It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Abduction Movie - The Story Behind the Movie, and a Movie Poster Giveaway!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
After watching it again, this movie deserves our utmost appreciation and HELP.

Every ATSer might consider promoting this throughout their circle of influence (you have one, believe it or not, or you wouldn't be an ATSer).

Seriously, one of our own has created something wonderful, lets' show the world that we can promote that which we want to see instead of the tripe the MSM throws at us and makes work with gigantic marketing budgets, let's show the world that there is still a grass roots movement for intelligent content.

As i was reading this reply, a large droplet of what seems to be water, hit my leg. There is no source for a leak that I am aware of.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This will be my first splurge at the beginning of the month to download to my X-box.

I hope there will be some posters left by then. I so want one!

~ Cirque

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MattyBeckerman

Hello there! I'm on vacation this week, but there are going to be some lulls I'm sure. I plan to watch this during the week. To help you market in the best way I'm capable of I will write you a review, and I'll also give the review to my sister to post on her movie review site. It's nothing fancy, but it does have a decent amount of page visits. I will send you a link when it's done. If I miss the cutoff for the poster I won't be butthurt, I've been a guest writer for her site on and off throughout this year and this movie looks like it might easily be the most fun I'll have doing a review (especially after seeing what's being said about it)

Thank you for this thread, I might have missed it otherwise, and that'd be a shame. I love anything alien related. Best wishes to you and Rob, I hope you have continued success and happier stories to tell along the way!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourignoranceisbliss

Is there anywhere we can purchase that poster? I'm just going to assume I'm already out of the running for it, but that's a great freakin poster and I want one!

edit-

Wanted to add that you must not underestimate the power of viral marketing. Post screenshots, gifs, webm clips (big priority here imo) and post them everywhere. You want to create buzz? Give your target audience a taste of your creation. Hell, you've got my attention and I haven't even seen it yet. I wish you success with this film and hope you continue to make more films like this.

There are still plenty of posters left!

I'll put a page on our site with all the stuff you mentioned.
alienabductionfilm.tumblr.com...
We've got some pretty great stuff up on tumbler and facebook.

And you can check out a bunch of banners right here
www.alienabductionfilm.com...

An the posters are available on www.alienabductionfilm.com...

edit on 22-7-2014 by MattyBeckerman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Google play won't let me buy it!!! Stupid region restrictions!!!

I'll suss out the itunes and amazon options

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I Think it was around April of this year that me and my girlfriend rented Alien Abduction ondemand comcast in Maryland. Thats really awesome that you have been able to make a dream come true and do so well with out the main stream corps backing you. You guys did one hell of a job with the movie and Its awesome that the ATS community (a one of a kind) can help with spreading the word. Good luck Man.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I have amazon gift card numbers I think I will rent the movie on the netbook tomorrow. (netbook is a like a mini laptop we got from verizon)

I noticed some thing strange on iTunes. Below the movie info it says "more movies by this director" so I was like OK cool let's what else he has made. It took me to another film, Isolation, I thought oh maybe some more insights from his prison buddy. But as I was reading the information, the director listed is not you.

So I scrolled down and saw again "more from this director", and it took me to yet another movie with yet another director. A third director supposedly under a listing for "more by this director" originally under your movie. Maybe there's something going on here that I am not understanding properly, but I was thinking that as an artist this would kind of piss me off.

Who knows, there could be a few people out there wondering "so whos the one really directing all these movies?" Or there could be someone who started from another movie, read who the director was, and then saw "more by this director" and clicks it and sees your movie and doesn't bother to read who directed it and begins to tell their friends "hey have you seen/heard of that movie called Alien Abduction directed by (someone who isn't you)" So I just thought I would let you know.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Forget the poster, send me some new underware.
i just crap my self!!!
Awesome movie.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My girlfriend and I enjoyed this movie a lot, probably the best recent film we've seen in a long while. I'd also wager that this was the first "found footage" horror film to actually work for me, though I would stack it against a lot of conventional horror films all the same.

