It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did My Computer Do This or ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Is that my browser doing that or something about ATS's software?

I'm probably not phrasing that correctly, but you know what I mean?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose

Looks like a sign that you have some malware/adware/browser hijack going on. Download and use Malwarebytes to clean out the malware:

www.malwarebytes.org...

Download AdwCleaner to clean adware, browser hijacks, etc.:

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

Download ComboFix to finish the job:

www.bleepingcomputer.com...

See if that helps. Also, try a different browser to see if you still see the same thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
as posted above... you got issues.
download and run the stated programs.
I also recomend Panda anti-virus
I use Panda Gold Protection
download the trial here:

GOLD VERSION
edit on 26-7-2014 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_
a reply to: DogMeat

I’ve done nothing yet.

The fact that if I look at the post again and it’s not there has nothing to do with it?

It’s random?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mary Rose
Malware or Virus activity is certainly a possibility. Though you might want to turn off your anti-virus program, and use Ccleaner before running the programs Bonez suggested.

Another possibility is a computer that is overheating. When was the last time you took a can of air, and blew out the fans and heatsinks. Both desktop and laptop need this occasionally.

A third possibility is old or corrupted graphics drivers. Especially if you have "hardware acceleration" turned on in your browser. I highly recommend turning hardware acceleration off in all browsers. You can find that setting under "advanced" in IE and Firefox.

Also, make sure Java and Flash are both up to date. Flash is a plugin for Firefox, and an activex control for IE.

Lastly, without more info, there can be several causes for screen pixelalation such as you are experiencing. I'm just hitting on common ones. The likelihood is your computer. I am having no pixelation issues with ATS across 3 browsers.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If you right-click and then "view" the image she posted to make it larger, you'll see that it doesn't look like pixellation. It's an "arrow", most likely an ad from a browser hijack.

edit on 26-7-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: _BoneZ_

If you right-click and then "view" the image she posted to make it larger, you'll see that it doesn't look like pixellation. It's an "arrow", most likely an ad from a browser hijack.

That's the Adchoice logo.

Adchoice

It could be the ad didn't fully load, or your browser was blocking part of the content. So to answer your question - probably both.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It's an "arrow", most likely an ad from a browser hijack.

I created that in Paint before I posted.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm thinking now that my best bet is to use my Geek Squad Tech Support for this and probably set aside maybe two hours with something planned for my time besides using my computer.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mary Rose
I created that in Paint before I posted.

I was talking about the ad-choice arrow that your arrow is pointing to.

originally posted by: Mary Rose
I'm thinking now that my best bet is to use my Geek Squad Tech Support for this and probably set aside maybe two hours with something planned for my time besides using my computer.

It would be quicker, simpler, and cheaper to download the programs I posted above first.

Many of us here are techies as well. Some of us might actually know more than your average Geek Squad techie.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I don't have the option for some reason. So I opened it in a new tab. Right you are. Malware/Junkware becomes the prime candidate. Thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I was talking about the ad-choice arrow that your arrow is pointing to.

Just checking.

You're sticking your tongue out at me?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's the AdChoices logo ...

malwarefixes.com/disable-adchoices-pop/
edit on 26-7-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

Bless you!!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   

top topics

join