It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not being questioned enough....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesneakiod

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

The Dinosaur thing will have a definite answer in the future when our technology is better regardless of the answer I fail to see why it is such a big deal when they lived.

I'm confused. So on the 6th day, god created animals and man. How do the dinos fit into it then. Did the Adam and Eve story happen during the dinos then the dinos lived on for another 150million years before apes and eventually, we came along?

It says that all sea creatures were made on the fifth day, and all land creatures, humans included, were made on the sixth day, but it still says that Adam and Eve were the last to exist in the order of creation.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: thesneakiod

Well if you read Genesis 1 you'll see that God created animals before man. If you look into the Hebrew of Genesis 1 you'll see there are a couple meanings for the word translated "Day" in English. One of those meanings represents an era. For example, if we were talking and I said something like, "yea I love knights and shooting bow and arrows I would love to live back in that day ." So God if could be looked at as though God created animals and man in the same Era.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So, in all the destruction and scorched skies, god decided to create a plush garden, and put two people in it. Two Intelligent, upright, forward looking hairless bipeds, with a complete understanding of their surroundings and who put them there. Bang, boom, just like that, in a puff of magic they were there. Is that what you think happened?

No I believe we are star dust seeing as how the atoms that make us are only formed in the belly of stars. God created us from dust according to Genesis. What do you think that there was a primordial soup and lightning caused lifeforms the cell to eventually be formed and that cell mutated and eventually crawled out of the see over an enormous span of time? That all that is suddenly arose spontaneously out of no space no time and no matter?

Yes. Yes I think that's exactly what happened. You seem like an intelligent person, so I'm astounded you believe we were made from a puff of stardust in an instant.

The rest you posted was so convoluted my head hurt. It made no sense.

In your opinion, because evolution has flaws, it can't be natural? So why did god create life with such flaws then?

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yes. Yes I think that's exactly what happened. You seem like an intelligent person, so I'm astounded you believe we were made from a puff of stardust in an instant.

Whoa lets not put words in my mouth. I never said I believe it was in an instant. You have to understand that God is outside the realm of time Billions of years would mean nothing to him as He could start a process then simply jump to were that process is finished if he so pleased. My point is not that it can't be natural my point is that until those issues are resolved their is no sound evidence that macro-evolution actually occurs over an extended period of time. The fossil record is evidence against evolution in my opinion.

So you think life started in the primordial soup meaning abiogenesis?
Improbability of Abiogenesis:
www.cs.unc.edu...

You are also basing that belief mainly of the Urey-Miller experiment

Problems with the Experiment:

www.truthinscience.org.uk...

I mean you are upset with me for blindly following man what exactly are you doing when you base so much of your life on what men say?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Whoa lets not put words in my mouth. I never said I believe it was in an instant. You have to understand that God is outside the realm of time Billions of years would mean nothing to him as He could start a process then simply jump to were that process is finished if he so pleased. My point is not that it can't be natural my point is that until those issues are resolved their is no sound evidence that macro-evolution actually occurs over an extended period of time. The fossil record is evidence against evolution in my opinion.

So you think life started in the primordial soup meaning abiogenesis?
Improbability of Abiogenesis:
www.cs.unc.edu...

You are also basing that belief mainly of the Urey-Miller experiment

Problems with the Experiment:

www.truthinscience.org.uk...

I mean you are upset with me for blindly following man what exactly are you doing when you base so much of your life on what men say?

It's not men I base my life on. It science. That man has discovered.
And the maths behind it, which is universal.

So my earlier question, dinos hahaha, cos it bothers me, I don't know why.

They're a major part of earths history yet the bible doesn't mention them, besides an animal the has a tail that resembles a cedar tree? Why not?
So while god created the dinosaurs, he also built the garden of Eden at the same time? Or was it millions of years later? When the asteroid wiped the dinos out, was man existing then?

Because the writers of the bible didn't mention that when god created everything, he might refer to days as maybe millennias as you said? Did the writers know that? If they did, how did they find that out?

So as I said in an earlier post, when god created the first human, which some have said in this thread that it wasn't Adam, did he make him a upright, forward looking hairless intelligent being, or was it an apes that he let evolve into the human type Adam in the Adam story we know, then placed him in the garden of Eden?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hardly. If you are your own God...then you created yourself, and you will kill yourself? Determine the end of your life when you reach it? Take yourself out?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Additionally...its ludicrous on your part that you say it needs to be questioned more. I dont know what you read, study or watch, practice or believe in...but you are WAAAAAAYYYY off.

Its has been and will continue to be probably the most questioned topic we have in our world. Where have you been? Just realizing it? Or you thought its not?

If thats true? Then you are way behind times on this issue. Either that, or you need to read more on it.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Additionally...its ludicrous on your part that you say it needs to be questioned more. I dont know what you read, study or watch, practice or believe in...but you are WAAAAAAYYYY off.

