It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico is Way More Screwed than You Think

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Why don't you try going down there and try gathering real info on your own. I personally believe this and I as a white American, will never set foot in that country again. Good luck and make sure you tell your friends good by. They will probably never see you again.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Republicans are looking to bring America's brand of freedom elsewhere in the world they need look no further than Mexico. Start the invasion at the Cali-Texas borders and don't stop until they hit Panama. Kill anything that is high or carries a gun. That would satisfy the bloodlust fomenting on both sides.... Just a thought, extreme though it may be.

P.S.: star and flag to you for notifying the bunch here that there are lots of problems on our own continent that need to be taken care of.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Sorry... Not even almost compareable. Even the US most dangerous citiea pale in comparison

You can count the relatively safe areas on both hands in mexico. How often do you hear about ransom kidnappings in the US? Not 40 times.a.day! There.is no law or protection or consequence.to these cartlea. They caught an enforcer the other day tied to 400 murders. Just the ones hes ties to. They dont suggest driving between cities except toll roada which still have cartel. They say never drive at night.

Actually the ount of placea in Mexico are kinda similar in number to.the safe parts of mexico. Maybe a dozen or so tourist spots that are very small with the majority of the country dangerous.

It was actually laughable to compare the two. You are really in denial.

Dis you.actually read the US assessment.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ATODASO

I came from the same place as "Y" , and of course is right on everything , I got education , a good one ( expensive) and not all families can afford that . But situation is more and more difficult for Normal population.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

hey, thanks for stopping by. i found a lot of independent reports that dispute that figure. if the gov/cartels have a history of altering stats that make them look bad to the rest of the world, it stands to reason that 4.8% might be less than accurate. but in any case, this guy might have a good point or two.

I was able to easily find "independent" reports disputing the rates in US and there should be for many other countries too.

www.zerohedge.com...

he goes into how people who are "informally" employed, or eke out a subsistence living in rural areas will report as "employed", thus falsely inflating the figures. continues on to how the (reported) high rate of employment doesn't correspond to economic health.

An informal job is a job anyway, farmers don't count as employees even when they work their ass off?, they are not counted in other countries?

my understanding is that enrollment is optional, the teachers strike constantly, and that fewer and fewer people are willing to send their kids to school. :/

Elementary education is mandatory as stated in the 3rd article of the Mexican Constitution, fail to send your kids to school and they may be taken from you and end up in a foster home, teacher strikes only happen in the state of Oaxaca and ocassionally in Guerrero or Michoacan, but the country have 32 states.
So basically we have 4-5 very f*cked up states which lower the national averages on any indicator, your friend unfortunately lives in one of them, take a look at this example:

Illiteracy rate
Country Average: 6.3%
Chiapas 18.4%
Guerrero 17,53%
Oaxaca, 16,92%
Veracruz 12,02%

If you remove this states the national average should go down to probably around 3%

All of the things that I have said about education are related to government provided education, but we also have a lot of private schools with the same standards than in any other place if you have enough money.

well, a watered down version of it got passed this month, with the door open for further legislation down the road.

Internet is not censored in any form and the goverment don't have an NSA kind of organization to spy on emails or phone calls, at least not in a massive way like NSA did, young people protested before the law was discussed the same way as any political matter is protested in this country, Mexico City have crowds in the streets almost every single day, I don't believe there's anything similar in any other city in the world.

www.independent.co.uk... 11073.html

I guess those travel warnings are just for fun? anyway, there's plenty of ways for captors to communicate with/receive payment from victim's families. 90 kidnappings of just americans so far reported in 2014, and over 100k mexican citizens according to gov's own accounting. which has been tampered with, meaning the number is probably a lot higher.

15 million Americans visited Mexico in 2013 and 81 were murdered, you do the math, there's something called "virtual" kidnapping were sameone calls to your cellphone and threaten you to send him money, there have been confirmed cases of tourist falling in that scam, were do you get the 100k figure?, that's a ridiculous number, this is much closer to the truth:

listtoptens.com...

millionaire drug lords? no. petty footsoldiers with trade connections? wouldn't surprise me.

Really, dog trading?, chinese restaurants purchasing them?, come on...

if you don't mind my asking, where do you live, and what is your occupation?

