It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Report reveals ‘disturbing trend’ of brazen attacks against border security by gangs,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

A game warden hit in the head with a rock while trying to seize a raft. Police officers wounded in an hours-long standoff with a gang member wanted for murder. Criminals spewing obscenities and death threats at local cops before asking for – and receiving – medical treatment.

And that was just last week.

A weekly report distributed by a Texas state agency to senior law enforcement officials paints a grim picture of the Mexican border, where authorities regularly confront illegal immigrant gang members and draw automatic gunfire from across the Rio Grande, and where local, state and federal authorities fight a never-ending battle against drug smugglers.

EXCLUSIVE: Report reveals ‘disturbing trend’ of brazen attacks against border security by gangs, drug and human traffickers

Aww it is just poor little kids. People better wake up on this issue its all kind of people crossing not poor kids its criminals rapists drug dealing gangs and cartels to name a few. This is the destruction of America from within.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

No it's not all just "poor little kids" - the poor little kids are the poor little kids - this clearly identifies the miscreants as the GANGS and TRAFFICKERS.

sorry your education system has failed you in this respect.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And before you start with America is supposed to take in immigrants people seem to forget one very important word and that word is LEGAL. My great great grandparents were immigrants but they did it the legal way not illegal....Also In the week of July 16-23 alone, according to the report, U.S. authorities apprehended 6,028 illegal immigrants, 4,152 of whom were not from Mexico. Most came from Central America. But there also were people from Russia, Morocco, China, Cuba and India, among other nations.from article

edit on 30-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

And this of course excuses the situation in any way?

What a giant mess..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
only the people participating in the attacks are guilty. the rest of the people / children / teenagers are not the problem. the actual real problem is their own countries being awful places to live.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Lots of poor unaccompanied children? Doesn't look like it. That claim is just to get sympathy and is a misleading idea planted by the Administration.

There are about 180,000 illegals a year and perhaps 7% are unaccompanied children, but many of them are 12 and older. That's not the picture the press is painting, is it?

www.csmonitor.com...

And while our agents are dealing with them, they aren't patrolling the border.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: switchqm8
And before you start with America is supposed to take in immigrants people seem to forget one very important word and that word is LEGAL. My great great grandparents were immigrants but they did it the legal way not illegal....Also In the week of July 16-23 alone, according to the report, U.S. authorities apprehended 6,028 illegal immigrants, 4,152 of whom were not from Mexico. Most came from Central America. But there also were people from Russia, Morocco, China, Cuba and India, among other nations.from article

Just wait. When the first confirmed case of Ebola is identified as coming from our Southern border....people will start singing a different tune about closing the borders.

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It seems to me that the majority of people who think we should take in every illegal with open arms are.
A. thousands of miles away from the border
or
B. In other countries
I'm sure if the US started flying illegals to other countries tunes would be changing real quick.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Its amazing to me that the US will wage war against foreign countries thousands of miles away but cant keep gangs and smugglers of weapons and drugs out of its own territory.

I feel bad for the kids who have to grow up so soon but a closed border is the only way to know what's coming in and who's coming in

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
only the people participating in the attacks are guilty. the rest of the people / children / teenagers are not the problem. the actual real problem is their own countries being awful places to live.

But yes they are still a problem they are coming here illegally. Sorry do it the right way or don't do it at all.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Just wait. When the first confirmed case of Ebola is identified as coming from our Southern border....people will start singing a different tune about closing the borders.

Des

Yes i agree with you Des .another article on them and chicken pox,,,www.washingtontimes.com... pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown

edit on 30-7-2014 by switchqm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I'm a little confused, but then I'm Mr. Confusion.

So, if the problem is that their countries are awful places to live, is the US responsible for the solution? There are lots and lots of countries that are awful places to live. You make it sound like we have a lot of fixing to do. Of course, it's my understanding that more than one country doesn't want the US messing with their internal affairs. How do we help the world to become a nice place to live?

Meanwhile . . . What? Leave the border open? Clang it shut?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: switchqm8

Schools start soon. Schools are nothing more than giant petri dishes. Ask any teacher.

Unless there is immunization, and TB testing of every single immigrant child placed in our school system in every State...we could be looking at a horrible mess.

Des

edit on 30-7-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Lots of poor unaccompanied children? Doesn't look like it. That claim is just to get sympathy and is a misleading idea planted by the Administration.
There are about 180,000 illegals a year and perhaps 7% are unaccompanied children,

Which would be about 12,500 - is that not a lot of unaccompanied children??

... but many of them are 12 and older. That's not the picture the press is painting, is it?
www.csmonitor.com...

In what way is that not the situation??