Its has been and will continue to be probably the most questioned topic we have in our world. Where have you been? Just realizing it? Or you thought its not?

If thats true? Then you are way behind times on this issue. Either that, or you need to read more on it.

It was just a title.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Science used to say the earth was flat and the universe was eternal. Now the earth is round and the universe had a beginning. My point is man Science changes and is normally wrong as thats how you get famous in Scientific community either discovering something or proving something that used to be thought of as correct wrong. Scientist are always going to have some kind of personal bias behind their work and their words.

They're a major part of earths history yet the bible doesn't mention them, besides an animal the has a tail that resembles a cedar tree? Why not?

I highly doubt God considers dinos a major part of earths history, so God writes a manual on future events and tells you how to get to Him, and you expect it to have in depth facts about dinosaurs and how they fit in to the equation?

Dinosaurs died by a meteor? I mean I know all about the mineral only found in space in the geological record, but many scholars are against that idea being the sole cause of extinction. Also many other theories exist on why dinos died. Personally, I dont really care. Animals go extinct its the natural order of things in this world.

Because the writers of the bible didn't mention that when god created everything, he might refer to days as maybe millennias as you said? Did the writers know that? If they did, how did they find that out?

The writers found it out because they can speak Hebrew, and understand grammar and context.

So as I said in an earlier post, when god created the first human, which some have said in this thread that it wasn't Adam, did he make him a upright, forward looking hairless intelligent being, or was it an apes that he let evolve into the human type Adam in the Adam story we know, then placed him in the garden of Eden?

Its possible. Probably not likely. As I have said numerous times you have no conclusive evidence to show that we evolved from a bipedal hairy monkey. Man I don't know of the specifics when it comes to sciences the Adam and Eve story. I can speculate all day long, but the truth is you are looking for scientific facts in a book that is meant for enlightment. Yes the Bible has some scientific information in it, but its not a Science text book dont you know what BIBLE stands for:

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

LULS how corny.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Science used to say the earth was flat and the universe was eternal. Now the earth is round and the universe had a beginning. My point is man Science changes and is normally wrong as thats how you get famous in Scientific community either discovering something or proving something that used to be thought of as correct wrong. Scientist are always going to have some kind of personal bias behind their work and their words.

Well, it was believed by men like Pythagoras and Aristotle that the earth was round in ancient Greek, so this is not entirely true that the ancients in general believed that the earth was flat. And as far as the universe being eternal is concerned, this ancient belief in a cyclic universe is actually still being taught today as "science". Today its called the Oscillating universe where it is claimed that our universe goes through an endless cycle of expansion and shrinkage, or big bangs and big crunches. A Hindu would call it "Kalpas", simply meaning the universe goes through an endless cycle of death and rebirth. There is literally nothing at all that is new or scientific about evolution. You can see that these beliefs are all materialistic in nature. To them, the cosmos "is all there is, or ever was, or ever will be". When it comes to belief in evolution, the only difference between the atheist and the Hindu is that one is secular while the other is pantheistic. They have a lot more in common than is realized. There is no difference between any of them except in the change in terminology, like a wolf in sheep's clothing.

edit on 31-7-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2014 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb
We believed that the earth was flat because we simply didn't know. Science has now proved conclusively that it's round. We don't know the how's or why's of the universes beginnings. But in time, we will know that as well.

The dinosaurs roamed this earth for million and millions of years, of course they're a major part of our history. God must've thought they were important to create them in the first place and let them survive for so long. So yeh I think it's strange that a huge massively major world wide premium species of gods creatures didn't even warrant a paragraph in the bible.

You say it's not conclusive that apes evolved into man, and it's doubtful we came from the sea. The problem is they we have tons of evidence to back up the theory. It's only creationists that refute the claim. The evidence you presented about intelligence being behind the building blocks of life, is mostly by people wanting to discredit the evolution theory.

To creationists man as we know today, just appeared like a magic trick. Out of thin air, by a super being. With no evidence other than what a book says.

Evolutionists believe we evolved slowly over time. Overcoming the odds and taking the best out of each species to the next one. And that applies to all living things on earth.

It's standard logic. We have a system in place that works perfectly, explained by using sound reasoning.

Nature, as they say, simply found a way.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Hardly. If you are your own God...then you created yourself, and you will kill yourself? Determine the end of your life when you reach it? Take yourself out?

I am my own god when it comes to making my own choices in life. Fortunately I don't need someone I can't see or hear to help or even make those choices for me.

I never said anything about life or death. My mother gave birth to me, not god. And when I die, it won't be from anything other than old age, illness or accident.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackManINC

Well, it was believed by men like Pythagoras and Aristotle that the earth was round in ancient Greek, so this is not entirely true that the ancients in general believed that the earth was flat.

The masses believed the earth was flat in ancient times.

. And as far as the universe being eternal is concerned, this ancient belief in a cyclic universe is actually still being taught today as "science".

I suppose I should have chosen my diction a bit better, and said they held the view that matter was eternal.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join