I live in northern Mexico in Monterrey, I'm an IT Engineer schooled in government institutions from kindergarden to college, no private schools for me, but that education has been good enough to work as an IT Manager for American and European manufacturing companies since 2001, I have traveled around the world and worked with people from many nationalities and never have a problem or felt less that anyone else. I have some advice for your friend if you are king enough to give her the message, tell her to move here and enroll on the public university, it's dirt cheap and the quality is good enough, if she is good for an engineering carrer or something similar I can guarantee that her standard of living will increase tenfold by the time she finish school and have her first job. Here's a link to the college where I studied:
www.fime.uanl.mx...

There's an association of students from Veracruz inside the college, they can help her to find an apartment, etc. This facebook group can be useful to gather the needed contacts:
www.facebook.com...

There's a lot of disinformation regarding the current situation in Mexico and sadly most is being supported by Mexicans that want to gain political positions and stuff like that, but in most parts of the country life is going on as usual, here in Monterrey we have people coming daily from abroad to our private hospitals, they meet the highest international standards for a fraction of the cost charged in other countries, more than a million American and Canadian expats are also living in this country as kings with a low budget, so we are not that screwed as many people would like, if you look at salaries paid here they may seem pretty low, but most don't realize that the cost of living is also extremely low and that compensate things, here are some links that may help you to see that other part of our reality that I'm talking about.

I worked here for a while many years ago:

edit on 25-7-2014 by kazike because: spelling

edit on 25-7-2014 by kazike because: fix youtube links

edit on 25-7-2014 by kazike because: fix youtube link

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I'm Puerto Rican but I look like an american, white with blue eyes. I traveled to Mexico "work related" a few years back and visited (Guadalajara, Chihuahua, Mexico City and Juarez)....... Our tour guy lived in Mexico City and worked in the same company as I just a different division, I went with my boss American 100% and a sales person that was mexican but lives in the USA...... We experienced police corruption the second day. We had a rented Chrysler 300 with sll the powers and the police stop us for no reason they said we were speeding, he told us he can give us a ticket or we could go if we pay them $50 US.....We agreed to pay them and he told us to park a few blocks down the road because we were on a gas station and they had cameras there. We paid them a went to the Hotel.

While driving to Chihuahua we got stop by the military in a desert road just like the one from "The hills have eyes" dark and not a soul or town in miles , about 50 miles in the desert there was a pickup truck and 3 armed guards blocking the road with their faces covered, they ask us for our passports, reason we were traveling at that hour and if we were carrying drugs etc. It was scary, thank God they were the good guys, we still had about 100 miles more to drive on the desert road and they warned us about "disabled cars" along the road, they told us if you see one and you see a woman, baby, men , kid etc. DO NOT STOP, thats how they kidnap you. The use even kids as bait.

The only good experience was the food, other than that, Im glad I live in America and have my 2nd Amendment :-)

We went there to visit some factories and I will never go back.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: cdesigns
So you went to a desert road in the middle of nowhere and wanted to feel safe?, and because of that you will never be back?

Say I go to east Puerto Rico, Bayamon for example, will I feel pretty safe there?, police would not try to bribe me if I happen to speed?, should I say everybody I know that Puerto Rico sucks because of that?

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wrkn4livn
I went to Atlanta like 12 years ago, driving out of the baseball park one of my friends who was driving took a wrong turn and we get lost, after like 10 minutes we happen to be in the middle of some of those housing projects/ghettos, some of them even have high fences on front, we were driving very slow trying to find a way back to a highway and suddenly we hear people shouting, we looked back and many teenagers were climbing the fences and running towards our rented Maxima, they scared the sh*t out of us, did we set foot again in US \ Atlanta?, yes, being most careful than before, and even then in another trip to Texas we also get lost and ended in a neighborhood were every single house looked like the one from the movie House Of The 1000 Corpses, it was during daytime so was not that scary at all, good thing that now cars have GPS.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazike

I was able to easily find "independent" reports disputing the rates in US and there should be for many other countries too.

absolutely true, a lot of countries tamper with those stats. including mexico, probably.

An informal job is a job anyway, farmers don't count as employees even when they work their ass off?, they are not counted in other countries?

well, there's a difference between subsistence farming and industrial farming. personally, i think work is work, but technically stuff like subsistence farming doesn't contribute to the gdp, which is why national employment rates are measured in the first place.

Elementary education is mandatory as stated in the 3rd article of the Mexican Constitution, fail to send your kids to school and they may be taken from you and end up in a foster home, teacher strikes only happen in the state of Oaxaca and ocassionally in Guerrero or Michoacan, but the country have 32 states.
So basically we have 4-5 very f*cked up states which lower the national averages on any indicator, your friend unfortunately lives in one of them, take a look at this example:

Illiteracy rate
Country Average: 6.3%
Chiapas 18.4%
Guerrero 17,53%
Oaxaca, 16,92%
Veracruz 12,02%

If you remove this states the national average should go down to probably around 3%

cool, thanks.

