It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say what you want about Hamas Rockets

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
i found this while looking for other videos to use for a thread i thought about making.

you know you hear people say hamas rockets are nothing but nuisance weapons and can't cause real damage.
you also hear that there is a raise in level of post traumatic stress in women , children and elderly in israel.
i even read a report where a 77 yr old man died due to injuries he got when tripped fleeing to a bomb shelter.

but when you see this, you know that they are really doing tremendous psychological damage, and firing a lot of rockets and some must have hit pretty close to their location.

i used goggle translate so don't blame me for the translation.

This morning when the alarm sounded throughout the region and the Safari in Ramat Gan, adult elephants made a great uproar and gathered around the young duplicates Tang and Lana attempt to shield them.

it struck me for two reasons.
first ,is the intelligences of these animals, i have known for awhile that they were smart. but to respond to serins ment to warn humans of danger, well that just goes to show ya still more to be learned about them.

second, for those that say the hamas rockets don't do much damage, did you hear the explosion? it's been many years since i was in the Corps and been around any real explosions, but that sounded as loud or louder than grenades or other explosives we used.

i found this at what seems to be a blog for the The Times Of Israel scroll down until you see 11:09.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Not to mention Hamas is launching the rockets from mosques, schools, and civilian homes. How the rest of the world does not see this as wrong and worthy of retaliation is beyond me.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

well that is part of the thread i'm developing, plus a few other things that i may include.

but there are those here and in the rest of the world that hold so much hate for Israel that they have blinders on and Hamas can do no wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I have not actually seen any of the rockets which Hamas is using but the exhausts trails which I have seen don't look all that impressive.
I am not surprised when someone, even an old man, is injured while running for cover. Most of the time people are not watching how they are stepping down and fall over stuff.

Maybe it is coming time for us to just "nuke" the whole place, put an end to all the fighting and be done with it.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

it struck me for two reasons. first ,is the intelligences of these animals, i have known for awhile that they were smart. but to respond to serins ment to warn humans of danger, well that just goes to show ya still more to be learned about them.

I didn't see them heading for the bomb shelter.

second, for those that say the hamas rockets don't do much damage, did you hear the explosion? it's been many years since i was in the Corps and been around any real explosions, but that sounded as loud or louder than grenades or other explosives we used.

A loud bang doesn't equate with much damage.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

i'm a firm believer that if you get rid of all the terror groups, that a peaceful solution can be reached.
look at the relationship Israel now has with Egypt, better than it has ever been.

then you have the Lebanese government doing this, which is unprecedented considering the past actions that they have done. Suspects arrested in south Lebanon rocket attack i say that terrorism maybe on it's way out in the middle east or at least, around Israel neighbors. i've read other accounts but that is for latter

edit on 29-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We have reached a stage in the decline of the West in which we cannot admit that some of our opponents are uncivilized.

Hamas has no concept of the Law of Land Warfare---the Geneva Conventions. They routinely commit crimes against their own civilian populace, crimes a civilized ruler would fear to impose on his own subjects for purely humane reasons.

Putin has embarked on a course of annexing parts of neighboring states. Not occupying as part of a UN directive, not sending in troops to enforce a cease-fire, but simply taking land and calling it Russia. There is simply no way to do that in South Ossetia or Crimea and call it conforming international law.

Iran and most Islamist states not only perform routine executions in their legal system, their whole legal process is impromptu without any standards of what could be called "due process." Jurists routinely decide which rights of the accused will be honored--or not. Political arrestees are frequently held for decades before being found innocent.

But our liberal elites cannot even admit that our rivals our uncivilized. We keep pretending that they are; that they share our values, and basically play by the rules.

They don't and it is costing us to be dishonest with ourselves.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BabyFarkMcGeeZax

how ignorant can one be, to try and pretend that he doesn't see what is going on.
go and troll else where.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Putin has embarked on a course of annexing parts of neighboring states. Not occupying as part of a UN directive, not sending in troops to enforce a cease-fire, but simply taking land and calling it Russia.

