It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absurdness of Conspiracy Theories (The Truth About MH17, Why Do People Not Want To See It?)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

Indeed brother. The only conspiracy here is the parties involved attempting to cover up the facts. And as far as "conspiracies" go, this is more like 'business as usual' (unfortunately)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JRCrowley

"The Absurdness of Conspiracy Theories"

You mean like this?

19 hijackers, devout religious fundamentalists who liked to drink alcohol, snort coc aine, and live with pink-haired strippers, managed to knock down 3 buildings with 2 planes in New York, while in Washington a pilot who couldn’t handle a single engine Cessna was able to fly a 757 in an 8,000 foot descending 270 degree corskscrew turn to come exactly level with the ground, hitting the Pentagon in the budget analyst office where DoD staffers were working on the mystery of the 2.3 trillion dollars that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld had announced “missing” from the Pentagon’s coffers in a press conference the day before, on September 10, 2001.

Like that one?

it's a little easier to fly a sophisticated aircraft than most people think, flying a 172 is much more difficult than a modern jet

watch the airbus come into seattle with the pilots just turning dials until they turned the autopilot off, they also turned off the auto throttles. but they could have left both on and had the autopilot land the plane instead of hand flying the plane.

the group of people who flew the planes on 9/11 only learned enough to work the autopilots they didn't need to learn how to land or takeoff since they had no intention of doing either

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I agree with the concept, people do have a tendency to chase a reality that is more entertaining and counter-cultural, but I don't necessarily believe that this subject makes a good example..

Yes, there are some nutty theory's out there regarding this event.. but I don't think simply questioning who is responsible, by any means, puts someone in the 'conspiracy theorist' category.

If a guy gets murdered and one person looks guilty, to simply question whether or not another suspicious person might actually be guilty, doesn't make it a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Let me add my $0.02 here. Is this news a conspiracy theory? I think it is a cover-up; or I even would call it a "Big Bang Experiment". Why would any operation have any counter-productive evidence, or any evidence at all provided online (unless someone outside of it captured it, but still)? Why would there be a Tweeter account for rebels or any other organization? It seems like a wolf under sheep's cover. It also seems like blowing dust into eyes. If we want to get closer to the truth, we have to clear away what seems logical because whoever was doing it was not using any logic whatsoever.

Let's start of with the following questions: Who are the rebels? How did they form? How long did it take? Under what circumstances they have formed such organization? The answers to these questions may reveal only a tip of the iceberg.

My suspicion for some reason falls on KGB agents who decided to form this rebel group and to use pro-Russian people of Eastern Ukraine (aka Donetsk Republic) with financial incentive and interest for boosting Russian economy. Remember GAZPROM closing line through Ukraine and going around through Turkey to avoid Ukraine? Well, it seems that it was GAZPROM's idea to utilize KGB in interest of their country and boost their economy power over Ukraine. Well, it is what we're hearing nowadays over the TV and radio and Internet. What I am telling you is not a fact yet but it is my assumption of how things happened over the last seven months.

I would like to emphasize that it was KGB's idea to form rebel's group which would have own General who would work with interest for Russian Federation and its government conspiracy. Those rebels have created chaos during Maidan period. Those rebels gave votes in for Crimean Autonomous Republic to separate from Ukraine and to become a part of Russian Federation. Those rebels have promised utopia to Crimeans and some Crimeans have voted as well for becoming part of Russian Federation. Now Crimeans regret accepting what they thought at first would help them. Those rebels fought against Ukrainian government and killed innocent people; they covered themselves with women and children in front of them to go into war against Ukrainians who are not Pro-Russian. They took down MH17 thinking that it was Ukrainian military jet trying to destroy them, and they were again wrong, badly and deadly wrong. Where did they get this "BUK" weapon from? Russia. Who allowed this weapon to be transported to the rebels' hands? KGB. Russian Federation now doesn't want to have any association with what they have thought would help them achieve their plan/goal. It is not because of sanctions that are being imposed against them but because of seeing their name in news and global public is now portrayed as dirty and blood-thirsty. I think that they start to realize what they have done.

