It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22 or Ruger 10/22 Takedown?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gunblaize

Lol. I bought the gun for 230 GBP. All inclusive scope, silencer, bag etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I'm looking to get a .22 rifle. I've been strongly considering the 10/22. No one ever has anything bad to say about the 10/22. But The M&P 15/22 looks more awesome. Has anyone ever shot an M&P 15/22? Which would you rather have?

I would rather have the street sweeper, a 50 cal, a 308 and a 44 pistol. These guns will cover all the bases and round home too. The street sweeper for all those close encounters with large numbers. A real good gun to rip and clear a path when you need one. The 50 cal for all the long shots the animals won't see comin. A 308 is a great hunting rifle and will last. A true friend in the bush. A 44 pistol to take down close range itchy crazy critters. You never know whats comin at ya. It a good idea for an extra gun to have a .22 pistol. The bullets are cheap and you can fire alot of them and easy to carry in a jacket. Happy Hunting. Don't forget to tag it.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I bought the take down.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

I've had the opportunity to shoot both of these and I chose to buy the Ruger stainless steel 10/22 non-takedown version. To me it just felt more solid and more comfortable to shoot. That combined with the huge selection of aftermarket products for the Ruger made it an easy decision. I didn't go for the takedown version because I had read about some quality control issues with them. Not fitting together well, rough finishing, etc. Since the dealer had a nice stainless one with a synthetic black stock that was flawless I took it.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just went and bought one this moment at Cheaper than Dirt.

$329 list for the Collector Series 25-rd model, $220 sales price. I wanted the fiber optics and 25 clip. I could have looked at stainless, but this is fine.

www.ruger.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

You won't be sorry. It's a great little rifle. You'll be surprised how quickly you can burn through 25 rounds with using a gun with no recoil.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It seems like something like my wife could master. She's afraid of the shotty and K2, but not the S&W 9mm. The only other.22 I ever had in my life is from my Grandfather, a pump w/a crowned octagon barrel. I forget the make, but it's glitchy. He made the stock from a black cherry tree.

I'd still like an M1, but the Ruger is close enough.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Don't listen to any moron who gives you grief about the "manliness" of the 22lr round. The best gun for you is the one you can shoot well. To shoot consistent well you need a great deal of practice. It's a affordable round to plink with and the low recoil will allow you to put half a dozen on target quick fast in a hurry.

The 22lr caliber is greatly underestimated for its lethality. Particularly with some of the new high velocity hollow point ammunition. It is an excellent small game hunting round and I'd have no problem using it in a defensive situation.

A big factor to consider in a shtf firearm is ammunition availability and portability. I can carry 10000 rounds of 22lr in a decent backpack with relative ease. In a "head for hills" on foot situation having that amount of ammo will keep you and your family fed for a long long time. And as I said in another thread, I can hit the eye of anything on two legs from considerable distance or up close if need be. That's why my bug out "on foot" guns will be a 22 semi auto pistol and a 22 semi auto rifle.

A gun with out ammo is a fancy club. I'll put my loaded 22 up against your unloaded big csliber fancy club any day.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I used to have a Ruger 10/22 . Never did anything to it but yeah, TONS of aftermarket stuff. I bought it with the hope of getting another one and doing a twin gatling kit. My dad took it Colombia and I have never seen it since...LOL Its a great gun.

edit on 10 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join