It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being questioned enough....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

So you believe that because the chances of the evolution of intelligent life being natural are so low that there has to be some divine intervention? Why? Because maths says so? The very maths and science that mapped DNA and gave us a detailed description on evolution? So your mathematical argument that there could be an intelligent force behind the growth for life could also be wrong?

Why give us moral law when that law can easily be broken? Why give us the thought process to doubt the very existence of god?

I don't know much about theology I admit. That's why I'm here...but since theology is written and produced by man, it becomes mute in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod

So you believe that because the chances of the evolution of intelligent life being natural are so low that there has to be some divine intervention? Why? Because maths says so? The very maths and science that mapped DNA and gave us a detailed description on evolution? So your mathematical argument that there could be an intelligent force behind the growth for life could also be wrong?

There are major problems with Macro-evolution and abiogenesis. The absurdity is of the probability of life evolving on its own. Macro-evolution has an impossibly high probablity on its own seeing as how it relies on mutations and mutations alone. Sexual reproduction has laws that it follows known as Mendel's laws of genetics and they apply to every living organism on Earth. As you said before to many questions...

Check this for more info:

www.apologeticspress.org...

I believe micro evolution and variation among species to be true. That is the math we have confirmed you have no confirmation for macro-evolution when it comes to mathematics. Nor do you have any observed evidence.

Why give us moral law when that law can easily be broken? Why give us the thought process to doubt the very existence of god?

First the fact that it can be broken shows it exist. Second, If you had the law but could not choose to break it would you have free will? No. God gave you free will, and he made the universe the way he did because he wanted to know each and everyone of us the way we are. You know when we think about that argument we all think of the world we are in and then we visualize a better world and say why didn't God put me there, or create the world like that? My question though is if God created the world any different would you still be you and would I still be Me? I dont think we would be anywhere near the same.

The Bible says more about life now than any other time in history. Something big is coming friend. Many of my Christian friends feel it coming, and even a random customer came in talking about it the other day. Something is on the horizon.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

But you're using the same maths and science to fuel your argument yet dismiss any other theories that don't fit into your religious beliefs.

The bible is written by man? How did they know that in 2000 years something "might" happen?

If you're going to take a book wrote by humans as gospel I can't have a proper discussion with you.

Adam and Eve? Noah's ark, parting of the seas, people coming back to life, talking snakes. Zero mentions of dinosaurs. All made up fantastical stories wrote by man.

Free will is a cop out argument as well, it's an easy argument for all the horror god supposedly let's happen on this earth.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesneakiod

But you're using the same maths and science to fuel your argument yet dismiss any other theories that don't fit into your religious beliefs.

The bible is written by man? How did they know that in 2000 years something "might" happen?

If you're going to take a book wrote by humans as gospel I can't have a proper discussion with you.

Adam and Eve? Noah's ark, parting of the seas, people coming back to life, talking snakes. Zero mentions of dinosaurs. All made up fantastical stories wrote by man.

Free will is a cop out argument as well, it's an easy argument for all the horror god supposedly let's happen on this earth.]

The first act of free will was committed by Adam & Eve in the garden. God, being all knowing already knew they would disobey his command, but it was a test in obedience. God is sovereign and all powerful, so claiming that God is "letting" anything happen at all is too simplistic an answer concerning his character. For example, If you analyze 2 Thessalonians 2 carefully you'll see that God is ultimately in control. The strong delusion is akin to the hardening of the Pharaoh's heart. What this really means is that God completely turned the Pharaoh over to his own lusts. His heathenism, his iniquities became impenetrable. This is whats going to happen in the end times with the strong delusion only on a global scale as the scripture makes very clear. God is basically saying that all the lies that you heathens truly want to believe with all your heart and soul, you go right on ahead and believe it, as I will completely turn you over to whatever crap you desire in your heart. The world will sink so far down into the pit of their own delusions which Satan prepared for them, their heretical materialism, that nothing we as Christians say to them will get through to them.

This is almost the case now in fact, where spreading the gospel is almost futile, so if the delusions are strong now, then one can imagine how strong they will be as the way is paved for the antichrist, who will be the absolute embodiment of the strong delusion. It will get so bad that it will make widespread persecution possible. It is important to understand that prior to the antichrists arrival, a major falling away from the faith or apostasy is supposed to happen. So for the next ten odd years, we can expect a number of "earth shattering" revelations that will, in the eyes of the world, discredit the Christian worldview.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

So you now believe Adam and Eve were the first living things on earth? I hope not, because we know that's not the case.