Those rebels are not Ukrainians. And they do not want to call themselves Russians. They want to be Donetsk Republic. I call them rebels and will continue because of who they really are. Their act is not explanatory. It may be easier to understand Chechens' Republic and its people trying to defend their country and separate from Russian Federation, but when Russian Federation invades Ukraine and parts it into pieces and claims them to be part of Russia, that's dangerously not right. Why is this act not punishable in the 21st century? Are sanctions the only way? Or, is there another way to have government of Russian Federation to pay the price? Ukrainian government would have already used its army against Russian army but it would be a bloody war with no winning in sight. Since Ukraine wants to be part of EU, it is being told to collaborate with NATO and UN and work around conflict with Russian Federation (which it didn't create at the first place) and not to use "excessive" force against Russia. Russia is acting like a grizzly bear and rips Ukraine into parts, and Ukraine is not allowed to defend itself on its own grounds. Russia is being allowed to be tough and rebellious. Is this allowed in our "modern" 21st century? Or, are we going to witness how one nation wipes out another nation? I know "wiping" seems terrible but who knows what will happen.

Please input your $0.02 to this post. I look forward to reading your posts. I appreciate your time and effort. Thank you!

Sincerely,

CoolMaximum

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: coolmaximum
I heartily agree with you my friend.
People seem to forget that Mr. Putin is KGB, and that Russian federation troops were in the Crimea before the so called referendum, Mr. Putin admitted this publicly.
Mr. Putin has done well to build a cult of personality, much in the fashion of J. Stalin, where all could look in .wonderment upon the shining example of patriotism.
I personally have nothing against the Russian people, I myself have Russian ancestors, but where has this rabid hatred for the west come from?
For the most partx in my country , the cold warriors are long gone and the rest of us would love to be able to get along with our former "enemies" .
I lay the blame on the misguided followers of Lenninism/Marxism, which is a soundly failed ideology.
This whole sad affair didn't need to happen

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: tide88

There is actually a psychological disorder that causes people to believe anything is conspiracy. I, for one, believe there are conspiracies, but a high number of members here believe that everything that happens is a conspiracy.

Well the US as you would all know better than me (in Australia) has long history of conspiracy theories.
If by conspiracies you mean NWO/World Gov conspiracies then look no further than John Birch Society as the original source for most of them.
A disorder hardly not since many of them have been proven. Speaking for myself geo political issues/international incidents being discussed on ats are NOT conspirotaiment for me they are all serious issues. In my case attempting to make sense of a rabidly changing and insane world.
A tad presumptuous & of you or other conformists here in my opinion to think or accuse people of having a disorder or doing this for entertainment?
After seeing the growing number of conformist posters on ats I am really starting to question its alternative status or whether this site has opened peoples minds at all to not just being gullible sheep it has been here long enough but posters still as naive as ever, posters come & go but the naive posters always seem to out number the open minded ones & tolerant ones or it is simply the forum is under an all time intense concerted attack by provocateur trolls for the PSTB.

edit on 23-7-2014 by 74joff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
MSM are liars, governments are liars and at least half our history is one big lie.

I have to hand it to Putin, he's damn good, but that's why he's in the position he's in. Sort of likable in the way that a good villain in a 007 movie is. He inserts just enough info to obfuscate the truth - at least if you believe what the liars in our media and government tell us on this occasion. I especially liked the reference to the lies that brought us into Iraq, by Mr. Putin.

The only way to be absolutely certain of the truth is to be directly involved.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: verylowfrequency
I agree,...
Putin is playing the modern info system very well...

He is a force to be reckoned with...

Good for him and his country...

He knows the modern media machine is very sophisticated and in order to not be controlled by it one must let stuff play out...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: haven123

Perhaps he was just having foresight. Maybe he saw a jetliner overhead and thought.. "Jeeze.. if they keep flying over this country someone is going to shoot one of those down."