Indeed - but that's not what het OP was about, and doesn't address the OP being factually wrong with his assessment about who is the offender in eth article he quotes.

you can't support any position that is blatantly false like that - get the basic facts right, THEN rant about it!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Jeezuz! isn't it pretty damn obvious that this immigration" Problem" is a major ploy to destroy forever the middle class and the American dream?
Cant read the writing on the wall?
Just watch....

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
One of my really good friends growing up (80's-90's) was the son of a Border Patrol officer. He was one of the nicest good hearted people I have come across. I called him when I was thrown in the clink. He also had the crazy stories of finding tunnels, people in tires, day to day stuff when trying to secure the border. He mentioned many times that it was not always Mexicans. South Americans, Africans, and yes even Middle Easterners were caught all the time. This was 25-30 years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

But yes they are still a problem they are coming here illegally. Sorry do it the right way or don't do it at all.

For those of European ancestry I am curious about how their first generations arrived on our continent. I am sure there are a few who arrived before the nation was founded, before immigrations laws were in effect, but most curious about those who came later and went through Ellis Island for processing. Were they required to have their visas and immigrations papers arranged in advance, or did many show up on our shores hopeful they would be let in?

We used to have temporary migrant worker programs for labor needed to harvest crops and other lesser-skilled labor work that many of the unauthorized workers perform today but those programs seem to be a thing of the past. Despite the downturn in the economy it still seems many native US citizens are selecting farm labor/harvesting as a vocation. It appears the back door may be left open on-purpose to attract such laborers, and to deny them legitimate entry into the US so that sub-standard pay and conditions could be offered that would be required for properly documented workers, so that funds would be paid into phoney Social Security accounts that will never be withdrawn.

Despite what the average American citizen desires of its immigrants, that they be legal and legitimate, there is a good degree of reluctance by the government to turn these people away. I wonder why that is??

edit on 30-7-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Dear Aloysius the Gaul,

I'm glad you asked. Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I write confusingly. Let me see if I can answer you.

Which would be about 12,500 - is that not a lot of unaccompanied children??
You're right that it is. My problem was in using the word "lot," it's too vague, that's my error. It's a lot compared to zero, but 7% isn't a lot compared to the whole.

... but many of them are 12 and older. That's not the picture the press is painting, is it?

In what way is that not the situation??
I might be looking at the wrong press stories, but it seems to me that the vast proportion of the coverage is about "the children." The churches and politicians keep referring to the children as the reason we have to do something (something expensive and immediately).

Indeed - but that's not what het OP was about, and doesn't address the OP being factually wrong with his assessment about who is the offender in eth article he quotes.

That confuses me. Is the OP factually wrong? If it is, am I required to address it?

you can't support any position that is blatantly false like that - get the basic facts right, THEN rant about it!

I'm confused again. Did you think I was ranting? Did I make basic errors of fact? What position am I supporting? Is the OP "blatantly false?"

I'd appreciate it if you could clear this up for me, then I could give you a better answer.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Erongaricuaro

Simple answer Yes, you had to have your papers in order even then, as a matter of fact, Health records and your exam was the biggest concern.
There wasn't just an Open Door Policy, Come On In and Enjoy Yourself... You had to be either well off like a 1st class or 2nd class passenger to be examined on ship and allowed to inprocess quickly.

First and second class passengers who arrived in New York Harbor were not required to undergo the inspection process at Ellis Island. Instead, these passengers underwent a cursory inspection aboard ship; the theory being that if a person could afford to purchase a first or second class ticket, they were less likely to become a public charge in America due to medical or legal reasons. The Federal government felt that these more affluent passengers would not end up in institutions, hospitals or become a burden to the state. However, first and second class passengers were sent to Ellis Island for further inspection if they were sick or had legal problems.

This scenario was far different for "steerage" or third class passengers. These immigrants traveled in crowded and often unsanitary conditions near the bottom of steamships with few amenities, often spending up to two weeks seasick in their bunks during rough Atlantic Ocean crossings. Upon arrival in New York City, ships would dock at the Hudson or East River piers. First and second class passengers would disembark, pass through Customs at the piers and were free to enter the United States. The steerage and third class passengers were transported from the pier by ferry or barge to Ellis Island where everyone would undergo a medical and legal inspection.

If the immigrant's papers were in order and they were in reasonably good health, the Ellis Island inspection process would last approximately three to five hours.

Not entering illegally,,,or a Burden on the State!!!
Link
edit on 31-7-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What happened to the National Guard in Texas being called up?
I thought that was happening, to help out the border patrol? Not that they will be the magic cure all, but it sure seems the more bodies on the border, the better. Because this is seriously out of control and we are going to be hurting even worse soon.

Hmmm, how many Americans that need jobs could be put to work, either on border patrol, or, in the extreme, building a wall?

Well, I guess we can't afford that, too many illegal aliens to take care of.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join