Internet is not censored in any form and the goverment don't have an NSA kind of organization to spy on emails or phone calls, at least not in a massive way like NSA did,

well, since articles and vids are being yanked, i guess we wouldn't have a reliable way to settle the question one way or the other. /shrug

young people protested before the law was discussed the same way as any political matter is protested in this country, Mexico City have crowds in the streets almost every single day, I don't believe there's anything similar in any other city in the world.

actually, there's been a lot of that happening in europe and south america, and when it does, it means people aren't happy.

tell her to move here and enroll on the public university, it's dirt cheap and the quality is good enough, if she is good for an engineering career or something similar I can guarantee that her standard of living will increase tenfold by the time she finish school and have her first job.

cool, that's really kind. she already has a stem degree, she just can't find a job. her sister's in the same boat with a law degree. as it is, her dad is a u.s. citizen with a thriving business, so she comes up here to work with him every few months.

i wanted to say, i really appreciate you stopping by. it's important to get as many viewpoints as you can gather to form a good picture of any complex problem like this.

edit on 25-7-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy
Right, only 92 million mobile phones in a country of 115 millions, what a shame...
Mobile phones in use

I think Netflix, Vudu, etc are a bunch of fools coming here with their business, they should be loosing lots of money because we don't have TVs.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Sorry... Not even almost compareable. Even the US most dangerous citiea pale in comparison

Compared to what, robberies, murders or kidnappings? At least make your claims clear, and back them up with facts. You're just muttering about everything in general, including tourists and Mexican citizens combined. Think before making accusations, it's not that hard to do.

You can count the relatively safe areas on both hands in mexico. How often do you hear about ransom kidnappings in the US? Not 40 times.a.day! There.is no law or protection or consequence.to these cartlea. They caught an enforcer the other day tied to 400 murders. Just the ones hes ties to. They dont suggest driving between cities except toll roada which still have cartel. They say never drive at night.

Once again, You are conveniently mixing in Mexican citizens murders with tourists, not that any loss of life is any different. However, you're clearly spreading disinformation while ignoring reality. Do you have anything to say about that, maybe a counter argument, cause I would love to hear it?

Actually the ount of placea in Mexico are kinda similar in number to.the safe parts of mexico. Maybe a dozen or so tourist spots that are very small with the majority of the country dangerous.

I believe the safe places in Mexico are the majority, not the minority. At least concerning murder or kidnappings. Other issues, are another discussion, cause spiking peoples drinks and overall corruption is happening all over without a doubt.

It was actually laughable to compare the two. You are really in denial.

What is laughable is that you do not possess the ability to have a discussion without making reckless assumptions about others beliefs here. That is the true comedy show, in case you have not noticed.

Dis you.actually read the US assessment.

I read your links, and the my Mexico stories on that website are without a doubt deeply disturbing, and even swayed me towards some of your points. I had read that website about 3 or 4 years ago prior to taking a trip down to Mexico. Things obviously are getting much, much worse as time goes on, and I agree with you about that.

Unfortunately, with that being said, you can't hold a conversation without putting words into other posters mouth while claiming that we are all in "denial", which makes your efforts, good or bad, pointless. Which, is the way of this screwed up World these days, lack of communication.

Can you even explain what it is exactly that I, or anyone else that does not agree with you, has said? Why would you label us as "in denial", can you answer that question, Denial about what? We have agreed that it's dangerous, but the disagreement is whether the MAJORITY of Mexico is dangerous, right?

So put your reckless assumptions aside, and explain the denial that you speak of so we can move on? ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thanks, is good to know that she have a good place were to go over there, there are plenty of opportunities here too, but certainly not in Veracruz, she needs to move to a more developed place, automotive industry is thriving big time right now and oil jobs will also increase a lot in the coming years.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Kill the Cartels. Find out where they are bomb their houses and kill them and confiscate their bank accounts.

Good luck with that...

Your going to have to go after the CIA, the DOJ, the Vatican, the Mafia, the Illuminati, Warren Buffett, and Bill 'slick willy' Clinton too.

They are ALL involved as well.

One of the major contributors and benefactors to the drug trade is Warren Buffett. Buffett has been running the drug trade in the Western Hemisphere for the past twenty years. The drug cartels of Mexico are under his power. It is important that the Illuminati control the majority of the drugs in North America.

