It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACA Subsidies ruled illegal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Democrats should have made contingency plans.

originally posted by: windword

So that's it? Only Democrats care about the governmental interests of public health, safety and welfare of the people our government represents. What are Republicans good for? Oh yeah, protecting in the 1%.

Time to vote out "Do Nothing" "Just Say No" Republicans.

Republicans didn't vote for the ACA at all. Democrats did and they are the guilty ones now, and they will pay.

In fact they've tried to address some problems in the House, but the Senate stops everything dead in its tracks.

Now maybe the Senate will wake up just a little ?

They really need to come to reality now. People are going to get screwed more than ever with these court strike-downs.

Did you know that Bush made a proposal in 2006 ?

And even McCain made one in I think 2008.

Both buried deep by Democrats.

And Democrats stopped the "Public Option" also.

Strange.

[ looking those up - post later ]

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Can you explain to me why a government needs to "DO" anything to begin with?

So we should throw the baby out with the bath water? Government is supposed to DO THINGS that protect and enhance the best interest of "We The People" in our quest for life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You mean the bipartisan committee that changed the locks on the senate doors, barring all republicans from the hearings and writing of the bill?
m.huffpost.com...

creationwiki.org...

You mean the same bipartisan committee that passed the bill into law, overnight, just past midnight on a Christmas Holiday? Without even one Republican vote?

Yes, a couple of Dem in disguise Rhino's voted, but only after they got their bribe money.

That bipartisan committee?

edit on 22-7-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Republicans didn't vote for the ACA at all. Democrats did and they are the guilty ones now, and they will pay.

Again with the disingenuous cop out?

A Legislative History of the Affordable Care Act:
How Legislative Procedure Shapes Legislative History*

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal

and when bush was in office it was basically the same story...
both parties are guilty of this!!
we should start trying to vote both parties out and put in the independents and third party candidates
see if that helps

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Can I ask you a question?

Do you think, that if we had less government, less taxes ect., that more people would donate to charities and just help each other out?

I do.

And honestly, this healthcare law isn't helping anyone, accept health insurance companies and big pharma.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The government is SUPPOSED to do things enumerated in the Constitution. Nothing more. Nothing less.
edit on 22-7-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Once again, The Patient Protection Act, and the Affordable Care Act were created in bi-partisan committee. These laws belong to Americans, not Democrats, not Republicans.

Votes pass a law, my friend.
Here is a list of Republicans that voted for the ACA becoming the 'law of the land'.

( )
^ the list is right there between the parentheses^

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar
I agree. We need term limits, firstly, and we need to kick out anyone that feels taxpayer monies are just funds to throw around, regardless of what their constituents want.

American's have grown tired of the misappropruation of their tax dollars.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I don't think charity is the answer.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

and do you think that if we lived in a society that respected the contributions of it workers enough to pay a decent wage we wouldn't need so much gov't help or charities??

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I'm well aware of all the things that this record breaking "Do Nothing", "Just say NO" Congress has not done and not voted for.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The government is SUPPOSED to do things enumerated in the Constitution. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Thank you! Someone who gets it!

Problem is, Dems love government, they want a nanny, and want the government all up in their business, hence, they think the government should be all up in your business, too!

They feel they have a choice in this, but you don't. That somehow, their opinion is better, because they are a Dem. You are not, so your opinion simply doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm well aware of all the things that this record breaking "Do Nothing", "Just say NO" Congress has not done and not voted for.

At this point, it is evident you are trolling the thread, and attempting to derail it. Your pioints have all been countered, rather effectively, I might add.

Now, move on, or I will start reporting your posts that are off topic, or political trolling, as now, you are just repeating yourself.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

the "nanny state" seems to have been great for big business though.
Where do you think all the money went to?
it's that nanny state that keeps their employers happy no matter how low the wages go along with providing them customers when the higher paid workers find themselves too strapped for cash to enjoy any extras..

ya know in my neck of the woods I think it's over 70% of the revenues of the healthcare providers is coming from gov't programs....

that number was before obamacare took effect!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Have people missed the OBVIOUS ?

Healthcare was only 'affordable' because everyone else was paying for it.

Another government subsidy program in the long line of subsidy programs.

Which means what people ?

Before the ACA was passed the government couldn't pay it's bills, after the ACA the government still can't pay its bills.

Now millions of Americans can't pay their own bills because their insurance has gotten MORE expensive.

Because by the kings decree and forced you to buy that corporate product,healthcare.

Government is us, and they are doing things right !

Government is us, and their doing things 'right' !
edit on 22-7-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Just because someone passionately disagrees with you doesn't mean they're trolling. I don't believe that my points have been effectively rebutted. If you feel you must report me, go ahead.

In the meantime:

Judge Harry Edwards Issues Blistering Dissent Slamming 'Nonsense' Obamacare Decision

"This case is about Appellants’ not-so-veiled attempt to gut the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act," Edwards wrote in his dissent Tuesday. "This claim is nonsense, made up out of whole cloth. There is no credible evidence in the record that Congress intended to condition subsidies on whether a State, as opposed to HHS, established the Exchange."

edit on 22-7-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Then why does the government subsidize other industries? Why TARP?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Good question. All I said was what the government is supposed to be doing, not that what they are doing is correct.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Again you are mistaken.
The Congress voted the ACA into law.
The poor and middle class would have been better off if they had done nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join