Do you believe dinosaurs walked the earth millions of years before us? I hope so, because we know that as a scientific fact.

Makes me laugh though. God knew that Adam would disobey his command, but Instills the thought to be able to disobey him in the first place. Loony logic.

What a crap argument for god that is.
You've spent your last two posts trying to bamboozle me with abstract maths. You then start a serious discussion about Adam and Eve?

I can't take anyone seriously if they believe the bible word for word. Now that is blind faith based on a notion by another man, why can't you see that?

edit on Tuesday20142014-07-29T05:53:37-05:00am315320147 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

edit on Tuesday20142014-07-29T06:16:26-05:00am311620147 by thesneakiod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Feels like I'm attacking those who believe in god, but I'm not, I'm honestly not.

In a way I'm probably jealous that maybe i haven't been enlightened myself. Why not? I'm a good person...

But it seems that that the only way to truly believe is either blindly following or having a "experience" that confirms your belief.

So, in my logic, unless you've had a epiphany, you're believing in god with no evidence whatsoever. As I've said many times, you were simply brought up with it. So you go with the very vey large flow.

To scientists, the Big Bang is only a theory. Unless we make great leaps in science the nano second before it happened and why it happened can never be explained. But at least that's admitted. Yet believers "know" that god created the universe, with no explanation of why or how. Why is the universe only a few billion years old? Why did god not create it trillions and trillions of years hence?

But do believers ever question it? Highly doubtful.
Why, according to the bible did god make such a huge expanding universe but put only one planet in it that harbours life?

Do these questions get answered in Sunday school or when you go to church?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Thats not true at all. I throw out whatever is not logical. Now miracles are only logical if God exist. Now pretty much all major physicist and cosmologist agree that space time and matter came into existence after the first planck time, or 10^-43 seconds. So logically whatever created space time and matter was space-less time-less and immaterial(all attributes of the Abrahamic God).

The bible is written by man? How did they know that in 2000 years something "might" happen? If you're going to take a book wrote by humans as gospel I can't have a proper discussion with you.

Look into the Hebrew Mazzaroth. It is the Jewish Zodiac and it predates the Babylonian Zodiac. Each star in each constellation has a Hebrew Name and those names told a story.

Now you said if I am going to take a book humans wrote as gospel ect.... lets look at what the bible claims for itself first(and I get that just because the Bible says God wrote it doesn't make it so you need evidence).

“Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:20-21.)

So the Bible according to its claims were written through men, but not by men. Pretty big claim I agree, and I had my doubts a few years ago as well. Lets see how the Bible backs up such a claim.

"This is what the Lord says–Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare and lay out before me what has happened since I established my ancient people, and what is yet to come– yes, let him foretell what will come.” (Isaiah 44:6-7)

Deut 18:20-22. “A prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?” If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

So it is obvious how God puts his fingerprint on Scripture. God uses predictive prophecy. The more specific a prophecy the less likely it is to come true. The Bible is full of prophecy, and its full of prophecy thats coming true and has already came true.

Before I continue I suppose I should let you know that Jews have a bit of a different way of viewing prophecy from the way most people think about prophecy. Jews viewed prophecy as recurring patterns. So sometimes there will be a small fulfillment foreshadowing the main event.

Example,

Jesus said, “I come in my father’s name and you reject me. Another will come in his own name and him you will receive” (John 5:43). Shortly after this Jesus was condemned and the released a murder in his place. This prophecy is actually still future to us as Jesus was talking about the Abomination of Desolation.

Now the Bible predicts that their will be a Global Government divided into 10 regions, and that a one world currency will exist. There is a book entitled Our Global Neighborhood in which the United Nation will tell you the 10 regions themselves. The economic cycle ultimately ends up at a global currency, and that currency will be the mark of the beast (look into microchips and electronic tattoos).

The prophet Isaiah foretold that a conqueror named Cyrus would destroy seemingly impregnable Babylon and subdue Egypt along with most of the rest of the known world. This same man, said Isaiah, would decide to let the Jewish exiles in his territory go free without any payment of ransom (Isaiah 44:28; 45:1; and 45:13). Isaiah made this prophecy 150 years before Cyrus was born, 180 years before Cyrus performed any of these feats (and he did, eventually, perform them all), and 80 years before the Jews were taken into exile. (Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 1015.)

www.reasons.org...

I am not going to mention very many prophecies cause they are much better to find out on your own, however I would suggest the book of Daniel and Isaiah as starting points as they are very intriguing.

