It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say what you want about Hamas Rockets

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So where does any argument about land ownership go from here.
If there were all sorts of people living there then, then all sorts of people should be allowed to live there now. I just question the right of some one from the outside to take land which is not theirs and give it to someone from some other place to move onto.

I admit to being "simple minded" but even I can understand this.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Not to mention Hamas is launching the rockets from mosques, schools, and civilian homes. How the rest of the world does not see this as wrong and worthy of retaliation is beyond me.

Well, when you don't have Apache gunships and laser guided munitions you work with what you have.

During the American Revolution the American "rebels" were seen as cowardly for using primitive camouflage and using sneak attack tactics.

When you are desperate and have very little, you fight asymmetrically. I doubt anyone here would call the kids from the movie "Red Dawn" terrorists and demonize them for their underhanded tactics.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

do away with all terror groups. bring both side to the table and set up a two state solution, it that plain and simple.

Israel has already said time and time again they would do that if Arabs would stop attacking them. they take land and occupy it to keep the terrorist from moving in.

it's not about wanting all of the land, their strong enough now and in the past that they could have kept what they took and or could take it again it they wanted to.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

But they won't agree to do that will they? They don't want compromise; it's all or nothing.

The Palestinians should round up hamas, sit them down for negotiations and force them to talk it out.

If they refuse put a boot in their ass and expel them from the area. Put in power a group that truly represents what the people want.

Then if Israel goes buck wild the blame will all fall on them...as it should. Just an idea of course.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BabyFarkMcGeeZax

A loud bang doesn't equate with much damage.

Then you won't mind holding a fire cracker in your hand while it makes 'a loud bang'? It shouldn't do much damage. I really get tired of the "but Hamas rockets don't do much damage" idiocy. Innocent people on both sides are dying so let's be honest about it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ouch, sorry I mis-typed a number....Sure it was in '48. Palestinians rejected the UN partition in 1948 when the Jews were offered 60% of Palestine, including MOST of the arable land even though then they only owned 10% of the land and Palestinians were two thirds of the population...I can sort of see why they didn't want to give MOST of the the land they were living on away...

Also are we forgetting Palestinians posed a 2 state solution in 2011 which the US and Israel blocked? The failure of the 2013 peace negotiations Kerry blames entirely on Israel and when Palestine formed a cooperative unity government, Israel sulked and built new territories...Just seems a little unfair that when Palastinian people at least try and sort things out they get shoved back like the little opressed people they are.

Hamas or no Hamas, we need to recognise the people of GAZA/Palastine as a seperate people from Hamas, things could dangerously turn now Gaza's only power plant has been taken out. What does this mean for hospitals than I assume are over-filling already, and the 200,000+ people that have been displaced? If only there was only a way of extracting the civilians safely without Hamas realising, I've come to terms now that Hamas do not care who dies in thie conflict as they are Jihadi, I've read some horrific first witness accounts that strengthen this fact (Could be western propaganda but they are still Sunni extremists, think ISIS)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: BabyFarkMcGeeZax
A loud bang doesn't equate with much damage.

Then you won't mind holding a fire cracker in your hand while it makes 'a loud bang'? It shouldn't do much damage. I really get tired of the "but Hamas rockets don't do much damage" idiocy. Innocent people on both sides are dying so let's be honest about it.

Throw a fire cracker at a policeman & see what happens. That is analogous to what the rockets are.
edit on 29-7-2014 by PleiaDsClusterDck because: misspelling

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

But you do realize that Hamas is an Israeli backed organization. They were set up with Israeli backing when Arafat got the Palestinian factions to come together under the Fatah banner as a single group to negotiate with Israel.
The first thing Hamas did was give more chartable services to the Palestinian people than did the PLO. Thus getting more people to back their programs. They then began a champaign of firing their rockets into Israel to gain more influence. Have you ever noticed how many of these rockets hit in open fields and almost never injure anyone. You would thing if they fired 300 rockets per day, as has been reported, they could learn to aim them a little better. Actually the law of averages should bring about more real damage than they have.
It is for these reasons, I have become suspect of all the times a truce has been broken, just who is firing the rockets that never hit anything? Could they be just false flags to keep things stirred up and never get a true settlement? To whose benefit would such turmoil be in the long run?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I didn't know that, I guess history does repeat itself (Al-Qaeda made by US/CIA, Syrian and Lybian rebels (and al-qaeda) funded by US..) and would be fair to say it's almost expected to learn a country created or once funded their current 'enemy'. Would this be a case of Hamas being so different now from then that they no longer have these ties? I've read that the $400m Qatar gave to Gaza for humanitarian aid found it's way to Hamas's hands....Lest we forget someone had to pay for their $1.25 billion tunnel systems - On that note Qatar and Obama have signed an $11b arms deal recently, who's to say that won't 'find it's way' to Hamas too?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

When all this is put together and carefully considered, it would appear someone has found a solution to most of the world's problem.

Constant war to feed "military-industrial complex" and cannon fodder to then the herd.

This will mean jobs for the survivors for as long as the wars go on and less resources required to provide for the common masses.

Much thanks to TPTB.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join