Like just thinking and not making a threat. Like either side could accidentally do it.

That's always possible. If I was in a warzone with a government capable of doing it (and another group that may be able to) I might think about it and say it.

Just like I said Malaysia may pull a hat trick and lose three planes because they are now diverting flights over Syria. If it happens it doesn't mean I am guilty, just aware of the danger.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I have to agree and not agree with you because i do believe this is what happened but i'm also sure
there is more to it. Nevertheless S&F i am going to follow this topic from now on haven't been around
for a while but this made me curious.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ThisIsMyRifle

I can understand very well why you're getting pretty tired of hearing about MH17 and MH370. It's impossible to turn on the TV or open your browser without being confronted with this tragedy. You say that airplanes crash all the time or they even disappear. That off course is true.

But I do think that the events that took place on 9-11 in New York and Washington and their implications made us more suspicious about what is really going on in this world. When something like the crash of MH17 happens it is possible that Ockham's razor applies but it is also possible that this has been done deliberately in order to create a situation that serves the purposes of TPTB.

And yes, while this event is the focus of attention, what is happening elsewhere on the world that doesn't meet the eye?

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I've never come across a conspiracy theory that is fact, hence why it's called a theory.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Here are some proof that it just might be a false flag afterall.

to OP: Do note that just because evidence seems to be there for the official explanation doesnt meen that the evidence is not manufactured.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudlessvisionary This is perhaps not theory:
www.liveleak.com...
I just found it on LiveLeak. It looks pretty bad for the Ukrainians and Americans now...

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Logic:

You can order a McDonalds hamburger in Russia, Ukraine, Israel, United States.

Everything else is just fodder.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ozwest

I think that video is meant to imply the rebels right? At least the headline is, but I don't think rebels would be let go by police or be so cooperative if that's why you are saying it looks bad for the Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

That video shows Ukrainian Road Police stopping the truck with the BUK. in March.

But the screenshot from this video is used as proof of BUK being transferred "back to Russia".

Even if you ignore the people in warm coats, and think that this is July, important thing there is the stated number of the track(which belongs to Ukrainian controlled territory), and stated destination by the driver (from Donetsk to training drill). They would not just tell now oh, you know, i go from Donetsk (separatist claimed territory).
edit on 23-7-2014 by whitepanther999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
You fell for the fairytale the americans created ... dont worry your not alone 80% of the population is susceptible to brainwashing/propaganda ..

While I agree it is wrong to blindly believe things, what makes it less likely that the Russians are creating a fairy tale? Are they somehow unable to do such a thing?

That leaves us with looking at the raw facts, rather than believing versions of facts as the as presented by others (by both the U.S./EU and by the Russians). One raw fact we do know is that a few weeks earlier, pro-Russina separatists shot down a military cargo. Knowing this, then why would you think it is unlikely that the rebel could also shoot down this airliner (possibly confusing it with another military plane?

I don't necessarily blindly believe the U.S. and EU's version, but I also don't necessarily believe the Russians' version, either...

...I mean, why should I? If (as you point out) the Americans could lie, then it seems logical to assume that the Russians are at least equally capable of lying.

edit on 7/23/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Oh, this is all just the beginning of conspiracy theories about this..

Just you watch.

The plane that just went down in Taiwan during an emergency landing, in a hurricane and into a residential area, killing 57 will also be blamed on the CIA, the US, the Aliens and all interconnected....etc

Mark my words...lol

edit on 23-7-2014 by Ironclad2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: whitepanther999

Okay. I was just confused about the point of the video.

I've always thought it more likely that Keiv and the Ukrainians shot the plane down, but just my opinion.

I would say 80 percent Ukraine, 20 percent chance rebels IF rebels actually had a BUK (Ukrainians have plenty). If the rebels don't have one.. well we have our answer for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join