Even skeptical historians will admit there is a good bit of historical evidence for the Resurrection of Christ. If that miracle happened, then all the other miracles are not hard to believe as God would be outside the system and capable of doing whatever he pleases within the system. Like a master programmer to a hyper advanced simulation.

“Behold now, [d]Behemoth, which I made [e]as well as you;
He eats grass like an ox.
16 “Behold now, his strength in his loins
And his power in the muscles of his belly.
17 “He bends his tail like a cedar;
The sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18 “His bones are tubes of bronze;
His [f]limbs are like bars of iron.

That sound like an ancient description of a dinosaur? I don't know of any animals alive today that we would describe as having the tail of a cedar tree. Regardless God didn't write the Bible to tell you all about Science. God wrote the Bible to tell you how to get back to Him.

Free will is a cop out argument as well, it's an easy argument for all the horror god supposedly let's happen on this earth.

Free will is a cop out? No it is logical. How can one have Good without the possibility of Evil? A person only knows something is Good because the opposite is bad or wrong. God promises us free will in the Bible and God cannot lie. This doesn't make it a cop out just simply the truth behind reality.

In your belief free will doesn't exist. I am just a molecular machine dancing to the chemical reactions in my brain and I dont choose to believe in God, but simply those are the chemical reactions that occur. Likewise you dont choose to disbelieve in God you are simply acting as the chemical reactions make you act.

Also if God is not real how do you justify morality. I get that you know morality that there is a right and a wrong, but where does that come from ?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But do believers ever question it? Highly doubtful.

Do believers have doubts and at times lack faith? Of course. Friend, my faith is only so strong now because I had the very questions you have yourself.

Why, according to the bible did god make such a huge expanding universe but put only one planet in it that harbours life?

Do you think that the universe is huge to God? I doubt it. We are more like God's colony of beta fish, and the universe is the little habitat in the fish bowl.

Why is the universe only a few billion years old?

Why does it matter how old it is? The better question is Why is the universe here at all?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
People need God - so they dont have to think about how the universe came into being or what there was before.

The idea some super being got bored one day and decided to spawn a huge play ground is better than simply nothing. Now for a lot of us that is just the same as it spontaneously appearing, since we have no proof of either, neither is more or less real than the other - so arguments over it are pointless.

Killing each other over it is also pointless, if a deity exists what its name is is irrelevant. None have shown up and said "I'm *insert a Gods name*" here i am, please chill out, all text on any God's were written by humans. Perhaps its all came about as an excuse for war, blaming an imaginary entity might have been simply convenient. (The irony on that is off the chart).

Personally i think some smart people wanted to stop violence and induce a fear of God to make man act less like a wild animal and behave more like a smart, socially aware being and to help us all evolve to a new stage - somewhere it all went wrong and its actually now having a negative effect.

Oh well, you cant prove anything one way or another - idiots do idiot things for idiot reasons. If it wasnt religion, it would be something else. We ARE animals, squeezing that animal instinct out is going to take more than a fictitious sky pixie.

edit on b33331131 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So do you believe that dinosaurs roamed the earth for millions of years before us?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

So because we can't explain it with science, we have to insert a super being into the gap? That's not logical nor in keeping with what happens here on earth. We have made up a immortal power that believers can't explain, or contact, who intern rarely if ever contacts them. Strange since they made it up in the first place.

Because as you said no one has come down and said "I'm god" so we're has the ideology come from? Human beings. A few posts back I got a reply so drenched in science in favour of god or at least the science to maybe prove the existence of god, that it was ironic that the poster dismissed the idea of science explaining evolution at the same time.

But hey as you said it'll never be explained. But only because science can't explain or answer the more important questions. Yet anyway...

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hard to say. Possible they did possible they didn't. We need better Science in the area of dating in my honest opinion, but even if they did roam the earth before humans and go extinct how would that discredit Genesis?

evidence of coexistence between dinosaurs and humans :

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Agree!!!

At least scientific research is based of what can be observed, tested (even tasted!). There are some actual facts.

All religions are based of old books, written by humans, often written years after the "facts" they supposedly represent.

Sorry, but if you all dont mind i will settle with the things i can actually see, taste and touch. Not just some words on paper. If i read up on a science thing, and i have the means to, i can test it out for myself. And guess what, everytime i have, it turns out to be correct!!!!

