It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 1.6 Million Arabs under Attack by Hamas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PleiaDsClusterDck

originally posted by: dashen
Ok. Its a dirty trick.
Did you know that there are over 1.6 million Israeli Arabs Living in Israel?
Did you know that they enjoy a first world lifestyle?
Did you know that they aren't second-class citizens?
Did you know that they run for shelter too When the missiles hit their neighborhoods?
I wonder why almost 2 million Arabs can peacefully live in Israel like civilized humans and just a few miles away many more are ready to strap explosives to their children and send them into a crowded mall
Arab citizens of Israel
Palestinian child bombers

Can I ask why this isn't considered propaganda?

Because it's the truth.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: dashen

There is a growing segment of society that won't be happy until the country of Israel is gone.

There simply will not be any peace until that time.

Sad.

There may be some that want Israel wiped-out, but many people just see the terrible state the Palestinians are in and think something must be done.

It really has nothing to do with Israel for some.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Actually I didn't until last week. A member pointed it out. Damned if I can find him atm. 1 in 5 Israelis aren't Jewish. So obviously the Palestinians have a problem with Israelis, not Jews.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

Ok. Its a dirty trick.
Did you know that there are over 1.6 million Israeli Arabs Living in Israel?
Did you know that they enjoy a first world lifestyle?
Did you know that they aren't second-class citizens?
Did you know that they run for shelter too When the missiles hit their neighborhoods?
I wonder why almost 2 million Arabs can peacefully live in Israel like civilized humans and just a few miles away many more are ready to strap explosives to their children and send them into a crowded mall
Arab citizens of Israel
Palestinian child bombers

Can I ask why this isn't considered propaganda?

Because it's the truth.

Propaganda does not necessarily exclude the truth, in fact it most often requires it to be effective.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PleiaDsClusterDck

Calling Gaza a FEMA camp is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

Either way, I'm not taking sides.
My solution is to combine Israel and Palestine into one unified state, make them to live together peacefully. I think the world has had enough religious extremism and petty nation bickering for the next 10,000 years or more.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Are you saying that there ISN'T 1.6 million non-Jews in Israel?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is so funny, did you even read your first link, I put a few down below but there is so much more if you read it all.There is literally too much to put in this one post

The rights of citizens are guaranteed by a set of basic laws (Israel does not have a written constitution).[155] Although this set of laws does not explicitly include the term "right to equality", the Israeli Supreme Court has consistently interpreted "Basic Law: Human Dignity and Liberty"[156] and "Basic Law: Freedom of Occupation (1994)"[157] as guaranteeing equal rights for all Israeli citizens.

Yousef Munayyer, an Israeli citizen and the executive director of The Jerusalem Fund, wrote that Palestinians only have varying degrees of limited rights in Israel. He states that although Palestinians make up about 20 percent of Israel's population, less than 7 percent of the budget is allocated to Palestinian citizens. He describes the 1.5 million Arab citizens of Israel as second-class citizens while four million more are not citizens at all. He states that a Jew from any country can move to Israel but a Palestinian refugee, with a valid claim to property in Israel, cannot.

Human Rights Watch has charged that cuts in veteran benefits and child allowances based on parents' military service discriminate against Arab children: "The cuts will also affect the children of Jewish ultra-orthodox parents who do not serve in the military, but they are eligible for extra subsidies, including educational supplements, not available to Palestinian Arab children."

In March 2010, a report released by several Israeli civil rights groups stated that the current Knesset was "the most racist in Israeli history" with 21 bills proposed in 2008 and 2009 that would discriminate against the country's Arab minority.

Intermarriage is prohibited by the Jewish Halakha.[210] In the case of mixed Arab-Jewish marriages, emotions run especially high. A 2007 opinion survey found that more than half of Israeli Jews believed intermarriage was equivalent to national treason. A group of Jewish men in the Jerusalem neighborhood of Pisgat Ze'ev started patrolling the neighborhood to stop Jewish women from dating Arab men.

Inequality in the allocation of public funding for Jewish and Arab needs, and widespread employment discrimination, present significant economic hurdles for Arab citizens of Israel

edit on 29-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Are you saying that there ISN'T 1.6 million non-Jews in Israel?

Do you understand what I wrote AT ALL?

It doesn't matter how many non-Jews are in Israel. The FACT that there are non-Jews who live in Israel is being used as a political distraction to try to gain some sort of emotional advantage.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

So obviously the Palestinians have a problem with Israelis, not Jews.

So obviously the Israelis have a problem with Hamas, not Palestinians

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The FACT that there are non-Jews who live in Israel is being used as a political distraction to try to gain some sort of emotional advantage.