You forget that these countries have historically been under Russian influence. It is the west that is behind the government coup in Ukraine.

I think it is the west that is actually annexing states here.

What is Russia supposed to do, sit back and let it happen?
edit on 29-7-2014 by BabyFarkMcGeeZax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes the poor Israelis live under the threat of Hamas. They're being starved out, medical and healthcare is difficult to come by where they live, they can't move freely throughout their own country, they're removed from their homes and replaced with settlers. Oh wait I have the wrong group.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Definitely safe to say that the elephants have been conditioned to associate the siren sound with frightening, percussive explosions..

You can condition almost any animal that way.. very much like clicker training a dog.. Though instead of a bomb, you associate the click noise with a treat when they perform the action you want.

Not taking anything away from the elephants.. just saying almost all animals are intelligent enough to know when a sound is associated with an action.. helps keep them safe..

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

another one of those that have blinders on and don't know or care to see the history of the area.
continuing in the poor ol put upon Palestinians. go back to the very beginning of the land, look at who and when it was lived on and shared with through out history and then look at who made promise's, to both Jews and Palestiians and then who would accept a two state solution and who wouldn't from the beginning.

open your eyes the terror groups have been doing this from the get go. that's their plan, get public sentiment on their side while they try to smack the lion.

edit on 29-7-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BabyFarkMcGeeZax

I could be wrong but what Western country annexed any land from anyone recently?

Or are you making things up?

It is a far cry from a "puppet" state to taking a country's land for your own.

The US and Russia have always used proxies rather than confront each other directly. Russia just wants to cut out the middle man now it seems.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

that's true, but what i'm saying is that they have heard that so many time they know what to do.
which is a sad state when you have animals doing the duck and cover.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Bilk22

another one of those that have blinders on and don't know or care to see the history of the area.
continuing in the poor ol put upon Palestinians. go back to the very beginning of the land, look at who and when the was lived on and shared with through out history and then look at who made promise's, and then who would accept a two state solution and who wouldn't from the beginning.

open your eyes the terror groups have been doing this from the get go. that's their plan, get public sentiment on their side while they try to smack the lion.

Yes I have blinders on
I don't see jewish settlers spreading into the territory that was to be Palestinian

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BabyFarkMcGeeZax
a reply to: tovenar

Putin has embarked on a course of annexing parts of neighboring states. Not occupying as part of a UN directive, not sending in troops to enforce a cease-fire, but simply taking land and calling it Russia.

You forget that these countries have historically been under Russian influence. It is the west that is behind the government coup in Ukraine.

I think it is the west that is actually annexing states here.

What is Russia supposed to do, sit back and let it happen?

So what if they USED TO BE soviet. They have their own, ethnically led governments now. Called Self Determination.

Do they get to annex Alaska, because they once owned it? How about Poland? How about Peking?

Doe Israel have a claim to all of Jordan, since they "used to own it?"

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BabyFarkMcGeeZax

A loud bang doesn't equate with much damage.

a 2 liter plastic bottle with water & dry ice sounds like a grenade as well.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

There is some kind of incredible disconnect or lopsidedness about these so called "rockets".

Now the Israelis are claiming that the "rockets" arent doing any damage because of "Iron Dome" when the fact is that the "rockets" weren't doing any damage BEFORE "Iron Dome".

To the average person, it clearly appears as though the "threat" from these "rockets" is being grossly exaggerated by a government, Israel, with a well established history of propaganda and lies.

(post by hounddoghowlie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Very neat angle, using the heartstrings of animal lovers.
What do these elephants have in common with Palestinians???
They were both walled in by the israelis!
You see what these elephants are doing, the Palestinians do the same thing when the destruction starts.
Nice bit of propaganda presented there.
The israeli regime is still the aggressor and the killer.
In the end these poor elephants are safe, and if they are continually traumatized, maybe they could ship them off to a "safer" more calm place, or build them shelters as well from the sound.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join