EDIT: the notion that "science cant disprove god" is hilarious since it proves other stuff time and time again, literally millions of things. How many can a religious nut prove? Oh whats that? Not a single one - yeah im the idiot! LOL

edit on b45451239 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Hard to say. Possible they did possible they didn't. We need better Science in the area of dating in my honest opinion, but even if they did roam the earth before humans and go extinct how would that discredit Genesis?

evidence of coexistence between dinosaurs and humans :

Your link was about a stegosaurus that was meant to of lived when man did, the evidence was a supposed carving of one. But they lived around 140 million years ago. What ever was in that carving was either not a stegosaurus or the date of the carving is wrong, way wrong.

Dinosaurs never coexisted with man.

So, in all the destruction and scorched skies, god decided to create a plush garden, and put two people in it.
Two Intelligent, upright, forward looking hairless bipeds, with a complete understanding of their surroundings and who put them there.

Bang, boom, just like that, in a puff of magic they were there.

Is that what you think happened?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your link was about a stegosaurus that was meant to of lived when man did, the evidence was a supposed carving of one. But they lived around 140 million years ago. What ever was in that carving was either not a stegosaurus or the date of the carving is wrong, way wrong. Dinosaurs never coexisted with man.

yet more evidence not a picture but about the best you can get in the archaeological world:

The Paluxy River Tracks: The residents of Glen Rose, Texas, south of Fort Worth, have long known of dinosaur tracks along the Paluxy River. During the Great Depression, these tracks were cut out of the rock and sold. One talented painter and rock mason named George Adams carved a few tracks in the limestone rock to sell, and ever after the Paluxy River tracks have been accused of being carvings. Despite this less-than-proud past, dozens of additional tracks have been found in the limestone of the river and its banks in recent years. The dinosaur tracks are well-known and recognized as legitimate, and additional trackways are found as the limestone layers are pulled up along the stretch of the river at Glen Rose. The dinosaur tracks are not alone, though. A wide variety of human-like tracks have also been found in the same layers as the dinosaur tracks. Sometimes the human tracks are just a foot or so away from the dino tracks, and on occasion they are found inside the dino tracks themselves. Glen Kuban in 1980 examined the famous Taylor Trail, a long trackway of human-like prints that follows the path of a three-toed dinosaur along the Paluxy. He argues convincingly that the human tracks were actually tridactyl dinosaur prints in which the toes had been eroded or filled-in by mud. However, in 1996, veteran bone-digger Joe Taylor (no relation to the discoverer of the Taylor trail) of Crosbyton, Texas, accompanied by a Japanese camera crew, molded and made casts of a human-like track next to a three-toed Acrocanthosaurus track on the Paluxy. Only the second toe of the human track is distinct in the ancient mud, but even the Japanese camera crew became excited about the discovery of what looked like a human track. What's more, the track matches the dimensions of human-like tracks of the Sir George series that had been found in 1983 and 1988 [See the "Dinosaur And Human Footprints" link below.] The second digit of all three of these tracks is noticeably deeper than the other toes of the foot. (The three small toes are visible in the 1983 and 1988 tracks and look extra short, almost as though the toes had been chopped off, which likely accounts for the strong second digit impression.) The Acrocanthosaurus track next to the human-like track has two strong toe prints and only a light impression from its middle toe, but when we asked him, Taylor noted that neither the human nor the dinosaur track shows evidence of mud in-filling: "It looks like they walked through the mud at the same time. A man only weighs about 170 pounds and a dinosaur weighs about 1500, and the dinosaur track is much deeper than the human track, but neither of them caused mud up-push, because it wasn't very slushy mud; it was pretty firm. The second metatarsal of the Acrocanthosaurus only makes a light impression, but that animal's track is known in the Dinosaur State Park with its holding up its middle toe. Which puts even more pressure on the other two toes. Some of those animal tracks down there at the Paluxy, you can see the anatomy on the bottom of their feet, which goes against the idea of mud in-filling." We asked Taylor what he thought of Glen Kuban's research and the Taylor Trail. He said: "I've gone down there and looked at the tracks that Kuban examined, and they are hard to explain. It's basically a silhouette of a dinosaur's footprint on some of those prints. It looks like the dinosaur just stepped on the mud with color on his foot. In fact, some of the prints are raised up. Now, how do you explain that? I think Taylor Tracks are legitimate, as far as I can tell. Of course there are legitimate criticisms that need to be considered, and Kuban's are some of the best, but the tracks were much better when Stan Taylor first found them. All sorts of things have happened to them since. In fact, somebody came in and destroyed a couple of the best tracks. Why would they do that if they weren't human?" Taylor made a mold of the track that was found together with the Acrocanthosaurus track and has a cast of it on display at Mt Blanco Fossil Museum in Crosbyton, TX as his "Japanese Track." He has a cast of the 1983 Sir George track as well. On July 3, 1997, Joe Taylor had the opportunity to made a second mold. This time, a track had been found pressed down across the middle of three-toed dinosaur track, as though it had slid down into the track. The men on the dig could not put their feet in the track because their heels were too wide. A woman who wears a size 9 1/2 or 10 shoe, however, can place her bare left foot into the cast of that track at Mt Blanco Fossil Museum and raise her eyebrows in awe. In 2000, Alvis Delk and James Bishop of Stephenville, Texas, discovered a clear five-toed human footprint that shows uplift from a three-toed dinosaur print that pressed into it. The Creation Evidences Museum in Glen Rose has the original Alvis Delk footprint on display (and in person it is quite impressive. Photos do not do the print justice). The Creation Evidences Museum has hosted an annual July dig in Glen Rose since the early 1980s, and the public is welcome to join in on future excavations.