Thanks for the good scare Matt!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I cant find it on my search in the movie bit on my xbox one, in Australia??? Why??
i looked all through movies aswell, nothing.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Just wondering have you guys thought about releasing a stereo scopic version for oculus rift and google cardboard?

Something to think about. Not sure how its done but you guys seem like the innovative bunch I'm sure you could figure it out.

Great effort realizing your dream and actualizing it. You have inspired me, so thank you for that.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Awesome movie. Well done and bravo for fulfilling a lifelong dream. Went to the website and sent relevant info (I think) for the poster? Again looking forward to more, actually craving it!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I watched this shortly after it came out. Very good movie for a (very) indie flick.

I think you're doing a great job getting the word out, so keep up the good work!

Thanks for sharing the story behind the movie, too!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hi Matty,

I am glad you're back! I saved my order so I could watch it again. It's
a well made piece of work & especially for an alien movie, the best
one I've seen. I couldn't figure out where to send my info & proof so
I sent you a U2U...forgot my info though LOL!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You must be doing a great job because I've seen the trailer before here in UK. I have no idea when or where but can't wait to watch it!
I will probably enjoy it even more now that I know you guys back stories
edit on Tuesdayam221431Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:04:33 -0500042014-07-22T09:04:33-05:00k by LadyTrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Yeah I watched this film online a while back didn't know about you or your threads...,actually thought it was decent... not amazing but certainly worth a watch and some decent scares.

Good to know that an ATS member made it.

Nice one dude.

edit on 22/7/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Got mine on Amazon, and framed it, its hanging on the wall next to my autographed pic of Candyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) and my Betty Hill star map.
I'm working on my nerd corner of my living room

Hey Matty, you gonna join us for the 'Great ATS meetup in Brown MTN, NC'?

edit on 7/22/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Posted the poster as status update on my Facebook. the movie looks really interesting and i'll see it.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I have amazon gift card numbers I think I will rent the movie on the netbook tomorrow. (netbook is a like a mini laptop we got from verizon)

I noticed some thing strange on iTunes. Below the movie info it says "more movies by this director" so I was like OK cool let's what else he has made. It took me to another film, Isolation, I thought oh maybe some more insights from his prison buddy. But as I was reading the information, the director listed is not you.

So I scrolled down and saw again "more from this director", and it took me to yet another movie with yet another director. A third director supposedly under a listing for "more by this director" originally under your movie. Maybe there's something going on here that I am not understanding properly, but I was thinking that as an artist this would kind of piss me off.

Who knows, there could be a few people out there wondering "so whos the one really directing all these movies?" Or there could be someone who started from another movie, read who the director was, and then saw "more by this director" and clicks it and sees your movie and doesn't bother to read who directed it and begins to tell their friends "hey have you seen/heard of that movie called Alien Abduction directed by (someone who isn't you)" So I just thought I would let you know.

Alien Abduction is the first film I've directed. but before directing, I produced ISOLATION (Eva Ammuri) and another film called THE EXPERIMENT (Adrian Brody, Forest Whitaker). Stephen T Kay Directed ISOLATION Stephen also directed The TV Show The Shield and Sons Of Anarchy. It was a great learning experience, but the movie is ok. THE EXPERIMENT is awesome. It's based on The Stanford Prison Experiment and a German film called Das Experiment. The director on that was Paul Sheering who was the writer and creator of Prison Break. Overall they were the experiences that lead me to learn how to direct a movie on my own.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Got mine on Amazon, and framed it, its hanging on the wall next to my autographed pic of Candyse McClure (Battlestar Galactica) and my Betty Hill star map.
I'm working on my nerd corner of my living room

Hey Matty, you gonna join us for the 'Great ATS meetup in Brown MTN, NC'?

When are you planning the Brown Mountain meetup?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join