It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Newly Discovered Elongated Skulls In Paracas Peru 2014

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

No, don't think so, wasn't Pye's 'Starchild'... it was attached to a body (skeletal).

Kid was around 2 at death, sacrificed (they guess) by blunt force trauma to base of skull ... interesting if accurate.

ETA they mentioned Forrestoer (SP?) as a proponent of odd skulls in the area, but this find had a different provenance ... again, my memory is far from photographic, but it was a full skeleton and new. It was rather impressive... had forensic analysis, CGI imaging and (seemingly) impartial dna analysis. As I said, that show has, so far, said when claims were suspect and is more "rational" than the other of its ilk.

and the Baltic Sea thing really surprised me as I thought that was totally natural and bunk... but am rethinking it to a "maybe" now. They said it was likely to be artificial but could still be a cold war remnant... but the "skid marks" were very odd, and they confirmed 'coincidental' EM interference in the area.

edit on 8/6/2014 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 8/6/2014 by Baddogma because: add /fix

edit on 8/6/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

No, don't think so, wasn't Pye's 'Starchild'... it was attached to a body (skeletal).

Skulls come off for photos. The claim about a human mother and unknown DNA of the father is what Pye was always on about.

It turned out to be a lie basically.

But you could be right. It looks like the skull though.

originally posted by: BaddogmaETA they mentioned Forrestoer (SP?) as a proponent of odd skulls in the area, but this find had a different provenance ... again, my memory is far from photographic, but it was a full skeleton and new. It was rather impressive... had forensic analysis, CGI imaging and (seemingly) impartial dna analysis. As I said, that show has, so far, said when claims were suspect and is more "rational" than the other of its ilk.

There's a 2 minute clip from the show on the Science Channels' website. That's what I watched.

originally posted by: Baddogmaand the Baltic Sea thing really surprised me as I thought that was totally natural and bunk... but am rethinking it to a "maybe" now. They said it was likely to be artificial but could still be a cold war remnant... but the "skid marks" were very odd, and they confirmed 'coincidental' EM interference in the area.

Not in the clip, and I don't believe it. Maybe if I could find something about it, but no.

Harte

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Now I'll rewatch the darned thing ... hope it's still TIVO'd (dvr'd for those not "lucky" enough to know that service).

As I said, I wouldn't normally post some garbage from a tabloid TV show, but this one has impressed me before with being fairly intelligent about these things (when possible).

Regards.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Okay, thanks to TIVO and a slow home office day, here is the (veeery loose) transcription from 'The Unexplained Files" show on the "Science" Channel (heh)....

Skull and partial skeleton, found in 2011 on mtn used for sacrificial burials near Cuzco, Peru, by the local museum curator (Sounds like Renato Mercalda) while on a dig. Dated to mid 13 century.

Body of a child with out-of-proportion head... 20 inches long (head apprx 10 ", body approx 10 ") both legs and 1 arm are missing (10" body is w/o the legs!).

Called "Rirvision (sp?) Skeleton" (phonetic guess as to name... same as the nearby burial mountain).

Theo Paredes, a "renowned" anthropologist from Cuzco, investigates. Takes body to Dr. Alcides Vargas, a clinic director, who verifies real bone, real mummified soft tissue and real age to it... and it's really weird.

Big cone shaped cranium, protruding eyes w/shallow sockets... small nasal septum (flat little nose)... fontenelle not totally closed leads to guess as to age of approx 1 year... with max age 2 yr.

Tentative diagnosis barring Carbon dating and MRI/x-rays... no obvious head binding signs/marks... so child w uncommon hydrocephalus, in that there is nearly no widening, just a lengthening. Strange in that most sacrifices were of "perfect" children to "please the gods."

After x-rays, there is no sign of thinning skull and indentation common to all previous hydrocephalic specimens they know of... Dr. Erick Flores, radiologist, says... puzzler. No sign of other disease or pathology... cause of death blunt force trauma, fracture to lower left anterior of skull common to other sacrificial victims.

Cranial deformation, head binding, is then examined.

After a CT scan the volume/brain capacity is put at 169 cms... 50% more volume than an average 2 yr old. No signs of head binding w/ boards, wrapping.

Brien Foerster is interviewed... says he believes approx 5% of elongated skulls in Peru are ... unknowns, blah, blah, ET... or other human branches... Denovian, "Hobbts" .

Carbon dating place the body in question as dying in the 13th century.

DNA mitochondrial dna says mom is human... dad's cannot be id'd ... it just defies classification. Hypothesize it's a "hybrid."

Goes on to interview local shaman who relate tale of strange humans coming out of a hole in the sky centuries ago, describe these strangers as having elongated heads. Talks about that mtn "geoglyph" of an elongated headed human (rolls eyes). Aliens who came and gave Peruvians culture (and gonorrhea)? Heh...

Goes on to Baltic Sea thingy... so dunno, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Theo Paredes has no works to be found on Google scholar.

Another guy, you didn't mention, named Farfán Acuña, is mentioned as the "expert" archaeologist that determined the skeleton was (and I quote) "...not human."
Got his name from this article.

Acuña also has nothing listed on Google Scholar.

I've got to say that, if an academic has much standing at all, you will certainly find his name on at least a paper or two at Google Scholar.

Acuña was mentioned as being part of a group that wanted to excavate at Machu Picchu in this ATS thread.

I'm suspect (and deservedly so, I think) when I find that it's easier to find a guy's name on ATS than it is on any academic paper online.

A Daily Mail story states that there was some residue in the eye socket from the child's eyeball and this would be analyzed for DNA. This was in 2011.

Three years later, and I can't find results for this either.

Makes you a little skeptical, doesn't it?

The museum that has this mummy contains many skeletons with elongated skulls. It's a private museum - not state or even community sponsored.

If you ask me, it's apparently a 21st Century freak show and the director is the barker, nothing more.

EDIT: Meant to say that the Museum Director's name can be found at the Daily Mail link I gave above.

Harte
edit on 8/8/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Agreed to all points... as you likely surmised from my more careful perusal's comments.

Be cool if another branch of the family tree were found... and it's likely there are branches, twigs, shoots and roots out there that will come to light someday... and far more lost to time.

This particular matter needs MUCH more serious, documented, open study to move into the "maybe area" as of yet... who knows, though. Certainly there was nothing certain!

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's like Hans says all the time around here.

The skeleton is that of a human being. "Mutants" and "hybrids" don't get merely one, single trait from their ancestors. If the thing was alien in any way, it would show up in the skeleton as well.

Harte

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
It's like Hans says all the time around here.

The skeleton is that of a human being. "Mutants" and "hybrids" don't get merely one, single trait from their ancestors. If the thing was alien in any way, it would show up in the skeleton as well.

Harte

...and the skull especially the teeth would be different, the skulls are purely human with certain elongated parts from binding - other than that human.

Here is a question to ponder what are the specific genes that control the shape of the skull?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
UPDATE 2016

here's a clip from a museum in Bolivia which has a mummified fetus of an elongated skulled, pre-birth human baby...

ergo it was never alive to have its' skull bound and shaped...
the fetus is genetically programmed with a elongated skull...

see:
www.youtube.com...

see related
web site: freedomfightertimes.com...

I contend the genetic 'Father' was one of the several races of 'fallen Angels'

...There are several races of giants mentioned in the Old Testament; Rephaim, Anakim, Emim, Zuzim, Zamzummims, and Zophim. Some still have descendants that are active today....

edit on th30147948922118132016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join