www.khouse.org...

You accuse me of blindly following man, but you as someone who adheres to Science should understand that Science can be wrong and that be ok. I am not saying I am fully on board with humans and dinosaurs. I am saying its possible and you should give Science a bit more time before trying to make absolute claims like that.

The link mentions the art again, and it also mentions the ashley phosphate beds in south carolina. Science battled with religion for years as it used to believe the universe was eternal until recent discoveries have made Scientist realize the universe had a beginning.

Robert Jastrow was an American astronomer, physicist and cosmologist. He was a leading NASA scientist, populist author and futurist. Here is what he had to say about the discoveries of that show the universe had a beginning:

Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

When Science and God wrestle Science ends up on its back everytime, we just need to understand the universe or whatever aspect of reality a bit better. People used to have a problem with God creating light first, but now quantum physics has discovered matter is nothing but an illusion and that on a basic level everything is quanta which can be viewed as light.

The Dinosaur thing will have a definite answer in the future when our technology is better regardless of the answer I fail to see why it is such a big deal when they lived.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So, in all the destruction and scorched skies, god decided to create a plush garden, and put two people in it. 
Two Intelligent, upright, forward looking hairless bipeds, with a complete understanding of their surroundings and who put them there. 

Bang, boom, just like that, in a puff of magic they were there. 

Is that what you think happened?

And what about this question?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

So you now believe Adam and Eve were the first living things on earth? I hope not, because we know that's not the case.

Yeah, we know that's not the case because the Bile doesn't say they were the first living beings, they were in fact the last. I said Adam and Eve were the first humans, not the first living beings to ever exist, so nice way to twist my words around.

Do you believe dinosaurs walked the earth millions of years before us? I hope so, because we know that as a scientific fact.

I believe that dinosaurs were created before humans as the Bible states, that is a theological fact, but nothing that the evolutionist has presented is convincing evidence that dinosaurs walked the earth millions of years before us. There is hardly anything "scientific" about the way the fossils are dated in the first place as it is based purely on the imagined geologic column, amounting to circular reasoning. They date the fossils by the age of the rocks and vice versa, which is based purely on the assumption, this religious belief in evolution that claims the earth to be billions of years old and nothing more.

"The rocks do date the fossils, but the fossils date the rocks more accurately. Stratigraphy cannot avoid this kind of reasoning if it insists on using only temporal concepts, because circularity is inherent in the derivation of time scales." - J.E. O'Rourke "Pragmatism vs. Materialism in Stratigraphy," American Journal of Science, January 1976, p. 48.

The intelligent layman has long suspected circular reasoning in the use of rocks to date fossils and fossils to date rocks. The geologist has never bothered to think of a good reply." - American Journal of Science, Vol. 276, p.53

Anytime these evolutionists discovers a real scientific phenomena that contradicts practically everything they believe about the origin of life and its development, they tend to go into red alert mode with theories they made up entirely in their heads to rescue their beliefs. They were all baffled by the discovery of soft tissue in the bones of a T-Rex a few years ago as it shouldn't exist based on the alleged age of the creature. So they started scrambling for reasons why this is the case to rescue their belief in the age of the earth, anything would do, no matter how illogical. The article below is the most recent excuse for why we are still seeing rotting meat in dinosaur bones.

