It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Create and Run Your Own Country!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wish we could change our mind and reverse policy.
I'd like to reverse policy on one thing I said yes to in the past.
It tanked my economy from excellent to moderate.
(that was giving everyone basic healthcare paid for by the taxpayer)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm surprised your did that. I thought you would have taken a more free market approach.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm not entirely certain why my political freedom has tanked to below average, every decision I make is to tell people to let each other do whatever they want. I try not to force anything on anyone.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I'm surprised your did that. I thought you would have taken a more free market approach.

I was going to do the entire free market thing for everything. And I did ... until that. I wanted to experiment and see what it would do to the economy. It instantly tanked it.

Just say "NO" to government provided health care ... or else you bankrupt your economy.

It's just that simple.

I kinda figured it would be a negative effect. But I had no idea how big it would be. I went from 'excellent' economy down to 'moderate'. My flat income tax jumped from 3% to 8%.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I was going to do the entire free market thing for everything. And I did ... until that. I wanted to experiment and see what it would do to the economy. It instantly tanked it.

Just say "NO" to government provided health care ... or else you bankrupt your economy.

But as an inoffensive centrist democracy your civil rights, economy, and political freedoms should be right in the middle if you want to maintain this classification.

See..?

As a leftwing utopia I'm aiming for total anarchy so I should try to increase my economical freedom. But the way I understand this game there really is no right or wrong with regard to civil rights, economy, and political freedoms..

ie even if all three are in "extremely low" range you can still run a succesfull country.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

So I got the issue of healthcare to vote on and out of all the options "government provided health care" was really the best for Bunnyfeet, so we took that option. At already 56% income tax I am curious as to what the effect will be.

Guess we"ll see in the morning.

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So I got the government provided healthcare but that only increased my income tax with 2%, putting it at 58% and still a stong economy.....

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The write up on my country now -

The Free Land of Liberty Outpost is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 304 million Liberty Outpostians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Perseverance. The average income tax rate is 4%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Woodchip Exports and Pizza Delivery.

Liberty Outpost is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, the Owl is a protected species, and hundreds of thousands of convicts work as slaves in Liberty Outpost's many privately-owned prisons. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Liberty Outpost's national animal is the Owl, and its currency is the Barter.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Looks good.

Although maybe my English is lacking a bit here but I'm not sure how you can combine "socially progressive" and "complete absence of social welfare" in the same sentence??

Well atleast you made a quick recovery from that government healthcare issue.

Peace
edit on 2014pAmerica/ChicagoMon, 06 Oct 2014 07:59:20 -0500am3159201410 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
how you can combine "socially progressive" and "complete absence of social welfare"??

Socially progressive ... homosexual marriage, MJ, and prostitution are legal.
Social welfare ... that's spending $$ on programs.

edit on 10/6/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Got it

Thanks for explaining that.

peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Bunnyfeet's current status...

The Constitutional Monarchy of Bunnyfeet is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 402 million Bunnyfeetians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carrotville. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A tiny private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.

The government pours millions of Florijns into rehabilitation programs annually, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless, and the Bunnyfeet Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise. Crime is totally unknown. Bunnyfeet's national animal is the duck, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Florijn.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Its getting there .. finding new and creative ways to grind them under my bootheel ..
Along with disappearing the cretins who protest or present idiotic issues ..

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
You dictator you...

Haven't been paying attention for a week and all of a sudden my economy is taking a dive!! Aaaarghh....

I want to achieve total anarchy but I guess I'll have to make some changes...

Peace

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think we ought to formulate a plan for dealing with the zombie apocalypse coming up in about 8 days. Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I think we ought to formulate a plan for dealing with the zombie apocalypse coming up in about 8 days. Any thoughts?

Exterminate, research a cure, join the zombies ...
I'm going with exterminate. I have a HUGE defense budget.

And don't any of you sissy countries that spend nothing on defense come looking to get into Liberty Outpost. I've got massive border security going on.

I don't mind a little population reduction ... the world is overpopulated, and that includes Liberty Outpost.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

My defense budget is huge as well so that's what I was thinking. I think I read that what we do affects the region, so, that's why I was seeing what everyone else was doing.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
I was seeing what everyone else was doing.

Liberty Outpost = kill, kill, kill.
Well, zombies aren't alive but you know what i mean.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Seen this thread, and decided to start a nation. Seems like a pretty good game.
Hopefully being a new nation with the zombie apocalypse coming, my nation doesn't get completely devastated. But it couldn't be too bad as my nation is a dictatorship with few civil rights!!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Liberty Outpost has a population explosion problem which is causing water supply issues. We now have a limit on the number of children a person may have. We also will be deporting criminals (those that we don't execute). Since The Constitutional Monarchy of Bunnyfeet has a wide open border and welcomes everyone, we will be dumping the criminals that are still left alive onto you. Enjoy!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join