It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza's ONLY power plant shut down by Israeli shelling

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
World stands disgraced’: 20 killed in Israeli UN school shelling

RT

Man this is sick beyond belief.. Second UN school in one week!!!

“Children killed in their sleep; this is an affront to all of us, a source of universal shame. Today the world stands disgraced,” UNRWA Commissioner-General Pierre Krähenbühl said in a statement on Wednesday.

Man this just breaks my Heart..

edit on 30-7-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Theres so much crap going on and heart breaking casualties, im seriously considering just not reading about it.

I cant do anything about it, i know that sounds callous but i cant read about children being left messed up every week. But i need to know what my EU/UN/NATO is doing in my name about it - and its NOT enough and it makes me mad.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Theres so much crap going on and heart breaking casualties, im seriously considering just not reading about it.

I cant do anything about it, i know that sounds callous but i cant read about children being left messed up every week. But i need to know what my EU/UN/NATO is doing in my name about it - and its NOT enough and it makes me mad.

They're to busy making up stuff about Russia.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

What can any of us do about it?

Pick a side? Vote on it?

Would be nice to make a difference for those people stuck in the middle, but we cant. The news reports coming out of the whole scene are impossible for us to change.

Its mental torture for us reading about it, just like its physical torture for them watching their kids die. Its not the same but we, as individuals of super powers that CAN do somthing - its just horrible pain for everyone.

(i really dont mean we can REALLY know what its like to lose or have a child scared for life, and its NOT the same, not for a moment but when you are powerless to help in anyway its horrific and painful too)

Does the world just sit back and say "war is war"?

edit on b3030843 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Doctors simply cannot help patients without water and electricity. That is a fact. That there is such a great need for emergency treatment in Gaza and not the same need in Israel is telling in and of itself. The Israelis are not suffering the same amount of injuries as the Gazans are. This war on Gaza is disproportionate. The Gazans do not have an Army and no where near the weapons that Israel has. The children of Gaza do not have the "iron dome" protection and warning sirens. They get warning pamphlets to go to a "safe" area and then that very area is b*mbed.

Hamas is a t*rrorist organization? What are our alphabet agencies then? Do they never do harm? It seems there are factions the world over that can do good and bad and often the lines are blurred relevant to what they do and why.

So much over kill in this entire scenario. Now, Israel is calling up 16,000 reserves to defend against those rusty old rockets an old guns and rocks. Will the troops have popcorn given as standard issue for troop moral?
edit on 31-7-2014 by shrevegal because: error

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Fighting resumes in Gaza after start of 72-hour ceasefire

Soon after the ceasefire started at 8am local time (05:00 GMT), an Israeli tank opened fire in the south of the Gaza Strip, the Gaza Interior Ministry said.

RT

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shrevegal
Doctors simply cannot help patients without water and electricity. That is a fact. That there is such a great need for emergency treatment in Gaza and not the same need in Israel is telling in and of itself. The Israelis are not suffering the same amount of injuries as the Gazans are. This war on Gaza is disproportionate. The Gazans do not have an Army and no where near the weapons that Israel has. The children of Gaza do not have the "iron dome" protection and warning sirens. They get warning pamphlets to go to a "safe" area and then that very area is b*mbed.

Hamas is a t*rrorist organization? What are our alphabet agencies then? Do they never do harm? It seems there are factions the world over that can do good and bad and often the lines are blurred relevant to what they do and why.

So much over kill in this entire scenario. Now, Israel is calling up 16,000 reserves to defend against those rusty old rockets an old guns and rocks. Will the troops have popcorn given as standard issue for troop moral?

Your whole argument is based on the thats not fair principle. Gaza continues the attacks giving the Israelis justification to continue theirs. The people in GAZA would end it now if they could not up to them its up to Hamas. And Hamas isnt in a talking mood yet so we have to see where this will go. Now those rusty old rockets are actually quite sophisticated and even been landing in Tel Aviv so dont play off the capabilities of Hamas. They are well armed with weapons they purchase from Iran these arent bottle rockets. And even there Iron dome is getting overwhelmed by this point.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join