"The controversial discovery of 68-million-year-old soft tissue from the bones of a Tyrannosaurus rex finally has a physical explanation. According to new research, iron in the dinosaur's body preserved the tissue before it could decay............

The find was also controversial, because scientists had thought proteins that make up soft tissue should degrade in less than 1 million years in the best of conditions. In most cases, microbes feast on a dead animal's soft tissue, destroying it within weeks. The tissue must be something else, perhaps the product of a later bacterial invasion, critics argued..........

The obvious question, though, was how soft, pliable tissue could survive for millions of years. In a new study published today (Nov. 26) in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, Schweitzer thinks she has the answer: Iron...........

Schweitzer and her colleagues found that dinosaur soft tissue is closely associated with iron nanoparticles in both the T. rex and another soft-tissue specimen from Brachylophosaurus canadensis, a type of duck-billed dinosaur. They then tested the iron-as-preservative idea using modern ostrich blood vessels. They soaked one group of blood vessels in iron-rich liquid made of red blood cells and another group in water. The blood vessels left in water turned into a disgusting mess within days. The blood vessels soaked in red blood cells remain recognizable after sitting at room temperature for two years."

source: Controversial T. Rex Soft Tissue Find Finally Explained

What makes me chuckle is that they admit in this article that the dinosaurs had to be buried very quickly in sediment because of how well organized they were, and as we Christians would say who believe the Bible to be true in everything it says, the best way to bury a mass amount of dinosaurs is by water, by Noah's flood.

Hidden 'Ocean' Discovered Deep Underground Near Earth's Core

So they've "proven" in their deluded minds, that iron can preserve the dinosaur tissue for 200 million years, with a test that only lasted for two years. In other words, there so called "facts" amounts to nothing more than a giant leap in logic. Obviously, this has little to do with science, but has everything to do with preserving the faith in evolution at all costs. If this isn't the case, then scientists wouldn't be getting fired for discovering the same exact thing in dinosaur bones as shown below. There actions only prove that there motives are driven by ideology, not by science.

Lawsuit: CSUN Scientist Fired After Soft Tissue Found On Dinosaur Fossil

Makes me laugh though. God knew that Adam would disobey his command, but Instills the thought to be able to disobey him in the first place. Loony logic.

When the Bible states that we were made in Gods image, it means that we have a mind and spirit like no other. It means that we can think and reason for ourselves, that we have free will. So I guess you would have liked God to create us as a bunch of robots with no free will, am I right? There is nothing wrong with my logic, the problem is that you, being the heathen that you are, just don't want to believe it, which is your problem, not mine.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

The Dinosaur thing will have a definite answer in the future when our technology is better regardless of the answer I fail to see why it is such a big deal when they lived.

I'm confused. So on the 6th day, god created animals and man. How do the dinos fit into it then. Did the Adam and Eve story happen during the dinos then the dinos lived on for another 150million years before apes and eventually, we came along?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So, in all the destruction and scorched skies, god decided to create a plush garden, and put two people in it. Two Intelligent, upright, forward looking hairless bipeds, with a complete understanding of their surroundings and who put them there. Bang, boom, just like that, in a puff of magic they were there. Is that what you think happened?

No I believe we are star dust seeing as how the atoms that make us are only formed in the belly of stars. God created us from dust according to Genesis. What do you think that there was a primordial soup and lightning caused lifeforms the cell to eventually be formed and that cell mutated and eventually crawled out of the see over an enormous span of time? That all that is suddenly arose spontaneously out of no space no time and no matter? Sorry so you can get from nothing to infinite expanse without some form of external input. I mean you are defending macro-evolution yet you cant produce one complete transitional form, you cannot explain how natural selection would allow for partially evolved animals to be selected as partially evolved traits are not an advantage, but a disadvantage. In anti-biotic resistance bacteria that mutate the immunity to a drug lose other traits that are good for survival that is why when the drug is removed regardless of if it is removed fast or slow the mutated strain dies off because it loses other favorable traits it never actually makes a true vertical mutation. You also cannot produce a single genetic pathway for any of the supposed transitions to operate within. You have no where near the number of intermediate between single cell and complex and then invertebrate and vertebrate. I mean I can keep going, but I'd hate to do all the leg work for you.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In your babble I noticed you mentioned Noah's flood.

So you believe that then?

A boat that can hold millions of animals? With enough food and adequate space that they would need?

And no, not create us like a robot. Just the one simple thought process that renders us unable to even question gods existence. In fact not unable, but the thought not ever being there in the first place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join