a discussion on the facts from experts vs. what we just want to say the facts are?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Or you could read my link taken from the CDC...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Those aren't symptoms, those are complications as the disease progresses.

If they were a primary symptom of Ebola, they would have it listed under...."Symptoms".

At the point of complications, no Ebola patient is going to be walking and definitely on the subway riding around.

I refer you to this quote:

He added: 'What shocking is how healthy the patients look before they die and how quickly they decline. 'A number of the Ebola patients I've seen look quite fit and healthy and can be walking around until shortly before their deaths.'

Source

Yes, it's the Daily Fail. But this is indeed a real doctor, with real credentials, and even has a picture of him to verify for yourself that he's real and has really been working in Africa with ebola patients.

Here is his credentials and here is a CNN article on him.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

That does not discredit the fact that sneezes, coughs and talking CAN transmit the disease. If sneezes, coughs and talking COULD NOT spread the virus, they would not issue the warning.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The CDC page is very clear. It has a list of symptoms, which coughing and sneezing are not on it. And it has a list of "some people MAY experience". Just because they are on the same page doesn't automatically make it a symptom.

Coughing and sneezing are not a SYMPTOM of Ebola, a symptom is something you can use to identify a patient potentially having a certain disease.

If you go into the ER and you are coughing and sneezing...they are not going to suspect Ebola at all. Even if you have a fever and all you have is a fever, coughing and sneezing...they won't suspect Ebola...because Ebola is not a respiratory disease.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

a reply to: DirtyD

I KNOW! But now you're saying close contact, which has been my point all along. A symptomatic person coughing and sneezing on a packed 6 train in grand central station at rush hour could unwittingly infect countless people through "close contact".

Ebola is not a respiratory disease, there is no reason someone with Ebola should be coughing and sneezing all over people.

A person with Ebola that is contagious will have a high fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. I doubt someone with those symptoms is getting on a train. And if he does...he would have to vomit, poop, or bleed on someone to infect them.

Again, coughing and sneezing are not symptoms or Ebola...there would be no logical reason someone should think that someone with Ebola is going to have the energy to get on a train while they are contagious and then cough and sneeze all over everyone for no reason.

There is no sneezing...there is no coughing associated with Ebola, so to attempt to create a scenario where coughing and sneezing on people is the primary means of transmission doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's a good plot for a movie...but not in reality.

Get your facts straight before you come in here pretending to be an Ebola expert.

Via CDC:

Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Signs and Symptoms

Fever
Headache
Joint and muscle aches
Weakness
Diarrhea
Vomiting
Stomach pain
Lack of appetite
A Rash
Red Eyes
Hiccups
Cough
Sore throat
Chest pain
Difficulty breathing
Difficulty swallowing
Bleeding inside and outside of the body

www.cdc.gov...

link   

Okay, this is just silliness and childish.

A post stated coughing was not a part of Ebola. The post stated there was no reason an Ebola infected person should be coughing or sneezing.

The Centers for Disease Control show, in their basic symptoms summary page for Ebola, COUGHING is a known and expected way the disease presents itself.

Apparently, it doesn't do it for every single infected person to suffer from Ebola. Not every one dies, either. Enough DO experience COUGHING as part of the symptoms to warrant a specific mention by a world authority on the illness and their main reference page for the topic.

I never said anything either way about respiratory disease. I showed COUGHING is absolutely a documented symptom of this disease and it seems to result from difficulty in breathing, swallowing and sore throat issues to take a guess beyond stated facts.

link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

And what does your post prove exactly? It only proves that from the time someone starts to show symptoms to when they go kaput is very fast.

Back to the train scenario:

www.prevention.com...

WH: I’m envisioning a scenario where someone sneezes on the subway and suddenly everyone who rides the 7 train (like I do) becomes infected.
Dr. Basler:
The idea that it can be spread on the subway by a sneeze is relatively unlikely.

Chris Basler, Ph.D., a virologist specializing in Ebola at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Damn phone.

I'm over this.

out...
edit on 8/6/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

No, it is not an expected way, that is why it says SOME develop coughing. It isn't a precursor to the disease.

If someone comes in with a fever and a cough they don't say "Oh, might be Ebola" because of cough happens in very few people and could be psychosomatic or a secondary infection completely unrelated to the disease.

The fact it is in a second column means that it is not a primary symptom of the disease. Most people do not experience any type of cough.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

If you go into the ER and you are coughing and sneezing...they are not going to suspect Ebola at all. Even if you have a fever and all you have is a fever, coughing and sneezing...they won't suspect Ebola...because Ebola is not a respiratory disease.

This certainly does not bode well towards easing the minds of those concerned about an outbreak. It seems like you are saying a coughing/sneezing Ebola-infected person may go undetected/untested because they happen to be coughing or sneezing, since it is not a respiratory disease. CDC does not say persons infected with Ebola will not cough or sneeze.

link   

You have got to be kidding me.

That is an actual screen capture from the CDC site itself, just so there is NO question about context, layout or how they are presented.

Now are you honestly going to tell me with a straight face, the second set of items is not a related and connected list of symptoms from the first list? I see and fully understand they are separated by frequency of occurrance within cases, but you aren't suggesting that. You're suggesting they are not symptoms at all?

How??

link   

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

When did I say they aren't symptoms? I clearly said they are not precursors to the disease and that it happens in so few people it isn't used as an example to determine if someone may have Ebola. Again, MOST PEOPLE never ever develop a cough when symptomatic.

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join