I think those 1.6 million Israeli Arabs would disagree with you

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So obviously the Palestinians have a problem with Israelis, not Jews.

So obviously the Israelis have a problem with Hamas, not Palestinians

THAT'S a bit of a reach imo. I could post an interview from an Israeli ambassador that shows that this is total crap but I couldn't read the whole thing. It insulted my intelligence.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

that is abit out of context. Palestinians claiming Israeli citizenship would be denied as they would more rightly claim Palestinian citizenship. The Arab Druze and others of Bedouin ancestry are granted Israeli citizenship shouldn they want it.
There are Arabs in the Israeli military and government. There are currently 12 Arab members of the Knesset.
also your quote about groups of men patrolling to stop intermarriage is way out of context.
those are ultra ultra mega Orthodox people.
when they start getting out of hand Israeli police show up and bop them on the head with night sticks. I've been there to see it

edit on 29-7-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

www.mercedsunstar.com...

I think the Israelis and Palestinians should take a few weeks off and go camping together.
Figure some things out.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Hey remember now this is your source not mine

On 31 July 2003, Israel enacted the Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law (Temporary Provision), 5763-2003, a one year amendment to Israel's Citizenship Law denying citizenship and Israeli residence to Palestinians who reside in the West Bank or Gaza Strip and who marry Israelis

The Israel Land Administration, which administers 93% of the land in Israel (including the land owned by the Jewish National Fund), refuses to lease land to non-Jewish foreign nationals, who include Palestinian residents of Jerusalem who have identity cards but are not citizens of Israel.

Israeli law also discriminates between Jewish and Arab residents of Jerusalem regarding rights to recover property owned before the dislocations created by the 1948 Arab-Israeli War.

The Arab citizens of Israel live in a reality in which they experience discrimination as Arabs. This inequality has been documented in a large number of professional surveys and studies, has been confirmed in court judgments and government resolutions, and has also found expression in reports by the state comptroller and in other official documents. Although the Jewish majority’s awareness of this discrimination is often quite low, it plays a central role in the sensibilities and attitudes of Arab citizens. This discrimination is widely accepted, both within the Arab sector and outside it, and by official assessments, as a chief cause of agitation.

According to the 2004 U.S. State Department Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for Israel and the Occupied Territories, the Israeli government had done "little to reduce institutional, legal, and societal discrimination against the country's Arab citizens"

"According to a 2005 study at Hebrew University, three times more money was invested in education of Jewish children as in Arab children."

Israeli legislation, therefore, allows Jews to recover their land, but not Arabs.

The city of Kiryat Gat launched a campaign in schools to warn Jewish girls against dating local Bedouin men.

The reports categorizes as "racist" proposals such as giving academic scholarships to soldiers who served in combat units, and a bill to revoke government funding from organizations acting "against the principles of the State".[213] The Coalition Against Racism and the Mossawa Center said that the proposed legislation seeks to de-legitimize Israel's Arab citizens by decreasing their civil rights

edit on 29-7-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You guys realize we are having the same argument over and over and over?

We will never win an argument with each other.

This site is about discussion not the First to post Pro-Israel, First to post Pro-Palestine.

Really can't we have a discussion with out the he said she said BS?

Why can't we just for once stop making threads and posts about how "evil Muslims are" or "evil Jews are"

Start backing your posts up with facts. not the BS.
If I bring up a point I back it. You bring up a point Back it.

Just because my opinion is different from your's does not make me wrong.
Show me why I am wrong.
Just because your opinion is different from mine does not make your wrong.
If I firmly believe your opinion is wrong I need to bring facts to the table and show it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Anti war protesters in Israel forced to flee from Hamas rocket fire

www.mercedsunstar.com...

edit on 29-7-2014 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Those quotess from my source are talking about people of Palestinian descent.
Not Druze. Samaritan. Bedouin. Christian Arab.
It should not be surprising that the Palestinians don't have Israeli rights

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Because they are poor and desperate. It's amazing what people will do when they have nothing to lose.

And it's also amazing what people are allowed to do when they are poor and desperate.

I guess all the homeless in the world should start blowing s#t up.

They too have nothing to lose.

Awesome observation though.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Those quotess from my source are talking about people of Palestinian descent.
Not Druze. Samaritan. Bedouin. Christian Arab.
It should not be surprising that the Palestinians don't have Israeli rights

I don't think so, nice try but it is talking about Arabs most of the time, if it means Palestinians it mentions them by name. Your source is actually a great tool to see the discrimination against Arabs in Israel, cheers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join