Buffett secured control of the drug trade when he approached multiple drug cartels and presented them with contracts. He has been in control ever since, and Ben Bernanke is assisting him with the day to day operations.

Illuminati Truths

The other thing is that Rome is in control of the drug trade. The Vatican controls all of the drug trade—all of the heroin, all of the opium, all of the coc aine, everything going around in Columbia. Do you think that drugs running out of Columbia, with a country that has a concordat with Rome, is not controlled by Rome?

If Rome didn’t want the drug trade out of Columbia, they’d end the concordat. The whole drug trade is run by high Mafia families out of the country of Columbia, subject to the Jesuit General. So we have the Mafia and the CIA working together in the drug trade. We have the Mafia and the CIA working together in the assassination of Kennedy.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

A number of whistleblowers are suing the CIA and other US Government officials to expose their complicity in drug-trafficking operations and cover-ups.

CIA/DoJ COLLUSION IN DRUG TRAFFICKING/COVER-UP

The CIA Created the Drug Culture

edit on 26-7-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
Are you surprised with the number of tourist falling from balconies?, then you had never seen how high on alcohol and drugs many spring breakers usually are. Eric Clapton's son fell from a building in NY, so it should be a very dangerous place to visit.

BTW Mexican also fell from balconies while visiting other countries
Falling from balcony while having sex

Fall victims visiting from Mexico

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Photo's or it never happened..!!

Got any actual proof of all this instead of just a few web links to a few crackpot theories and opinions that show no formal documentation, video/photo's of people actually collaborating/meeting, actual bank details and transactions...etc, etc, etc...

Nup... just another opinion and nothing more...lol

edit on 26-7-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So basically you are saying that if your born in Mexico you are just out of luck. Welllllll..... I guess your lucky to be born in America than, where you can deny the basic human rights around the globe by just turning the channel. Seriously, what would happen if this was happening to you or family members you love? Ignorance and denial only breed more suffering for someone, unless we live in a draconian age as in Mexico. These people are just trying to survive and will you wake up when these crimes start to appear across the border? Oh that's right they already are......denial of a problem does not make it go away, it makes it more powerful and for the one in control reply to: ObjectZero

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Thanks for your story.. true or not. You won't be seeing me having vacation in Mexico any time soon. Does sound like an ugly secondhand B-movie.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They are corrupt too. If you don't play with the cartels, you and your family is killed. Military is not an option there.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironclad2000
Photo's or it never happened..!! Got any actual proof of all this...

And what if I did?

For some, there is NO amount of proof that will change their beliefs.

Trying to convince those in denial is a complete waste of time.

The bottom line is that there is no proof that will satisfy you so you will continue to believe whatever it is that you believe.

Isn't it ironic how most of us go through our entire lives blindly believing everything we are told but when it comes to conspiracy theories, all of a sudden we need to have proof.

Sticking your head in the sand might make you feel safer, but it’s not going to protect you from whats coming.

It may work for ostriches but for us humans, it's called denial, which can ultimately prove deadly.

The deeper you hide your head in the sand, the more defenseless your butt is.

Not to mention the fact that it’s really hard to breathe that way.

Like the post below says...

NO one can convince you of something you are in denial about.

originally posted by: MagicWand67
If you don't see it. It doesn't mean it isn't there. If you want the proof you will need to seek the truth and find it for yourself. No one can convince you of something you are in denial about. You must learn the truth on your own. It seems clear to me that your agenda is not to seek the truth. Instead you seek to support your existing belief system and to deny what you do not want to be real. You are still just following orders like a good soldier. Whether you realize it or not.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jargon337
So basically you are saying that if your born in Mexico you are just out of luck. Welllllll..... I guess your lucky to be born in America than, where you can deny the basic human rights around the globe by just turning the channel. Seriously, what would happen if this was happening to you or family members you love? Ignorance and denial only breed more suffering for someone, unless we live in a draconian age as in Mexico. These people are just trying to survive and will you wake up when these crimes start to appear across the border? Oh that's right they already are......denial of a problem does not make it go away, it makes it more powerful and for the one in control reply to: ObjectZero

So what would you have us do?

Are we now supposed to be the world police again?

At what point does the responsibility for Mexico's problems fall to Mexicans? If they want a better country, maybe they ought to fix it.

We have too many people in this country that we can't adequately take care of according to most of the progressives, but now you want us to try to provide for all the poor people in every other country on the face of the earth, too? How rich do you actually think we are?
edit on 26-7-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join